Sunday, January 4

Out with the old....in with the new...year.

So how is it that I am just now finding time to blog about Christmas...a few days into the New Year?
Our entire month was busy and fun. My kids are getting bigger by the day and for some reason, it is so noticeable when you watch them experience memorable events like the holidays.
Our kids made Christmas so much fun this year. Jim had the brilliant idea of Santa "taking away" Ezra's binky and leaving him some "big boy" presents in return. Hearing Ezra say "Santa took away my binky" in his scratchy voice was so darling. Other than a few rough nights with that, and a few bouts of the stomach flu for all of us, we had a great month.

Ezra, being left to his own devices while I tend to Ivy, has been getting into such mischief!!
Case in point....markers anyone?


As a result of no binky, Ezra usually ended up napping all over, too exhausted to fight it.




We had a ward pj breakfast with Mr. and Mrs. Claus. Ivy Bean looks mighty suspicious of the bearded man holding her.
Although she's been awake a lot more, this is how Beans spent most of December.


Some days we got around to clothes and hairdos....and some days we didn't.


Christmas Eve was fun as well. Jessica hosted a nice dinner, where we decorated sugar cookies for Santa and did a nativity. Jim was holding Ivy, and I was the stage manager for the nativity, so I didn't get any pictures of that but it was cute.



I think the kids had a great Christmas morning. We woke up around 7 and went downstairs. But Ezra didn't care about anything but breakfast, and wouldn't even glance at his presents without having a piece of toast first. But then he was ready to go.
Jim sure does look sleepy!

This Wii game has been Kate's favorite thing....she plays it for hours!

Ivy Bean couldn't get enough of the Christmas excitement!





Jim got to go to the Laker game on Christmas day with his brothers. I'm pretty sure there was no better gift that I could have given him, but it was a little blue being alone all Christmas Day. We even ate Panda Express that day, like Ralph and his family on the Christmas Story after the dogs ate their turkey. It was pretty pathetic.

After Christmas we went to Mike and Tiffany's cabin in Big Bear. There was a lot of snow, which would have been great if we had had proper snow stuff for our kids! The kids looked just like the kids on the Christmas story (again!) all bundled up. Jim tried to "man up" Ezra's girly snow suit with his camo vest but Ezra was not loving it.







It was a great month. Ivy Bean is now six weeks old, I'm now 29(!!!), and 2009 is now here. Bring it on. :)

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

Glad you had a good month, hopefully 2009 will bring many more to come. That little Ivy Bean is toooooo cute!

The McCulloughs said...

I love the picks of Ezra sleeping in random spots.. to funny! Looks like you guys had a great Christmas and Happy Birthday to you by the way! Your little Ivy Bean is too cute! And I love the new fam pic and blog makeover!

ali said...

How traumatic. Santa will always be known as the big bad binky stealer! Truth is, I'm jealous that it worked. Maybe I could recreate ANOTHER christmas morning and try the same idea. We have major binky addiction over here.

Happy birthday. I hope you got my pathetic message!

Wendy said...

Mother of a post. Just the way I like it. Happy Birthday BTW! I hope you got my FB birthday wish. Sorry, I know. Can we celebrate soon?

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I love the post, do you know what I'd love more? A bachelor post.....hello the widow who looks 100 years old. Someone has got to get on this pronto.
-Becca

Tarah said...

Hey- don't feel too bad. I don't have the newborn babe excuse. I've taken off a few weeks and now I can't download pictures. I LOVE your family photo. Good luck with 3 kids and Happy Late New year

Heidi said...

Yeah, more Bachelor from A. That's what the world needs now.

But we all understand if your life is too hectic with three kids.

SUMMER said...

We need your Bachelor blogs this season....

Melissa said...

Fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra! Two Christmas Story experiences in one holiday season? You are doing something right.

Your growing family is so cute. Oh, and, uh, didn't you just have a baby? What up with the skinniness?

Hope you had a great bday. Did you get my email and msg? Stalker!