Wednesday, February 18

Ivy Bean's Big Day

Ivy Bean is now three months old! Where has the time gone? She has just discovered her hands in the last couple days and it is so hilarious to watch her move them one inch in front of her face, studying them so intently. And she constantly has her fist in her mouth now. She is also starting to make little cooing noises, and "smile" with her whole body. I am such a pincher--I know she is getting cuter because my TMJ is flaring up from me pinching her with my teeth clenched.

She is so darling...I just wish she would sleep a little better. Her naps are so inconsistent, and she more often than not only sleeps for like 20 min. at a time. It makes me crazy. And she is still waking up every night like clockword around 1 and then again around 445. Why do my kids always have a 1 a.m. feeding that I either have to suffer through or make them cry it out to drop it?! i hate crying it out, yet i get to a point where it seems like the only option!

Ivy Bean does not look like my child!



We also blessed her a couple Sundays ago (I know, I'm such a blogging slacker). It was lovely. We had a lot of family here, and Jim did a great job. Jim is so cute about it...he likes to have a few moments to himself before he blesses our kids to "gather his thoughts." I am truly grateful that he is a worthy Priesthood holder who genuinely loves his kids. He also spoke in sacrament that day as well, so it was his shining moment all meeting long. We had everyone back at our house, which Jim decided is a really "dumb" tradition (he is anti-big gatherings) but I loved it. I loved cooking up a storm, visiting with all of our family, and eating all day long. It was a good day.

One of the best part of the blessings was having my mom and dad in town. My parents are such fun grandparents--my kids adore them. Ez and my dad are in love with each other. In fact, I said to Jim the night before they came, "I'm so excited for my parents to come so I don't have to do a thing to entertain Ez and Kate for the next three days." They are great, and whenever they leave, I always have to fight to hold it together.

My dad and Ivy taking a little rest.

My darling niece Ava....seriously, look at those curls!

Our little family....we are so legit now as a party of five!!


Ivy wore the same blessing dress that Kate wore. She looked so cute. My dad told me that Ivy was smiling the whole time during the blessing. But it was hilarious because Jim stood up to carry her up and as I got her out of her car seat and handed her to him, I said, "Jim she's poopy!" and he said, "Well it's too late now!" So I took her out and changed her right after the blessing and her diaper was about one inch from being a blowout up the front. I would have cried!

Here is a picture of Kate in the dress...I don't think they look anything alike!


I like this picture of us.

Me, my mom and Ivy.



Why we call Ezra "Lennie" from Of Mice and Men. Poor little Ivy Bean.

5 comments:

Sara Decker said...

You are right, she doesn't look like Kate did. What a cutie, I can't believe I haven't seen her very much at all, how sad. Control your urge to pinch....

ali said...

wow. I totally thought she looked like kate. guess not. that first pic of her is ADORABLE!

looks like 3 is no problem for you. keep going. maybe collectively we can catch up to your sister liz. You have the kids and I'll bake the bread (from your recipe...wink)!

Christy said...

Cute pictures! The first picture of Ivy in the pink sweater looks a little like Kate to me. Although they look nothing alike in their blessing pictures.

Christy said...

Actually, the picture of Kate as a baby barely looks like Kate!

Wendy said...

Precious! Ez is in love with his baby sister!