Life with three kids has been going well. We have had some things happening around here. First off, Ezra has attempted to boycott his nap, and most days I find him somewhere around the house like this:
But Jim has still managed to catch a few zzz's....even when supposedly cleaning up the kids room a.k.a. the living room.
Ivy Bean has been growing like a weed. She is starting to smile and she likes it when anyone is near her....well, except for Ezra. :)
Jim has discovered a way to hold her that is easiest for him when he has to pace a little. And despite the way it looks, Ivy Bean seems to enjoy the position as well.
Here is a rare moment of "softness" from Ezra to Ivy.
But as you can see, it only lasts for about a second before it gets progressively more and more rough.
And little Ivy Bean loves her bath. I don't think she has ever cried taking a bath, even when she was really little. And I love giving her a bath so I can pinch her little naked body and then hold her when she smells so yummy and has fluffy hair.
It sure is hard to focus sometimes though.
And in other big news, Kate is really growing up. She has learned to ride her bike without training wheels. One Saturday she couldn't do it, and the next week she could. It makes me crazy nervous to watch it but she does a good job. And when she falls, she gets right back up.
She is also such a good helper with Beans. She thrives on it when I ask her to "sit" by Ivy. But to be honest, Ivy is much more content if Kate sits by her and talks to her, so it really is helpful. That is, until Ezra tries to get near them and Kate gets a little "fierce" trying to protect Ivy.
Kate also started Kindergarten at her Montessori school. She now goes to school from 8:45 to 2:45, five days a week! It is such a long time. I can't believe it when I go get her and it is after three by the time we get home! But she has really loved it so far. She likes wearing her uniforms and she has already made new friends in her class. We pay an arm and a leg for it but I feel really good about it. She is so tired by 7:30 every night it is worth the money. :) Her first day of school we were having burritos for dinner and Kate just had her chin in her hand, eating slowly. It was a beautiful sight. Another perk is that she isn't home to fight with Ezra all day. Overall, it has been a good move so far and I'm excited for her.
But little Ezra is sort of at a loss now being home alone all day with just me (and Beans of course).
This about broke my heart one day. He asked me for some apples and then said he wanted to eat them outside. When I looked out, this is what I saw. He looked so small and lonely just sitting in the only sunny patch he could find, eating his apples.
The days are pretty long trying to entertain him now but anything is better than the endless fighting between he and Kate. And you can bet that he is now back to napping regularly....that was the first thing I implemented once Kate was gone all day. But i feel like my life is just shifting before my eyes. It is bittersweet, for sure.



4 comments:
Those pictures of Ivy are precious! Way to go on the update...I like it.
You have such a beautiful family. Loved the update on your children! Can't believe they are all so big...and adorable!
Seriously, where did Beans come from? She doesn't look like Jim either! Wherever she came from, those people must have been cute though!
Poor Ez, that's the most depressing picture. Good thing he doesn't know it's sort of pathetic.
And I didn't know Kate had to wear a uniform. That is hilarious. She looks so grown up!
These pics of your lil' Ivy are darling! You seriously have the cutest freakin' kids ever!
Post a Comment