Friday, June 27

The "haps" around here....

So Kate had her end of the year "graduation" party from preschool, although she isn't graduating anywhere. She will be back in the same class come August. But it was a darling program. The kids sang a bunch of their songs that they had learned all year, and Kate, after weeks of practicing on me, finally got her chance to belt out "My Favorite Things" (raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens) in front of an audience. She sure did finish big on the line, "I simply remember my favorite things....and then I don't feeeeel soooooooooooo baaaaaaaaaaad." I'm serious, it was out of hand. And if the video wasn't 7 minutes long, I would try to download it. After the program, they had an "international lunch", where everyone brought a dish to share that reflected their heritage. Kate has a lot of ethnicities in her class, so it was really interesting. And what did I make, you might ask? Well, I am lame and have no idea what my heritage is, so I made what a)would feed a lot of people, b)was an American summer staple and c)sounded good to my pregnancy cravings....pasta salad!! :)
We also had Spirit Week at her school and a few days sick at home, so here are the pics. Kate is only off for the month of July, and we are going to spend at least a week of that in Utah, so our summer "break" is going to fly by I'm sure!!

Here is Kate on her last day, and with her friend Neeka.


This is Kate with her teacher Miss Helen. She is from Sri Lanka. She is the nicest person, and a great teacher. Ezra loves her as well. He runs to give her hugs, and actually lunges from my arms into hers. If we end up sending Ez to the Montessori, hopefully Miss Helen will be his teacher, too.


Ezra preparing himself for the future.

This is Kate's other teacher, Miss Cara. We actually know Cara from being in the Monarch Beach ward with her a few years ago. She is actually leaving the Laguna Niguel Montessori and going up to teach at a new school opening in Yorba Linda where she can have her own classroom. She is darling with the kids.

Crazy Spirit Week...this was Kate on "Crazy Hair/Clothes" day. First of all, thanks Jenny for including such a "crazy" t-shirt in all the clothes you gave us(or should I thank your relatives who give your Cate such wacky tourist t-shirts?) And thanks to you to Jessica, who gave us these pants, which are actually only crazy when paired with such a wacky top. And the six ponies was Kate's favorite part. We were trying to find an outfit and she said, "Mom, you know what would be so crazy?" And I said "what?" To which she replied, "To not match!" Wow, things are really wild and crazy around here when not matching is our idea of just really letting loose! I was planning on running to Target the day I picked her up, but I just couldn't do it. She just looked too WT...I mean, six stringy ponies AND that ridiculous outfit? Couldn't do it.


And this was our sick day...speaking of WT, neither of my kids wore a shirt that entire day. Kate got a fever and watched TV literally ALL day, and Quasimodo must have had an allergy attack or something because his eye just inexplicably swelled shut!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

LOL! You couldn't bear to run to Target?! That's hilarious. What a fun day to dress up for school.

Tarah said...

I thought I'd see some birthday party pic's. THANK YOU so much for including Kaili in Kates party. It made her life! seriously she talks about it non stop.

Celia said...

Why is it that I laugh out loud whenever I see a pic of Ez? There is something about that boy that just cracks me up!

Christy said...

I'm proud of you for dressing Kate so crazy on crazy day. I'm sure that was hard for you to do! She looks so cute and excited though.

Jenny said...

I think the most hilarious part of her crazy clothes/hair is that she looks like some kids do every day. If I didn't know that Kate looked like a million bucks every other day, I wouldn't have even noticed. I also love that the "craziest" she gets is to not match! Love that kid.