But things are going well. Ezra always says to me, "Ivy Bean crying! Ivy Bean crying!". He always uses her middle name as well, and if for no other reason, I am so glad we named her Bean just to hear Ezra say it over and over--it is so darling.
We have had a fun month with our little Beans, and we can't believe that she is already one month old (well, she will be on Friday). In some ways I feel like every day is my first day with her; I keep thinking, "what have we done for the past month?" But it is sad to think how quickly the first month has already gone by. She is already starting to lose her newborn look. Her skin isn't wrinkly and flaky anymore, her belly button is long gone. It is one of those things that you can't really think about for too long or it makes you incredibly sad.
My mom and dad came and my kids were in heaven. Ezra decided to skip the grandpa part, and just called my dad Mike the whole time he was here. He never left my dad's side, and both of the kids were so enamored with my mom.
This picture was so classic. Ez lifted up his shirt and said, "drink baby, drink!" My kids' reactions to me nursing has been...interesting, to say the least.
Who does she look like? I don't think either one of us, to be honest.
Ezra, in a rare moment of gentleness.
In all the newborn madness, I have still tried to do some fun Christmas things. So I had Kate and her cousins decorate gingerbread houses while I made sugar cookies for Kate's preschool performance.
Kate also had her preschool program, and she sang two solos this year--Silent Night and Away in a Manger. She did a great job...she doesn't even know to be nervous or shy about it.
And finally, with Jim's mom's help, we made a trip to the mall to sit on Santa's lap. Kate asked him for a baby doll, and Ezra asked him for the candy cane that he gives you after you sit on his lap. :)
And now my help is gone, and we are officially on our own. But if we do nothing else this entire month, I will feel like my kids got to experience some fun holiday festivities. It was so great to have both grandma's come and help me, and spend time with my kids. There were several occasions that they were so helpful and I would think, okay, so how would I have done this if I were alone with 3 kids? But Ivy Bean is a month old now...I guess it's time to sink or swim!



10 comments:
Ivy is such a cutie! I think she looks so much like Ezra! i' glad you guys are doing good!
Adrienne she is so beautiful, I am glad you guys are doing good. Let's plan to get together now that you are gonna need some activities to keep the other 2 beans busy!!
She's darling! And you look great, by the way. Congrats, if I didn't say it before. I'm glad things are going well for you.
What a great family picture with Santa. Ez is so brave! And I love your Christmas picture. Ali did a great job! I have to ask, is Kate wearing lipstick?
Yep, Ivy still looks like Ezra. Your family is so adorable. Three kids is crazy. I need to get my hands on that baby again!
she is a doll! and seriously..how could anyone resist calling that girl by both her first and middle names? so cute!
I am glad hear you are enjoying little miss Ivy Bean! The pic of Ezra lifting his shirt is priceless! You have such a cute little family, I can't believe how big Ezra has gotten! Hope you guys have a Merry Christmas!
This is a super busy update. Man you have been doing so much. The highlight to be was the nursing. Good thing she didnt try to latch on!!!
You have been up to lots! Ivy Bean is sooo cute. Is it possible that it makes me want another one of my own? No I am not pregant! I have to say her name is endearing, more so than I would have though upon first hearing it. I love to hear and say it too! HOpe all went well during Christmas. Have a good new years and maybe we'll actually see each other again in the next few months!?!
I LOVED reading your update, Adrienne. It gave me hope that having 3 isn't going to be as bad as I think it's going to be! I'm patting my belly right now saying, Please be like Ivy Bean. You are such a great writer. It's always so fun to read your blog. You look beautiful!! Hope to see you soon.
Post a Comment