Okay, I've been to New Zealand and it didn't look anything like that! I think I might need to go back and check out Queenstown instead of dirty Auckland! Breathtaking!!
Date with Jillian....i loved their matching flannels....and Jason's haircut. My thoughts of red flags came when Jason was talking about how they needed to discover the passion between them. In my experience, it is passion and attraction that are always there first, and then you have to discover the substance behind that and see if it can last long-term! But if you don't have passion from the get go, I can promise you it is not going to get hotter as you spend year after year together! Also, Jason kept bringing up her comment about marrying her best friend, and how he was looking for more than that. I knew it wasn't looking good for Jillian when he kept bringing that up.
One thing that bothers me is that when the girls are professing their love to Jason, he can't reply so sometimes he comes across as indifferent. And instead of even attempting to respond, he just kisses them....everytime!
But kudos to Jillian--how hot did she look in a bikini and Uggs!! She has got a body to die for! But their hot tub scene was so uncomfortable! The Spanish music that started to play, and how long they showed them getting it on, and her legs wrapped around him--I felt like I needed to look away!! I thought it was a little much.
Molly's date was great. I thought her twenty questions were fun. I loved it when she asked Jason if his house was on fire, what is one thing he would grab, and I think he said shoes or something? Umm...how about Ty? But I think Molly is pretty mature for her age, and very composed. Maybe too a fault. i like seeing Melissa's raw emotions and giggles and tears more than Molly's well prepared speeches. But when they got in that bath tub...I know they are both tubs, but a bubble bath seems way more intimate than a hot tub. And how about the part they showed at the end when the credits were rolling and Jason and Molly were kissing and there was that weird noise. Man, without the romantic music starting, the kissing in front of the camera is so awkward! Can you imagine being the camera/lighting guys that just stand four feet away from two people getting it on in a bubble bath?! I don't think I could ever relax.
Melissa's date was my favorite. I just really like her. I thought it was hilarious that Jason said Melissa reminds him of DeAnna and his ex. He clearly has a type, no? I think these two feel different when they're together than he and Molly. But here is my complaint with Jason's hang up about not meeting her family. I know that he is the one calling the shots, but how about the fact that these girls haven't yet met his son that they might become a step-mom too!! In-laws are WAY different than a stepson! But you don't see these girls complaining. I just like Melissa because she wears her heart on her sleeve. She was so nervous to tell him she loved him, and then after she did she was starting to talk and Jason just cut her off with a kiss...that was sweet. I'm glad she stuck around, and my money's on her.
The rose ceremony was not that sad to me for some reason. Melissa's dress looked like an 80's prom dress, and Jason's suit looked a touch too small, but that's about all I have to say to that. Jillian seems great, and I was touched by Jason's emotions after she left.
But i just have to say one Debbie Downer comment....I feel like these girls are forced to get so ahead of themselves. If you step back, and remember that they have only known Jason for six weeks, and those six weeks include like 20 other girls, group dates, and weeks where they only saw him for one 24-hour period or less, it seems a little nutty to be already dropping the "L" bomb. But I think the girls think they have to say it to stick around. Like, if the other girl tells him that but I don't, then I might lose some footing in Jason's mind/heart. I mean, they honestly LOVE him? i wish that they didn't have to say it. i wish they could both just say I really like you and have that be enough. And i even wish that a proposal was off the table...but instead could just be a pleasant surprise if the couple gets that far in the real world. I think the speed/intensity of the show catapults their relationship towards failure! I want to believe, i do, but to LOVE someone so soon when in all of your years of dating you have "never felt this way" about someone just doesn't seem realistic! (that's what all the girls say!)
Next week with Deanna...I think she might genuinely regret her decision, but I'm more convinced than ever that her timing is completely orchestrated by ABC. She is ballsy for doing that, whether it's for ratings or her true feelings. I can't wait. As for the girls meeting Ty, what pressure! You would feel like you have to be Jo Jo the Idiot Circus Boy to get him to like you, and to show Jason just how great you are around kids. Like Melissa's knock knock joke....oh give me strength! And the biggest teaser? The closed after the rose ceremony that is so dramatic they shot it with no audience to ooh and aah?! Now that I cannot wait to see!!! But does anyone think he might actually choose Deanna in the end?
Tuesday, February 17
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
I enjoyed your thoughts on the Bachelor but I feel way different after last night. I think both Molly and Melissa are way too immature to be serious about this whole thing. I just don't understand why older men go for the girls that are 8 and 9 years younger than they are and then expect them to be an instant mother to their child... I don't see it happening with either of them...but good luck to either of them...I'm going to be Negative Nancy and just say I don't like this show anymore!
I love reading your comments Adrienne! I loved Jillian but he wasn't feeling it. He is totally picking Melissa. I can't wait to see what happens with the whole thing with the after the rose ceremony! oh the drama!
I just finished watching. I almost called you but jumped on your blog instead. I hate the fantasy suite show. It bugs me knowing that he is sleeping with someone and then wakes up with her just to leave and go on another date. This is the point in the show where it starts getting to me. I agree with the L word. Come on, really? I agree they say it just to stick around. I like Melissa the best but I think Melissa and Molly are not ready for this yet. Maybe if it was just Jason but I don't think they are mature enough to be an insta-mom.
But besides all of that I CAN'T WAIT for the drama next week!!
I could not be more happy with his choices! If you would have asked me BEFORE the fantasy suite show I would have thought "Mel" was going home. But as the show progressed, it was obvious that jill was getting the boot.
I kinda disagree with your readers, thus far. I actually think Melissa, though young, is the type of girl who just wants to be loved and share that love with someone else. She strikes me as someone who will be completely happy jumping into a mother/wife role without regrets of "I didn't sow my wild oats" OR "what about my career acheivments" and blah, blah, blah.
Molly, on the other hand, does not seem like she is ready to settle down. I do think she's darling and I loved her questions, but I don't get that whole "unselfish" vibe from her.
That's just my take.
Can we talk about all of Jason's awkward expressions when he doesn't know what to say? I think they are hilarious.
I love that you blog about the bachelor. This is my first season watching and I'm hooked. I thought it would (should) be Jillian from the get-go. But I knew it wouldn't be her in the end thanks to the spoiler pic of them after the proposal. Jillian would never wear that torquoise taffeta dress. Honestly...I want her wardrobe. She better be the next bachelorette just so I can see more of her style. She's too cute. Melissa is growing on me. Molly is boring. And what's with this private room after interview thingy. Don't they realize that millions will see it via tv. So much for private. Can't wait for next weeks tell all. I'll be sure to check your blog afterwards.
p.s. Ivy Bean is so cute.
Did anyone else notice that at the very end, when he finally went back to Molly & Melissa, and said that "the woman he was going to marry was definitely standing right there" (or something similar) that he was LOOKING AT MELISSA THE ENTIRE TIME, didn't even look at Molly until AFTER he finished that sentence.
Post a Comment