Tuesday, February 3

Tom Hanks...or Jason Messnick?

Last night's show...i realized why I really enjoy this season. It is because the girls all seem to actually be friends, like genuinely, sincere, nice girls! Every episode it seems so forced but with this show, all the girls seem to care about each other, which I think generally indicates that they are just kind people. Jason has a tough task ahead of him.

I think the Melissa date was great, although i can't help but wonder if the show is encouraging Jason to play the "daddy card" a litte more. AFter all, that is what the viewers love about him. I thought it was sweet that Melissa cleaned his house up, like performing perfectly in a job interview. Skills as a housewife? check. I would also like to say what i wouldn't give to want to be comfy yet still spicy so I put on the shortest pair of shorts I own. Umm, yeah, what would that be like? She has great legs! She is very cute, despite all the weird things she does with her mouth. But is that seriously Jason's house? It was straight out of Sleepless in Seattle! Is he loaded and we just don't know it, cuz I'm sure that that is pricey piece of real estate! But note to Jason, please don't talk while kissing. Thanks.

The group date seemed fun. I of course had some negative observations about Stephanie but I almost feel bad typing them since she was so nice and got the boot....but oh well. Her puffy white vest! And the blush! She is literally killing me softly with the things she has worn this season. And once again, she is just so dreamy and.....reverent. I don't know, she speaks so slowly and everything has to be so sensual with her. the conversation about their sexual preferences? Yikes...that's all I have to say about that. But all in all, the group date seemed pretty fun, although it was glaringly obvious that their was no connection with Stephanie like he had with Molly and Jillian.

Naomi's date did look incredibly fun. She and Jason seemed really comfortable around each other....and how could anything that included FONDUE be anything less than stellar? I did think that Naomi seemed to be the instigator a little more in the affection dept. For some reason, Jason's body language didn't seem that into her...he almost seemed maybe a little bored?

As for the coffee shop scene with Jillian, am I just a pig or does anyone else notice that they never finish, or even start, eating the food in front of them? Those cappucinos were just brimming over with delicious frothiness, and they didn't even touch them! What gives? I was a little annoyed by this conversation. Jillian describing herself as so "strong"...gimme a break. And every episode there is the person on the show who simply comes on for an adventure and then spends the rest of the time on the show trying to convince the Bachelor that they are actually there because they're falling in love. Good one....remember hot basketball player Graham with Deanna? I rest my case. And I also hate it when you are watching people kiss and you actually see their tongue enter the other person's mouth....espcially in a public place by a very public window! Save it for a fireplace/blanket "sesh" Jillian!!

The rose ceremony drama was actually not that intense, despite Chris Harrison's promises of the most dramatic ceremony ever. Seriously, how does that guy even get through repeating these same cliches after all these seasons? But I digress....I wish Naomi would maybe pull ALL the hair off her face, at least one time. The pieces pulled out to hang in her face remind me of the 90's. But alas, Stephanie, it was sad to see you go. She really did seem like a pretty incredible person, and I thought Jason's goodbye was really touching. And you could sense the girls respect and admiration for her, which I liked. And I'm sure there are plenty of men in this world who would sign up for her kissing every "inch of their body".....TMI!!

As for the hometown dates...like always it looks interesting. Poor Melissa....I wonder if her parents told her they wouldn't be involved from the get go or if they changed their minds as it got closer. We shall see....I pick Naomi to go home next. And for the love....let's see some real drama and bring Deanna back already!!!

9 comments:

Kim Messick said...

As always I love to log on to your blog on Tuesdays - after the bachelor! I think you should write for a magazine (maybe a gossip column!), I don't know, you just have a way with words and you are always so descriptive of every detail that I just watched!!! And I always agree with everything you say! Except maybe about Stephanie... I must admit I did shed a tear when he sent her home. I didn't feel like she was meant for Jason, but she is just so sweet and genuine, I truly hope she finds someone to love her with their whole heart, like she would do for them! Honest, I wish I could be a little more like that! Am I lame?
Thanks for letting me read your posts!
Kim Messick

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

I don't even watch the Bachelor--I just tune in to the Zimmerman Clan to get the skinny!

andrea said...

Another great recap. I was happy to Stephanie go. You knew it was either her or Naomi and since Jason called Naomi out she was staying.

I feel like I have learned a lot this season. I like how Jason explained how important the hometown dates are.

I read a little something on Deanna coming back and I think she comes back to help him make a decision not to break his heart again. Only time will tell.

ali said...

Adrienne. I think you would get like 100 comments if you weren't so good at pinpointing every detail. We are all left speechless.

Stephanie is a class-act. Loved his sincere goodbyes. She would have been a sure bet as far as AMAZING moms for Ty goes, but i'm sure Jason was leery about a lifetime of butterfly kisses and bedazzled shirts.

As for the other girls, I think they are all a gamble. Seriously...i have a hard time believing that any of those girls are truly "ready" to be moms. I think a couple of them would be amazing, but it is impossible to know what motherhood is like without actually doing it. and it ain't all peaches and cream....that's all I'm saying.

All I know is that I hope he DOES find a woman that will be willing to take all that on. He is such a great guy.

My decisions are in limbo now. I am not sure which girls I trust. Look at me...I'm losing sleep over this as though it's my lifetime decision I'm making. That's what makes the bachelor so fantastic!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

I always look forward to A's report on the Bachelor. I do agree with you about Melissa and her mouth! What is up with that? I tried to explain that to B and he was completely oblivious!

MM said...

Your blog is getting my hooked on this show. Thanks a lot! :)

Anonymous said...

I love, love, LOVE that you blog about the bachelor. It's everything that I'm thinking and more. And I can hear your voice as I'm reading and it totally cracks me up!

The McCulloughs said...

When in the H is Deanna coming back?? I thought for sure she would have come back, but no! I must be hungry too, because I am always noticing their untouched food (the sticky buns in the coffee shop...mmmm. they looked so good to me I wanted to jump through the tele!) and wondering if they are just too in love to eat. I don't think I ever felt this way? You are spot on, as usual, and I agree with Kim, you should write for a magazine!

Anonymous said...

Okay I am a friend of Mandy's (see directly above) she sent me to your blog for your fab Bachelor recaps.. I am in LOVE! You take the words from my mouth, I hope you don't mind but I am sending my girlfriends your blog address so they can enjoy your delish thoughts on the best show to ever appear on tv!! We meet every Monday night to watch and eat, and dish, and it is the highlight of my week.. really I live in Idaho, so not that that is hard, but anyways, just sayin,,..
PS I LOVED Stephanie too, but her white vest, double barrets, and kissing every inch schpiel has been disturbing me for a week now! Our groups' take... she needs an OLDER southern gentleman to sweep her off her feet. Hope you don't mind me blog stalking for awhile...ta ta