Tuesday, October 28

Pumpkin patch outings

It's the annual pumpkin patch blog. All blogs across the world probably have a very similar post...but it's a fall tradition! I actually like doing repeat activities like this because you can compare your family photos from one year to the next. For instance, I remember a family photo taken two years ago when Ez was just a tiny babe, strapped in my Bjorn. The pumpkin patch is overpriced, but the kids love it and it makes you feel festive. With this heat, I was just glad the night we went we could actually wear long sleeves!

Here's Kate, starting off strong.



It's always so fun for my kids to be near their cousins for these kind of outings. The kids entertain each other, and we adults have fun just hanging out.






So after the family outing to the pumpkin patch, Kate's preschool class then went to the pumpkin patch at Tanaka Farms. Unfortunately, we didn't get the same cool weather like we did on Monday night. It was so hot...and Kate was just whining and complaining. In fact, we skipped the vegetable picking altogether because I was ready to die at that point. I went into self-preservation mode and had to get to my air conditioned car asap! So I told Kate to pick a pumpkin and wouldn't you know, she walks up to the patch and picks the very first one she sees, right on the edge of the patch. I was so relieved! I have a dream of one day going to Tanaka Farms for a fall trip, where it actually feels like fall!

Here is Kate's class waiting for our tour to begin.

These two girls are some of Kate's close friends--Neeka and Gabrielle.

I was even tempted to skip the corn maze but Kate thought it was fun.

Kate was pretty timid around the farm animals, and I was just trying to stand the horrible smell! Farm animals and the heat do not mix!

The rule at the farm is that the child has to be able to carry out their own pumpkin. Looks like Kate pushed that rule to her very limit!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Your hair looks amazing! I love the color and the curls.