I love Ivy Bean. I'm crazy about her. She is the baby that I always wanted. :) People keep telling me that I'm probably enjoying her more because I'm more relaxed now as a mother, and to a degree, I'm sure that's true. But how could you not enjoy a sweet, cuddly, baby that nuzzles into your neck to fall asleep?
Beans is just so darling. She now weighs 12 lbs.--she gained two pounds in one month! I look at her and I want to take in every moment, breathe it all in. I know I enjoy her when I want to take her out of the swing that she is sitting in happily, just to hold her and reward her for being such a good little baby. I don't want this blog post to paint my life as roses...she still gets up twice a night, she poops through at least one outfit a day, and she can be high maintenance in the evenings. But I forgive all that because she has squishy, puffy cheeks that just beg to be squeezed, which I do all day long. :)
While Ivy Bean makes me melt, these two make me crazy!!!
Seriously, someone should have told me that the worst part about parenting is all the fighting!!! I can't handle it! It seems like a cure for boredom around here is torturing your siblings in some way. I find an activity for them to do, they play together happily for oh, like ten minutes or so, then they start getting bored so what do they do? Kick down the other ones block tower, or smash the other one's play-doh creation. Or just start hitting or kicking each other, that's always a way to entertain yourself, if you're Ezra.
And are all little boys monsters?
Don't let this smiling face fool you. Ezra makes Jim and I want to pull our hair out. His idea of fun is dumping anything out he can find, then chucking every object he just dumped out around the room. He doesn't have the mental capacity or attention that Kate did at his age, so it's so hard for me to find something for him to do. And now Kate is starting kindergarten, all day, five days a week and I can't even imagine how I'm going to keep Ezra busy all day long. But with that being said, he cracks me up in the same breath. He is talking up a storm, and he says some of the funniest things.He asks me to go to Chuck E. Cheese at least three times a day...and he says, "can we go chuck e cheese mom, please, please, please?" And then half the time he answers his own question and repeats what I always say, "Maybe tomorrow." It is hilarious, but I can't support his habit. He has discovered the joy of dropping in the tokens and he always wants "more money."
But life with three has been pretty good so far. I've yet to cry so that has to be a good sign, right? I just feel like my life is Groundhog's Day. The only things I get done every day are the things that just keep happening over and over--laundry, dishes, picking up toys, wiping bums, dressing and feeding children. I can never seem to get to anything beyond the daily reoccuring tasks. Like working out, house projects, organizing, etc. In the restaurant business, when you have too much going on and are behind, it's called "in the weeds." That is how life has been with three kids--I'm always in the weeds! I was thinking about how we are supposed to read our scriptures every day, right? Then the Ensign comes, then my People magazine comes, then "they" say we should read to our kids 20 minutes a day to "foster a love of learning", so that's 40 minutes a day of reading to Kate and Ez....gee whiz, just my reading responsibilities alone are overwhelming!! And all of that is purely optional...it's not on my list of things that have to be done. But oh well...maybe one day i will get something done.
Either that or I'll have another baby and just make it that much harder. :)



7 comments:
ahhh... life as a mom is so glamorous. Maybe if you layed off the Big Mac's life would be easier... LOL j/k.
i say just have another baby. your life goes from bliss to crazy in just one post! what is better then that?
Happy Groundhog's Day!
Hey...I just found your blog through Emily Wight. How do you guys know each other?
This is Emily Silvester, by the way. :)
multitasking! they say read to your kids for 20 minutes, but did they say there is something wrong with reading People to your kids?
Ezra looks like a rockstar with his mohawk! I love Ivy's.
Saw you tonight... You are one HOT mama! I snuck away before it was over to put the kiddies to bed. We couldn't get a sitter so Tom had to stay back; Therefore, there was no tailgate party. Next weekend maybe?? Friday night???
Post a Comment