Yesterday I had my first "check" at the doctor. You know, the first of many "waist down" exams. My doctor does the Group B Strep test during this appt., so he also checked me. I am dialated to a 1 1/2, and 40% effaced. I thought that was good progress for still having a month left.
So then I asked him to set up my induction date for my due date, Thursday Dec. 4th. He looked at the calendar and said, "Oh crap. I'm out of town that weekend for my son's hockey tournament in Vegas." He paused, then said, "So let's just change your due date in the computer. They had it down as Nov. 30th, so we'll just use that day." Say what? Mr.-I-won't-induce-before-your-due-date-cuz-it's-a-hospital-policy is now bending the rules a little to make it happen?? How weird that when it is for his schedule, he will accomodate me, but for my own planning, discomfort, misery, etc., he just pats my leg and tells me to go jump. Don't get me wrong--I was cheering on the inside, but I still thought it was lame. So anyway, I am now being induced three days early on Monday, Dec. 1 at 7 a.m. That is less than 4 weeks away! I am nervous, excited, relieved, anxious, and most of all, just totally unprepared! But there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and for that, I am happy.
Wednesday, November 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
My b-day is Dec. 2, but for your sake I hope your labor doesn't last that long! Can't wait to see the little one though...and you can name her after me if you want :) ha ha!
Good progress! Good luck to you and btw, I think you look great for 36 weeks!! Truly I am sure you don't feel like you do, but you look awesome and not at all like you are going to pop! (Thanks, Montessori!) Take care
Hey there! I am never suprised what men will rearrange when it comes to hockey....I was induced with Jack 3 weeks early to accomodate hockey playoffs!
Post a Comment