First off, we did the annual carving of the pumpkins. Jessica is a good sport, and she carves while Tiffany and I make the dads do it. But Jim, is of course, in rare form. And Kate, while excited, never actually touched any part of the pumpkin. She was so turned off by the smell and the sight of pulling out all the insides that she just sat and watched for the rest of the time. But i can't say i blame her...it is pretty gross.
Here's Kate, thinking this is going to be so fun.
Then she actually realizes what carving pumpkins entails, and she is pretty over it.
Here is a classic Jim photo.
The final product...it took Jim twice as long as everyone else to complete, but he did a good job. Too bad our pumpkin filled with mold almost immediately and never even made it to our doorstep. So sorry Jim!
Then Kate had her preschool party. It is so much fun to see an entire room full of kids dressed up in adorable costumes. Her whole school had a parade where they walked around the entire building for all the parents. Then their class had a party. Kate loved it all.
This is Kate with her teacher Miss Helen....she made a perfect Pocahontas!
Seriously, Kate? She is out of control!
This little boy's name is Andrew and I had to take a picture of his spider costume. His dad made the entire thing! I thought it was pretty incredible.
On Halloween night, we went over to Mike and Tiffany's to trick-or-treat. I have decided that watching a two-year old trick-or-treat could quite possibly be the cutest thing I have ever seen. Honestly, Ezra was so hilarious the whole night. I went down one street with him (before my back felt like it was going to break) and it was so much fun to watch him. It is amazing how quickly little kids pick up on the whole process. Ezra would say "trick-or-treat" to everyone, and if the person gave candy to Fletcher and Kate first, he would say, "I want some!" And as he left every doorstep, he would hand his giant bag to Jim or I to hold and yell to Kate and Fletcher, "Wait guys!" and just take off running. People at the doors were eating him up in his little bat costume. Jim told me that one lady said "Goodnight!" to the kids, and after that, Ezra yelled goodnight to everyone. But my kids were both darling. They lasted a long time trick-or-treating too...probably a good hour and a half! I loved their matching costumes, and I am praying that I am in charge of that choice for as long as possible!



4 comments:
So cute! Ok, Ben and I are cracking up at Jimmy with his sanitary rubber gloves to clean out the pumpkin! That was so classic! Miss you guys :)
Wait until I show my mom Jim's picture. I am laughing so hard I have a few tears in my eyes! You better tell him to take one for the team and to not corrupt Kate!
Jim is killing me. That's going down in the history books. Ez is the cutest bat ever! Kate's lips are just too hot to handle. Go Adrienne! Only 31 days left.
who in Sam Hill wears double protective latex gloves while carving pumpkins?
I have to say, though....he must have pretty nimble fingers to create such a masterpiece despite the hindrance of those ridiculous gloves.
Post a Comment