Tuesday, January 20

Gotta love the drama...

Last night's episode was much needed after having my wallet and check book stolen yesterday out of my purse, as well as a bag full of probably $300 in gift cards. I was at a very crowded park in the middle of the day, but I must have left my car unlocked, which I NEVER do. But once again, I was distracted unloading my kids plus my niece and nephew....perhaps I just got distracted and didn't lock it. Ugh! I hate this kind of stuff! And poor Jim....between me throwing out all that stuff and now this....what a joke! I guess my Coach wallet will probably never be replaced. What a bummer.

But don't worry, Jason cheered me up. Here is my take on how it all went down. I had mixed emotions about his first date with Stephanie. First of all, her scarf was wacky and her seatbelt bottle cap belt from the 90's was killing me, but she has a body to DIE for! And I think she is very sweet and very genuine. However, I couldn't help but wonder if Jason really wanted to spend one on one time with her, or just do something really touching and great for ratings. I mean, the whole date was a little mushy, don't you think? All the swinging, and running around to each ride...it was a little much. And Sophia's scotty dog outfit (her 3rd one, mind you!) was killing me. I just wondered if Jason and Stephanie really have a connection outside of the kid thing. But that being said, I think Stephanie is such a nice person. We shall see....

As for his group date....what a spicy activity! I loved that all the girls kept thanking Jason for arranging this, and giving him all the credit. Umm, what are the odds that Jason himself told producers, "Let's find a date around breast cancer and do something to give back." I doubt that. But it was a neat idea, and rather sexy at the same time. Melissa saying early on that she was having a good "boob day" was hilarious, and it made much more sense once she dropped the "reduction" bomb. You could tell Jason was at a loss for words after that announcement. But I like Melissa, i think she is so sweet.
I also thought it was classic that the girls were all dressed and painting their "busts" and Jason still had no shirt on. Think he knows he has a nice body? And Megan....ahhh Megan. When she started talking about her "depth" i was dying. i believe she made some comment about how if all women are going to get breast cancer, adn then can't breastfeed, "our future is screwed." Seriously? That is deep Megan...truly profound. And then later on when she and Jason were talking and she made some remark about how she lives her life to serve others, and how she has been dying without someone to tell her thank you, or I appreciate you, or how they praise God that she is in their life....seriously? How backwards is that thought process, when you miss serving others because you are going without someone's praise and recognition? shouldn't it be the other way around, like serving without having to even be thanked necessarily? I wanted to jump through the tv and laugh in her face. I don't like her. Like I said last week, I think she has a mean streak, and a potty mouth, and it is so unattractive.
Jason loves Jillian, and I still think she is going to be in at least the top 4.

Now for Natalie's date....oh Natalie. Natalie, the fake tan, stringy long blonde Barbie look. I didn't really like her. I just wanted her to stop touching her freaking hair!!! Gee whiz, she was messing with it all night! And it was just so bleached out and stringy, it was making me crazy. And how about when Jason wanted to know something new about her, and she said, "I love bears." Once again, i think Jason didn't know how to respond to that. and am I the only one who didn't know who that singer, Kate Voegle was? But man, there is nothing more awkward than when you can tell someone wants to kiss you but you're just not feeling it, and to watch that happen with Jason and Natalie was awful! I'm glad he gave her the boot, but she was TICK-ED! Could there have been a more painful scene to watch than her getting the diamonds taken off? yikes! Poor Jason, i bet he was glad to see that night end!!

Okay, on to the rose ceremony. Every season there is always at least one super awkward kissing moment, and the award this season goes to Nikki. She sort of offered up her cheek, but then he moved her face...it was all too much. I had to pause it, gasp a little, rewind it to watch again like a trainwreck that you can't help but look at. It was bad. And her boobs....man, her boobs. I think she must have gotten them done one week before the show because those things do not look broken in at all! And the camera man just can't help but pass over them whenever it shows her! But as long as she has sideburns, great cleavage can't redeem her.

I thought the whole catty confrontation part at the end was so gay, and totally for ratings. Why would they do that? It was lame. And ps. Shannon was drunk, not upset! I think she got so upset like that cuz girls always get all weepy and emotional when they are drunk (so I've heard. :) But I am convinced that Jason knew the girls he liked, and the producers than orchestrated who he should choose of the riff raff, which is why he kept Megan. She is great for ratings because the house/show always needs a bi-otch to stir the pot. Or maybe he kept her because of her depth. :)

Here are my faves so far...Melissa, Naomi, Molly, and Jillian. And sorry I didn't attach all their pictures but if you're a true fan, you should know who they are just by name! :)
Until next week....

10 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Well hot damn! Once again, you nailed it. Kate Voegele is from One Tree Hill, that's the only reason I knew who she was (ya I watch really classy mature TV).
How do you feel about Lauren?
Next week will be off the hook, until then...
-Becca

ali said...

last night was a doozy. very risky, indeed. My bachelor commentator (aka troy) and I were dying on many parts of last night's showing. yes, we re-wound the awkward kiss with sideburn girl. and died laughing when megan was making her oh-so-wise and deep comments about breast feeding! and fell in love with jillian and melissa even more. and please can we talk about awkward kiss #2 when Stephanie pulled out her choreographed kissing routine? What was that? Though, I can hardly mock the lady (notice I say lady and not girl?) because it was honest and sincere and true to who she is even though it was pretty dorky.

and the best part about last night's show was that visions of you jotting down notes kept popping into my head. oh the joy of your weekly write-ups! thank you!

*megan said...

oh, ya! i love, love, love your commentary. i have nothing else to add. i'm right there with ya.

Jenn said...

You are sooooo hilarious with you bachelor blogs!! I haven't been watching but I don't have to you are so in depth!

Kim Messick said...

I love, love, love reading your commentary every week! You are dead on every time! Please don't stop... I was just a little upset about the conversation between Jillian and Jason on the bed talking about marriage certificates, rings and commitments! What? Why are you doing this show again?!
Gotta love the drama though...

Christy said...

How is it that you always say everything I am thinking. Stephanie is nice and genuine, but I don't know if Jason is that into her. She needs a makeover but she is the nicest girl.

And Natalie was KILLING me with how much she touched her hair! Plus everytime they were talking it was about how great the date was or about the diamonds. Move on and talk about something else!

Megan is an idiot.

Jason is obsessed with boobs. He is always stealing glances and it is so funny!

I can't wait for next week! When does Deanna come back??

The McCulloughs said...

I love your weekly recaps!! Yesterday I was watching the show and new you had probably already written this, and I was anticipating finishing the show so I could go the the computer and read this!! I know, I am pretty pathetic!! I agree with you always, Jason, put your freakin shirt on already (although it is not a bad sight!!) and I am so glad Natalie is gone or I would go insane watching her play with her hair! Can't wait for next week and I am getting nervous that I will be 40 and still watching the Bachelor!!

Wendy said...

I got one word for your stringy hair cries, BA-TIN-A! Nothing is worse than that.

Brad said...

My faves are definetly Gillian and Melissa. I love how confident Gillian is. Melissa is just cute and fun. They both seem like nice girls. Nikki----those sideburns are so disgusting!! and I had to rewind the kiss too...I was laughing so hard. HE wont keep her much longer..control freak! Megan is so white trash..and so glad that Erica is gone. Oh my gosh...Nikki's boobs were so in your face..I couldn't stop staring at them.
Stephanie...is only 34..but looks and acts like she's 45 with a facelift. She must be botoxing like crazy. Her face is so tight and stretched. She is way too serious for him. I will be surprised if either Gillian or melissa are not in the finals.

THis is Julie by the way....not Brad.

SUMMER said...

Shannon is so annoying and drives me crazy. Good call on the being drunk part. LOL!