Tuesday, June 24

oh graham....

Okay, so I thought that last night's episode of the Bachelorette was arguably the BEST episode of any Bachelor show yet, any season, any bachelor. Hands down. I didn't want the show to end, and I couldn't delete it from my DVR because I have to watch it at least one more time. i actually went to bed and couldn't stop thinking about the show! Let me just touch on the highlights for me....

First of all, I cried at least 4 different times in the show. I cried over Jeremy's journals about his mom (although I thought that was a bit heavy to share), I cried over Jason seeing Ty and then having to leave again (oh man, that goodbye had me weeping!), and then of course, over the heartbreak at the end with Deanna and Graham.

I enjoyed watching all of the hometown dates, for once. No one had retarded families, all of the dates felt so natural and comfortable. Jesse finally kissing Deanna was hot! He looked like a really good kisser, and I dug it that he waited so long. Jeremy seems a little boring and perhaps a little aware of his "perfectness" but there is just something so sexy about that guy. Jason actually came to life for me, and didn't appear as cheesy (although the entire family playing leap frog? Seriously??). And then Graham...be still my heart. Deanna and Graham couldn't keep their hands off each other on their date! It was like watching two love birds, crazy flirting. And I loved his mom!

But that goodbye...let's discuss. First of all, Graham looked RIDICULOUSLY hot at the rose ceremony with the hair cut, clean shaven face, and the sweatervest/jeans/blazer look. And then the tears and emotion from both of them? I did not expect Graham to be so emotional about it all. I felt so bad for Deanna but I was so impressed with her decision to go with the guys who were real, who were serious, who were going to be long term. Graham was the hot, fun guy but that last moment with them sitting on the bench at his house--you could tell he had something to say but he just couldn't, or wouldn't, say it. And then Graham was sort of a jerk about it, kind of like "this is what I am, so if you don't like it, go jump."

But still, to get rid of the guy that you feel so much passion and attraction to must have been so hard for her! And then he cries and writes you some love note, in the 11th hour? That whole scene seemed out of a romance novel. But I don't care how hot Graham is, the fact that the guy can't date anyone for longer than a month, and is incapable of opening up at age 29 spells out ISSUES for me. I loved Deanna's comment about how she just can't take the chance of standing in the end with someone who didn't love her back. The whole scene was heartbreaking.

And finally, Sara and I found Graham's website today. www.grahambunn.com Looks like the guy does some modeling and what not. I don't know why, but discovering his website made me feel a little less sorry for him. He obviously is in an industry where all the exposure of this show couldn't hurt, and his website is now filled with adoring female fans. But regardless, watching him get choked up was still so dang hot, whether it was genuine or not! :)
One fan on Graham's website made a comment about how it seemed like Graham chose to leave the show, and that is why he gave Deanna a note, to explain his reasoning behind that all. Sara thinks that is what happened--he just decided he was over the whole process, and having to compete with the other guys, so he decided to walk away. But I don't think that's true. I don't think he would have had such strong emotions, to cry on tv, if he was the one walking away. And he sort of seemed to be arguing with her about how she was mistaken in her perceptions of him to make the "break up" seem less painful. I don't know if he would have said all that if he was the one walking away. But Sara thinks that he did that because he did have genuine feelings for her, so even if he was the one leaving he still really liked her and felt bad. Any thoughts on that?
Anyway, i was just bursting to talk about this this morning. I can't wait to see next week's show, and I have no idea who I want her to choose. I'm floored that Jesse has made it as far as he has...he is such a cool guy. Can't wait for next Monday!!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

TEAM Jesse! That's all I have to say about that.

Tracy said...

I couldn't agree more with you about all of that!

Sara Decker said...

Well I re-watched it today (I'm pathetic i know) and i sort of dont think he walked out now. Well, i definately think Graham has issues and he may have not wanted to hurt his ego, so he may have sabotaged it for himself, but during the end when she was saying bye he was sort of giving her attitude....so i may not agree with my theory anymore. Either way, his website that I found out about today has made me feel less sorry for him. The female fans are throwing themselves at him, so i wouldn't want him to break DeAnna's heart anyway, later Graham. I really want Jason to win!

ali said...

I like how sara says she hopes Jason "wins". For me, The Bachelor is much, much, MUCH more than some gameshow. It is REAL life. True love is on the line here, sara! (but just so you know...i kinda want Jason to win too)


As for you ms. adrienne. How did you get inside my head and write everything down verbatim? this is why I love you so much!

so i love jesse for all the reasons you mentioned. however, I can't bring myself to choose him. I don't know if it's that I don't find him attractive or if I can't picture him settling down (even though he's really surprising me). I just don't know.

Jeremy is too perfect and knows it. Um hi...i just left my notes up from when I was studying for the Bar Exam...ya right! But I did shed a tear when he read his journal and yes...he is mysteriously sexy, sexy.

Jason..I love! Tough decision to choose a kid, but he is so genuine and cute. not very funny, but cute. and the leap frog...couldn't agree with you more! But how sweet was his dad?!?!

and Graham. Well, he just blew that for himself. I am so glad DeAnna called him out on "swaying back and forth with a smirk on his face like he could give a rat's fat one" during the rose ceremony. It seemed like he just gave up. But really, I don't miss him. I just hope she doesn't get to the end of this whole thing and still miss the player!

Sorry. I just had a lot to say. That was hands-down the BEST episode I have ever seen!

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Can I just say I love girls. Seriously, I love analyzing each and everything that goes down, it's as if we are all part of it. I've never looked forward to Monday night more. BRING IT ABC.

I honestly think it is going to be between Jeremy and Jason. I like Jesse but I really can't picture them together, I don't know we'll see I guess.

Jeremy is so bangin' hot seriously, if I were his brothers I would be pissed, they totally got the short end of the stick in the looks department.

Also has anything been divulged in the Jason's ex wife department? What happened there and is she still in the picture with Ty?

Keep the Bachelorette posts coming Adrienne I love reading this crap.
-Becca

Wendy said...

Nail on the head! I watched it for the second time today too.
Graham- you brought this on yourself. You should have wrote your school boy note and gave it to her at your home town date. Too little, too late.
Jeremy- when is she going to start realizing how it's strange how he's too perfect. it's fake!
Jason- your love for Ty (I prefer Tyler, but whatever) had me in tears. That was a well played move.
Jesse- he has skills. Obviously her "type" isn't working out so well. maybe she should take the plunge with Jesse.

Amber said...

I couldn't delete mine either. I agree with you 100 percent about the guys.

Christy said...

I feel like I have a lot to say, but you said it all! Thank you, I love this post.

Okay, I am liking Jesse too but I just can't picture it. I feel bad though, he is going to get hurt. He is so cute how into her he is.

I like Jeremy because I don't think it would work with Jason. I think Deanna needs too much attention and he would always put his son first. I think that would drive her crazy. Jeremy does seem too perfect but I like them together.

Graham, oh brother! I want someone to expand on "professional basketball player" to me. Really? For who? Anyway, I can't wait to check out his website right now. Thanks, Sara. The two of them really have so much passion but that is it. They already fight and he has issues. It was sad but it had to be done. Ah, I can't wait for next week! I would say let's all watch it together but I need to watch it alone. I CANNOT be interrupted.

Adrienne said...

lol Christy! I feel the same way. I don't want anyone to utter a word through any of it, i have to be free to rewind any scene as many times as i like, and i have to not feel self conscious when I either have a big goofy grin or weepy eyes. :)

Wendy said...

My favorite shot by far, is the one with all the light shinning from behind him. Hello... I'll take two, please.

Anonymous said...

AZ....let's get Graham's rose ceremony outfit for Jim. And the only thing that will redeem this show for me is if she calls Graham back. She should tell producers she wants him back....he is obviously the one for her. Jeremy needs to lighten up. I know he has had it rough, but anough of all of the heaviness. Jesse looked disgusting when he kissed her -- I thought GROSS kisser! And finally, I think it is easy to put your best foot forward for Jason. He just has to act really cute with his kid to be loved, but doesn't anyone remember how lame he was in the beginning? I AM GREEK....AND SO ARE YOU....HEAR US ROAR! L-A-M-E! Graham is her only hope in my opinion, unless she chooses Jeremy who will have her talking about her dead mother every day for the rest of her life!