
There really is nothing better than a getaway...away from your chores, your life, your own reality. 3 days in San Francisco was just what the doctor ordered. I haven't been to SF since I was in 9th grade. And that trip was a little unconventional....it was me and my mom, a single man and his two daughters, and a lesbian couple. Colorful, no?? It's only now looking back that I realize that the trip was a bit wacky, but I was just happy to be on a trip!
So my sister-in-laws and I planned this trip a few months out, and were so pleased when it actually came to fruition.
Me and two other gals left Thursday night. It felt odd to only be monitoring my stuff, and having free hands. And time to sip a diet coke. And read on the plane. I felt like I had a secret, being all by myself.
Tiffany and I on the plane. Traveling is ridiculously easy when you are alone.
Tiffany and I on the BART. Sure was loud, but very cool and very convenient.
This shot is hilarious. I look like Mary Tyler Moore or something. Being alone in such a fun city brought out my whimsical side, what can I say?
Chinatown....pretty fun shopping. But it is a little like the ABC stores in Hawaii...you see one shop, you've seen them all. I really tried to find a use for a plastic gold cat statue that waves, but sadly, I couldn't.
Rice-a-Roni anyone?? And yes, one day I'm sure I will look back at my sunglasses and laugh.
Lunch at a restaurant by the wharf. We sure did a lot of eating.
Look at this big smile...that's because I'm shoe shopping. peacefully. alone. in San Francisco. :) It's not that the shops were different, but each one was SO much bigger than the shops around my house.
And after all that shopping, what else is there to do? There are only four words necessary to describe the bliss of this picture. Middle. Of. The. Day. :)
I can't be certain....but I wonder if I might have stumbled upon heaven in all our wanderings.
Here's Jessica, my partner in crime....
for eating things like this at Ghirardelli Square....we were seriously sick. It was like peanut butter with a side of peanut butter topped with peanut butter.
But it was seriously so cold....case in point. The smiles are just a front.

But thanks, ladies, for a memorable trip. San Francisco is such a fun city. It was clean, and safe, with so much to do. I don't remember a weekend where I have laughed as much as I did....even if a lot of it was at my own jokes. :)



1 comment:
I'm so jealous, but so happy you guys got to go!!! Next time can I come...pretty please??? ha ha ha :) Love ya--hope to see you soon!
Post a Comment