Tuesday, January 27

I want a blue polka dot robe too. :)

I thought last night's show was actually a little dull. It probably has something to do with not enough drama and a two-hour episode, but I wasn't all hyped up about anything really.
With that being said, there were some "nuggets" of quality things to discuss.

First of all, that whole "write me a song" bit was just a game...Molly could have barked a song and I think he still would have chosen her. And poor Nikki....bawling her eyes out over having to do it. Get a grip. And to the girls who took it seriously and performed some sincere number...note to you, it's incredibly awkward for your audience and probably not what Jason intended.

Anyway, Molly seemed like a fun date. Jason looked hot with his hat on backwards, and when HE INITIATES it, he seems like a really good kisser. I definitely could have done without the camera filming the zipped-up tent, while Molly sighs and lips smack. No thanks. I thought their date and their affection was comfortable...but how hilarious that Shannon the stalker tried to wait up. And I would have wanted to punch Molly when she came home the next morning and was just going on about how tired she was, and what little sleep she got. Yeah, we got it, your wearing his shorts and you look like a hot mess....enough already.

The group date was actually pretty lame. I would have been so bummed. Even if I had been Naomi, filming our kiss over and over again, I wouldn't have liked it. All those people watching, and him doing it with everyone....i wouldn't have been too into it. And apparently neither were all the girls!! Remember in junior high, or maybe even elementary for you skanks out there, it was sort of the cool thing to do to watch people kiss? Well that's how this date felt. Like when the actual soap stars had Jason and Shannon "demonstrate" a kiss for everyone, instructing them to do it with "open mouths" but "no tongue." It felt a little juvenile to me. Megan's kiss, or attack I should say, was another awkward kiss for the books. Yikes! And i laughed out loud how she was describing the kiss as so amazing, and how she felt all "caught up" with the other girls now. Um, hardly. Jason really had no choice but to kiss you and that kiss was painful....literally!
I wasn't into all the girls pouting at the "wrap party" (which also looked a little lame) but I get why they were bummed. I love Melissa. I think she is so cute and so hilarious...when she was talking about how she hopes Jason can reciprocate her feelings she said, "I don't want to be in love with myself." I thought that was so cute...how has she always been so unlucky in love?? i think she's a gem.
Shannon is just so unattractive. Her mouth is inexplicably weird. And their conversation....oh give me strength! The pleading, weeping, begging, groveling, etc. was so hard to watch! And then when she kissed him open mouth and his lips were shut tight....yikes. That was sad. And then i can barely even type about her wiping/picking her nose with that napkin! What the hell?? I was so appalled by that. She is going to watch that episode back and be mortified!! It's one thing to wipe your nose, but geesh, she was really cleaning that sucker out!! I just literally kept cringing over that whole exchange between them.
Megan's alone time. Remember when she just kept staring at him and he was like "what?" and she was like "nothing." and he acted all baffled as to what she wanted. It was so painfully obvious that she was waiting for a kiss, and it was also so painfully obvious that he didn't want to. She's all waiting for a kiss and Jason said to her, "You're such a great person." lol! How awkward was that??
And Lauren? Seriously, give me the rose or I'm going to be pissed? Since when did that approach work? It's one thing to heckle someone a little, but I'm sure Jason thought her attitude got old fast. She had to go.

Then the 2 on 1 date. You knew Nikki was going home this episode because she got so much air time, crying and discussing her feelings and what not. She was in rare form last night, though for sure. But seriously....HER SIDEBURNS!! This post is not meant to just bash the girls, but those 'burns are unreal! I would never wear my hair up if I were her. They were so distracting.
I like Stephanie but there is something so over the top about her. She romanticizes everything she says and does. Like she was talking about dancing with Jason, and she was saying something about how great it felt to have him hold her in his arms, and be so close to him....maybe I was watching a different dance but their waltz didn't look particularly romantic to me! Jason looked mechanical, and their bodies were like two feet apart!
But that whole date was hard to watch. I loved when Nikki said to the camera something like "It's my turn. Stephanie already had a husband and a baby. It's my turn." You promise? I couldn't believe she said that. But the worst part about the 2 on 1 date is that the person not talking to Jason just sits there alone. It is so crappy. But Stephanie just always seems so serious and dreamy. i think she even said at one point that she can totally imagine she and Jason living forever together. That's what I mean. It's just so over the top.
And watching him say goodbye to Nikki made me realize that I don't think he is very eloquent. It could be because he has to censor everything he says, but sometimes he makes some pretty lame remarks. Like to Naomi about them being in each other's lives forever, or when he said goodbye to Nikki he just gave her a "you're great." I don't know....maybe he's better in real life.

And now onto the the rose ceremony. I just love Melissa. When she told him she likes the "little things" about him, like his eye freckle, I just thought it was so cute. She just plays it right. And they were getting it on laying back on that couch!
And Lauren just giving him crap and telling him "you want to kiss me." that was so awkward...he went to give her tender and she gave him passion. It was terrible. There is nothing worse than a kiss that isn't speaking the same language!

And finally, I was so glad he didn't give out the final rose. It validated to me that the show can be modified to real emotion, and not just the set parameters of each episode. Lauren, Shannon, and Megan all needed to go. Stephanie will be next...but then I don't know who he will choose out of the final four girls! i like them all....but seriously, when is Deanna coming back???

8 comments:

andrea said...

As I watch Stephanie and Jason dance I wanted to vomit. They were more awkward to me then Jason and Nikki. I don't think Stephanie is real at all. She is living in a fantasy world if she thinks she and Jason have a future.

I have a feeling that Deanna either shows up in Seattle or New Zealand. I can't wait!

I think Stephanie and Naomi are next to go. I would like to put Molly and Melissa to the end.

Heather said...

What about when Shannon signs off by saying that she can't wait to use her electric toothbrush and french kiss her cat/dog(?). YUCK, she has some serious mental health issues. Indeed I really noticed Nikki's sideburns they were all that I could concentrate on. As for Stephanie she does have a killer body but I am sure that she paid top dollar for it. My favs are Jillian, Molly, and Melissa. Bring on Deanna.

sheena said...

Hi! I'm a friend of Ali's (she directed me here:) and I just came out of my bachelor watching closet....this is SPOT ON!! Her burns....and that horrible high speed kiss from Lauren....ack!

thanks for a fun read!

ali said...

you have a blue polka dot blog...if that's any consolation?!?!

I love the 5 girls that are remaining. I think the last 3 standing will be Molly, Jillian, and Melissa. Too soon to tell. I really want Stephanie to be "cooler" but it's not going to happen.

My only comment is that I would be P.O.ed if I had to go on that GAY waltzing date. That would be my worst nightmare. Not to mention....BO-RING!

PS...hope you don't mind that I directed all of Sheena's blog traffic to your blog?!?!?

The McCulloughs said...

I know, when is Deanna coming back! Those sideburns on Nikki do have to go, but she is super pretty minus them! I like remaining girls too, except something about Stephanie drives me crazy and I am sure she will go next. I feel bad for her, though, because she is so nice, I just don't think there is mega chemistry there. I can hardly wait for next week!

Elizabeth said...

Amen to all of that! seriously I agree with everything!

Lori said...

I was glad to see your take on this, I was wanting to read your blog to see if we were on the same page...yes, we are! I think the 2 worse parts was the Shannon/Jason kiss (or lack of) and the ackwardness w/Megan wanting a kiss and definatly not getting it.

Kim Messick said...

You are my Bachelor blogging hero! I love reading your stuff! I still think the booger scene stole the whole show Monday night! I hope she watches that back at home to see how awful that looked on T.V. ! Can't wait for next week!