Tuesday, February 10

Rosie the dead dove. :)

O Canada......Jillian and Jason. She sure lives in a gorgeous area, doesn't she? I thought this date was fun but sort of boring. The only really entertaining part of it was listening for the occasional "a-gane" in her speech. I always cringe a little watching the families first meet--do you shake or do you hug? And then when Jillian's dad had the flag to wrap around Jason, it made it that much more confusing. Her mom's toast to Jillian was sweet, but whenever I see moments like that, I think of my own family in that situation. These families act like they haven't seen each other in years! I could never imagine my mom writing me some sappy toast, weeping as she read words of affection. But Jillian's family seemed like they had a good sense of humor. I thought it was hilarious when Jason and her Dad were out in the garage having their talk--nice and manly! And Jillian's family date confirmed what I have always thought--the Bachelor needs more grandma's on it! The Canaadian boxers were pretty clever, especially when the family sang the national anthem to them at the end. But I don't know....I like Jillian but I just don't see sparks flying between these two.

On to Molly....golf was fun, showing your man that you are into his sport. But her family, or her mom, rather, was quite zany! I thought the hat box was good fun, but once again, I think of my own family in a situation like that. Do these families save up their crazies just to put on air? I thought her mom asking Jason to draw something was pretty intimidating at first, but it turned out to be pretty cute. Jason seemed like such a good sport through it all. But I thought the most interesting conversation of the whole date was between Molly and her dad. She made a reference to being surprised she was in the final four, and her dad said, "I'm not." and Molly said, "You're not? why?" And her dad responded, "Because you're a winner." Umm...yeah, it's not a contest, but to Molly's dad, you could clearly tell it is one. Hence, the remark about promising to not cry in the limo should she be sent home. I almost want her to go home just so I can see if she makes good on her promise!
On a sidenote, here is a little note to the producers of this show. If you are going to make your show two hours long, how about you show more of the actual dates or conversations happening, rather than the constant recap of what's happened, as well as the previews of what's to come! Seriously! For instance, Molly's sister didn't say one word on air. I felt like all of the dates just sort of skimmed the surface. Yet there was more than adequate info on just what happened last week, and what was going to happen on each upcoming date, to be shown in about 7 minutes! It makes me laugh too because the preview is supposed to sort of reel you in, and keep you watching. Well, if I'm watching your crappy previews I'm clearly already a fan of the show so don't tell me what's coming, just show me more of it actually happening!!
Okay, back to the hometown dates. Naomi....poor Naomi. I have talked a lot about every episode having a crazy girl, or an awkward kiss, etc. Well, every season has to have a wacky family and that prize DEFINITELY goes to Naomi's family. I wanted to die for her. The hula hoops...okay, a little zany but sort of fun. The dead bird funeral? Actually pretty gross, thinking of her mom actually picking up road kill and putting it in her freezer, but whatever, slightly comical. But the one-on-one conversations with Hector the dad, and then her mom....YIKES!! First of all, the talk with her dad...i loved the slot machines in the background. But that whole "come to Jesus" talk was unbelievable! Poor Jason couldn't even disguise how uncomfortable he was! But the convo was unreal not just because of the heavy topic, but also because it almost had no relevance to Naomi and Jason whatsoever!! Like when he asked Jason about marriage, and then says, "I think the best example of marriage is the one Jesus introduces in the Bible." Umm, what? You know when you're listening to someone bear their testimony at church, and they are going on and on about some random topic, and you are just waiting with baited breath to see how they are possibly going to link their story back to anything remotely religious? Well, that's how I felt with Naomi's dad....except I was waiting for him to link his religious sermon somehow back to his own daughter. It was too much....that is, until his mom starts yakking about reincarnation and Indigo kids and soul families and Jason being a mother in a past life! Are these people kidding me? And Jason seriously told Naomi that he wasn't booting her off because of her family?! Good one....I'm sure those two wack jobs are exactly what he wants Ty to have for grandparents. Honestly, Naomi's parents might have just taken the cake as the craziest of all....especially because neither one of them seemed even remotely interested in Jason and Naomi's process, but only in pushing their own versions of crazy!!! And Naomi ends the date on the doorstop saying, "I'm so glad you got to meet my family!" Well, you shouldn't be honey, because they just blew it for you! (And then she patted Jason's butt which I thought was cute.)
On to Melissa...first of all, her teeth are seriously comparable to Ross's on that Friends episode. They are so bright! Kudos to her on the tooth fairy gift for Ty's "moneys". I think that scored her big points. What didn't score her big points? No parents and friends that seemed to just focus on how bad her past relationships were and how low her self esteem is! Honestly--who did this girl date?? I just compared her date with Jillian's or Molly's and Melissa seemed like a mess with her personal relationships. The whole date just seemed weird--how have her friends never met her parents? That seemed so odd to me. And again, all her friends seemed to talk about was how big of losers her past boyfriends were and how Melissa never thought she deserved better. I'm sorry, that isn't a good thing. Everyone learns and grows from relationships but Melissa's personal life just came across as a mess after her hometown date. But the perks to no family?? She got to take him back to her "suite" (what is that??) for some alone time--GENIUS! The other girls didn't get to do that. I wonder if Melissa's family will watch the show as it airs...probably not.
So the rose ceremony was no surprise, really. I'm convinced now more than ever that the show encourages Jason to announce his choices in a certain order; leaving Melissa and Naomi as the last two was clearly intended for suspense. I think we all knew that Jillian and Molly were going on. But I wonder what Naomi did or said (other than trying to say it outright that she is ready to settle down) that made Jason feel like she wasn't ready to be a mom. It can't be her age because Molly is 24as well, and Melissa is only 25. It just goes to show how much we must not see because all we did hear Naomi say is how ready she is not to be single anymore. But oh well....another heartbreaking limo scene.
And finally, New Zealand! Deanna! Jason crying wussy tears on a balcony! Steamy hot tub scenes for everyone!! The overnight date card!! I can hardly wait!
And on to Melissa

4 comments:

Christy said...

I love your recaps! Naomi can say she is ready to be a mom all day long but I wasn't buying it either. I think Jillian is my front runner now. I didn't like the "you're a winner" conversation with Molly. There is something else about her that I'm not clicking with. I can't figure it out. I like Melissa but she seems too young and obviously she has some growing up to do. Her friends were not doing her ANY favors!
But I could watch the previews over and over again! I can't for the DeAnna drama! YES!!

p.s. I keep waiting to see pictures of Kate in her uniform.

Kim Messick said...

Lovin' your recap! Last night's show was so much fun to laugh at! How could Jason keep a straight face at Naomi's house?! You have to be kidding me...on National T.V.? They PAID that family to do that! Right? I think "Jill" and "Moll" will be the last two standing...(And what's with his little shortening of their names...is that supposed to be endearing - like little nicknames?)
Lovin' it!
P.S. Your kids are just darling!!!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Always a treat!

diana said...

Poor, poor Melissa. She says she doesn't take it personally that her entire family has blown her off her entire life, but come on! Besides the obvious won't support her by coming on the show, her parents have never seen her perform & her brother couldn't be bothered with traffic to come meet Jason (and you know that just skims the top of it), they've basically let her know how UNimportant she is to them. Her statement is just a defense mechanism to keep herself from feeling the true pain of their blantant rejection of her. No wonder she's dated such losers who don't put her first. She's been taught her entire life that she doesn't deserve any better.