But life has been pretty uneventful lately. Ezra no longer takes official "go to your bedroom" naps, but yet, 5 out of 7 days a week he can't make it the whole day without falling asleep somewhere.
And bedtime is no different. He calls that little green frog rattle his "ribby" (ribbit).
Kate and Ezra continue to have a love/hate relationship, but without jinxing it, dare I say it is more love than hate lately?? Her being gone all day to school has actually helped A LOT.
Ivy Bean turned four months old. She is as cute as ever, and is getting fatter by the day. :) Kate is my good little helper, and another first, Ezra can occasionally entertain her as well. Ivy loves stimulation and Kate loves an audience, so they are a perfect pair.
Even "Lennie" has gotten a little better at "being soft", which I must say a hundred times a day.
Kate also had a whale watching field trip with her school. I wasn't about to go so Jim went, which Kate thought was so great. Apparently all the other moms felt the same way because Jim said that there were a lot of dads that went, and they were all joking that it was because it was actually a cool field trip. Kate had a great time, and they actually did see some whales, which apparently doesn't happen very often.
Here is Kate, singing for her teacher Ms. Flavia.
My mom also came out last weekend for the OCMCO concert. I am finally back playing in the orchestra after taking a year off to have Ivy Bean, and Kate is now part of the Sunbeam chorus, which she loves. The concert was great and i was so happy that my mom could be there.
Hey cheese....
My kids adore my mom, and it is easy to see why. She does the simplest things with them, but my kids love it. Here they are making a paper chain to Easter. Seriously? Why haven't I ever done that to keep them busy for an hour?
And my mom talked to my kids about dying eggs so of course Kate got a bee in her bonnet and would not let it go until we finally did it. Then she said, "This is boring. I mean, i know it's not boring, but it's still a little boring." Whatever...it is a little anti-climatic but I was just amazed we got through it without cracking any eggs or spilling any cups of dye!!
Ivy Bean loved dying eggs. Man, how hammered do I look?
Well....til another month.



8 comments:
Hey A, great post. Fun to get an update. What's even funnier is the SNL skit on in the background of one of those pictures with Kristen Wing doing her hilarious dance on the gameshow!
Beans is the cutest thing ever! I think I"m going to have to make a paper chain for my girls birthdays. They won't stop asking me if it's going to be here when they wake up.
Look at Kate with her bow in her perfect hair! I'm so jealous. I love those pictures. Ezra is too funny sleeping anywhere he lands. Good update.
You so NOT look hammered. Venture a gander at some of my recent photogs and you'll see tired, old, and hammered at it's best! Ivy is the cutest! Why to I love the little babes so much? Seriously love em!
Ivy bean is very darling and how is she already 4 months? Speaking of 4 months... why do I still have that long left? Argh!!!
a. thanks for taking down jason's ex.
b. your family is so cute. I should just drive out one day and hang out at your place. jack would have a blast!
I think were all playing catch up and not only when it comes to blogging. I love Ezra crashing randomly all over your house. Funny
Looks like some serious fun! You guys know how to party!!
Post a Comment