I saw that the drawer underneath Ivy's crib was off its hinge, and I told Jim that it might be broken because the kids had stepped on it to peer over the crib to see Ivy. Ezra doesn't know to do that so i told Jim that Kate broke the drawer. Kate sat there quietly, then she asked, "Is Ezra bigger than me?" I thought she had just changed topics. I said, "Yeah, actually, I think he does weigh more than you." Then she replied, "Well, then he probably broke the crib since he's heavier than me." Classic....but good thinking Kate. :)
The other night Jim was just not getting the bedtime routine done. The kids were yelling and fighting and he had been in there for so long, i didn't know what was going on. So I stomp into the room, and tell Jim, "You're fired! Get out of here, I'll put them to bed!....You two, lay down now! It's time for bed!" (I started cracking the whip :). A few minutes later Jim and I were downstairs and we heard Kate crying, and when Jim went up to see what her deal was, she said, "I don't want mom to FIRE me!"
The other day I noticed that someone had written, in PEN, on our white coat closet door. "Someone" had written "K-A-T". i called Kate over, and made her look at it and she said, "It wasn't me!" and I said, "What do you mean, it wasn't you, you wrote your own name!" Then she sort of cocked her hip, held her hand out towards the writing and said, "Nu-uh....there's no E!" (like Duh, mom) It was hilarious.



1 comment:
Whatever you do, don't let Mom read this post -- she'll give you such a guilt trip about "firing" your daughter. I can hear it now, "Adrienne!!! You have GOT to be careful what you say to her!"
I love how little minds work. Of course it was Ezra who wrote on the door -- he hasn't learned the letter E yet.
Post a Comment