So maybe I will take it up again, maybe I won't. But for now, here are the latest happenings in my head that need a soft place to land. Random, but at least they will be accessible from now on, somewhere deep in cyberspace.
My little Kate is growing up before my very eyes. Today she sang a solo in church with Elder Gilbert, a missionary in our ward. She sang "A Child's Prayer" and she told me her knees were shaking because she was so excited, since she had never sang a duet before!! They did such a great job; there wasn't a dry eye in the house. She also sang a solo at a baptism yesterday. This morning I was doing her hair and she said to me, "So many people keep hiring me to sing in their wards!" I said that no one was hiring her and she said, "YEah, I mean like, they know I have a good voice." and I said, "No, they know you like to sing." Doing my best to keep her humble. :)
And while I'm on the subject of Kate, she got her ears pierced recently. She was such a big girl, it was an ear piercing party. I always said 8 years old, but then when a group of her friends were going, I thought it would be such a memorable day for her to get to have a big girl day and go do that. She is so responsible I knew she could take care of them. Eight was really an arbitrary number anyway, so we decided to do it. Jim didn't think it was too funny that I just decided we are going to do it, but how do you compromise on something like that? But he let Kate have her fun, and he did admit that she looked pretty cute with her little flower studs in. We went to Claire's at the mall, and then we went to lunch afterwards. Kate kept referring to our Saturday adventure as "girls night off" and "ladies day out." Hilarious. What could she possibly need a day off from?
But we got to the store, and we were waiting for a second employee to arrive so they could pierce the girls ears at the same time, lessen the pain. But ultimately I just told Kate to climb up in the chair and do it. So she did....no tears, all smiles, pleased as punch with her new big girl earrings. And we did have such a fun day, a day she will probably remember happily when she recalls the time she got her ears pierced.
Well geez, if I'm going to give Kate a post, i guess I better address the other two kids in my life. Ezra had a Mother's Day program at his school, and it was very cute. He doesn't have the performance pizazz that Kate does, but his shyness is so charming, and a refreshing break from his usual roughness, that I'm sort of glad he's like that.
I mean, who could resist that grin??
And Ivy Bean....oh Ivy Bean. She is so spunky and just full of life. As Jim says, "every house needs an 18-month old in it." She is a parakeet these days, and she repeats everything that Kate and Ezra say. She is starting to figure out what she wants and doesn't want, and is so bratty about expressing those opinions! She no longer wants to sit in her booster chair at dinner, but wants to sit in a big kid chair. And she constantly pulls my legs to the fridge, makes me open it, and puts to the cheese and says, "That!" And all she says to me all day long is "No!" But it's not a simple no...it is a "Nnnnnoo!" But luckily, she is still so small and hilarious that it is still so darling. Who knows how long that will last....
And finally, sometimes having your camera at church pays off because your kids are clean, contained, and cute!!



4 comments:
No one has made a comment yet because we all stopped checking your blog back in December!!! Today i thought, what the heck, I will check!! I like to read your blog, so post once in a while. Maybe I should "HIRE" Kate to come sing in my ward!
Love the update, A. Your kids are getting so big. I still love stories about Kate. That girl is a firecracker.
holy crap your kids are cute. and awesome. and funny. lucky mama.
Love it!!! Thanks for the update! Always nice to see those babies ;-DD
Post a Comment