I like your 4 month blog lull and then this...not that I would have known, i havent looked at blogs in a month! How do you get Ezra to agree to a suit? My kids refuse, but it is so adorable.
the other day the doorbell rang and I told Kate not to answer it until I could look to see who it was. No one was there when I peeked out the window, so we opened the door and saw a package on the doorstep. Kate looked at me and said, "How did that package ring the doorbell?"
All our hard earned money spent on her Montessori school, and Kate has managed to go an entire school year still calling pre-school "pretty school." But it's probably because I have never once corrected her...I hope she thinks that's what it's called forever. :)
Kate says to me, "Mom, there is something in my eye! Oh, I got it out, it was just an eye wack." Eye wack, eye lash...same thing, right?
Jim had Kate pay $8 tithing from her Speedo photo shoot yesterday. On our way to church, Kate was explaining tithing to me: "I'm going to give my money to the prophet and he is going to send it to Jesus."
Kate's prayer tonight: "Please help Ezra...to not be a piglet. And please help Daddy to not be so wacky. " Her prayers are amazing, I should start tape recording them all.
I was doing Kate's hair and she said, "Ow mom, you just got that rectangular in my eyes!" Umm...that would be detangler, not rectangular. And to top it off, it was hairspray. Geesh, Kate, learn your product, would ya!
Her latest prayer: "Please help us that mom and her parents can say the prayer...sometimes. Please help us to get a lot of exercise. Please help Ezra to fold his arms and close his eyes. Please help us to have a lot of energy. Please help us to kick all the pokey things off the tramp". Everything is a Please help, or a Please Bless....apparently we need to work on the thankful part of our prayers!!!
I decided to be a good mom, and try to teach Kate the "true meaning" of Christmas. So I told her that we celebrate Christmas because it was the day that Jesus was born. And she says to me, in a sing song voice, "Yeah, when Jesus was in your tummy!". Umm, no Kate, i did not give birth to the Savior of the world. She kills me.....
Kate has had a fever now for a few days, and tonight she just looked so miserable. I said to her, "Oh sweetie, when are you going to feel better?" And she replied, "I don't know, maybe at ten o'clock." Oh sweet....cause right now it's 9:15. :)
Kate has been reading the book "The Tortoise and the Hare" lately, and yesterday on a walk she said, "hey momma, let's play slow and steady wins the race. I'll be slow, and you be steady." lol!
So tonight at dinner Kate says to Jim, "Hey Daddy, you know who thinks quickly when things start to shake?? Your brain, right here."(tapping her forehead). Apparently they learned about earthquakes today at preschool.
And her prayers these days! Someone should compile a book of all the hilarious things kids pray for....Kate said last night, "Please help us to bless the food....please help us to go to Sea World pretty soon....please help us to not talk silly talk....please help us to not hit or bite anyone......" Try keeping a straight face through that one!
Kate put on her Dora nightgown the other night and she kept saying, "Daddy, I don't like this nightgown! It's icky and skanky!!" Did I teach her skanky?? Seriously.
As some of you may know, we have a family from Germany staying with us right now. Kate calls them "the German girls". And today the girls were talking to each other, and Kate looked at me and said, "Those girls are talking in Germany."
Last night in her prayers, kate said this: "Please help us to drink apple juice and milk, and not throw up. Please help us to say "Jules the Musician" (a musician who came to her school a couple weeks ago), and please help us not to bite....remember what I said? and please bless Ezra....". How classic, I always say to her, "You remember what I said? If you touch Ezra again, you will be in time out." So here she is, what, threatening God? Out of the mouth of babes, I tell ya.
Today at the mall, she said to my friend Sara, "Sara, my whole life is soo tired." And she sighed, all exhausted. 3? or 30?
Kate says to me this afternoon: "Mommy, I want chicken nuggets for lunch......that means you have to get up." How sad is that? You can tell I've been stationed on the couch lately!
"But Grammy Kay I don't want you to go home! Who will be my best friend? No one.....no one will be my best friend." Now does that break your heart or what??
"mom, what happened to my show? You didn't ba-cord it?" record, ba-cord....same to her.
Being sick I offered her some Gatorade. Then she kept asking for her "Ungerator."
The other day Kate told me to list a word that started with a Q. I said, "Why don't you tell me a word that starts with the letter Q?" She paused for a minute, then said, "Cube."
Tonight at dinner she told me that I was Prince Eric, she was Ursula, and Jim's character was naturally....."Grimsby." (Prince Eric's butler). No Ariel, Flounder, Sebastian....but Grimsby manages to make his way into the line-up.
And finally, this example is why Kate is so exhausting....Kate at the dinner table tonight: "I had a birthday. I shared my Dora cake with Uncle Nick. But not the other Nick, the painter. He painted my room pink. I like the color pink. But I really like the color blue. My cup is blue....hey, (holding up cup) I need some water!" To which Jim and I just burst out laughing....talk about a stream of consciousness! She never shuts up! : )
A Little Bit About Us
Jim: He enjoys working (wishes he could fit in more), surfing (doesn't get to do it enough), and spending time with his kids and family (does his best to put in some quality face time). Notice a theme, here? He also loves peach Haagen Daas while watching the Office and basically any activity that involves his two brothers. And just to keep it real here, Jim loves to shop/spend money. You should see the guy go at the outlets! Has been known to drop his wife and two kids off at the pool while he goes back to the mall to return a few things and pick up a couple more shirts. Ummm...can you say, metrosexual??
Adrienne: Might as well talk in first person, since we all know who is writing this! I love being a mom 99% of the time ;) , working out--just did a 10k and am training for my second half marathon, scrapbooking (which i basically never do anymore), blogging (or attempting it anyway), spending time with my "peeps", and watching all my shows (thank goodness for a summer hiatus!). Oh, and i like ice cream, too, but for some reason I can't work it into my daily weight watcher points!!
Kate: As my mom said recently, "Having Kate around is more like having a roommate around than a child!" Perhaps she is referring to her endless dialogue and neverending singing. She is so precocious, and she cracks us up constantly. She just started preschool, and we hope she'll dig it. She loves, loves, loves to swim, play with friends, and bug her brother.
Ezra: Little Ezzie bear....what a joy! At 10 1/2 months he has six teeth that has truly made nursing a "labor of love", he doesn't crawl, and he is the worst nighttime sleeper ever. BUT, I absolutely adore him and I cannot get enough! He is such a happy, pleasant baby....and I'm crazy about him.
8 comments:
What?!?! A new post?!?! As Ruby would say, "This is so 'citing!"
Oh Ezzie ... that is adorable! It almost looks like you Photoshoped his head on a man's body. That suit is hilarious! (Hilariously cute, of course!)
Do you know we have pictures of Josh at this same age in a similar suit. I think little people should always wear suits.
So lovely to see you.
I like your 4 month blog lull and then this...not that I would have known, i havent looked at blogs in a month! How do you get Ezra to agree to a suit? My kids refuse, but it is so adorable.
what a sharp toddler! Hope you are doing well.
dapper dan!
maybe I should throw jack in a suit and pray to the heavens above that his behavior would match the reverence of the suit! fat chance.
Sweet
Sweet
wow he is ready
Post a Comment