Wednesday, June 18

Just more of the same....

The pattern of this blog is slowly becoming like my journal entries...slowly spreading farther and farther out, getting more and more sporadic. I'm blaming it on the pregnancy.

I have to start by doing a little "Ode to Ezra." Everyone says there is just something about having a boy...and I learn every day that that cliche is true. Ezra makes me smile and laugh one hundred times a day. It's not that Kate isn't still so darling, but she is changing, growing up, doing things more like a big kid than a little kid. But Ezra is still unpredictable in what he will do next, what new word he will repeat next, what new activity he will discover. This pregnancy, all 16 weeks of bliss so far, have been rough. But I watch Ezra and think to myself on a daily basis, "You are the reason I am doing this again." He just melts my heart, that kid. I'm crazy about him!


Helping himself into Kate's rain boots.

Just watching a show....

And playing all alone in the rocks.


We also enjoyed a lovely day at the beach a few days ago with some friends who came in town. Sadly, I have no pictures of anyone but my kids. How selfish of me.





But seriously, though, this kid just kills me. Here is Ezra enjoying a nice, refreshing soda, then laying out, soaking up some sun.




And this last Saturday, Kate also had her very first dance recital (she and every other girl in Laguna Niguel). She did a little tap dance to "On the Good Ship Lollipop." She did a great job, and as long as her little feet were tapping, she was pleased with herself. I have realized I am a bit, okay a lot, of a stage mom. I get too intense, and I want her to do everything perfectly. Half the time I was working with her on a dance move wondering if she just wasn't paying close enough attention, or if her little 3-year old mind could even comprehend and process all the dance steps and counts fast enough...pretty much a sign that I was being a bit too hard on her. But this experience was good for me because I realized I was getting a little too involved, and I made a resolution to just relax a little, and let her be three years old, for crying out loud!! I don't want to be that mom, so I am really going to work on just being supportive and encouraging. We'll see how I do. :)

Here is Kate's class at the dress rehearsal, before a smart decision to change their hair styles. They all looked bald with their hair back, so we changed their 'dos into curls under their cute sailor hats.

On the way to the recital, sans costume. Jim almost choked on the amount of make-up I put on her. Babe, without it she'll be washed out under the stage lights!! Duh!

Me and my little performer after the show.

Kate and Ez. There were a handful of little boys in the hip hop classes. If Jim would man up a little and let me put Ez in one, I would in a heartbeat. I can totally see Ez doing a little hip hop!


Until next time.....

10 comments:

Wendy said...

Welcome back! I've missed you. We need to talk Bachelorette. Watching Diego in a laundry basket looks like heaven. I should try that some time. I LOVE the last picture of Kate & Ez. That needs to be in your header next time.

maryam said...

That Kate will be on Broadway in 2 years... I just know it. She's a natural born star! Serious!! And that Ez, can I eat him up? If you are my friend, you will put him in Hip Hip classes despite what Jim says. DO IT!

Elizabeth said...

I totally know what you mean! It's sad when they don't act like little kids anymore! that's why I think I need to have one more! ......I think!

SUMMER said...

Put Ezra in hip hop! That dance was hilarious and too cute! And you are far enough to find out what you are having... when will you do so?

Erika said...

So cute! I just love your kids. Ezra totally looked like Jim in those beach pictures.
Wish we'd known about kate's thing, we may have gone to support our little sunbeam.

Heidi said...

I'm so glad you updated--I've missed reading your blogs.

And your kids, they are TREASURES. Seriously, so cute.

Christy said...

I love this post! So many cute pictures. Keep them coming!

ali said...

ha, ha....stage mom. the first step to recovery is admitting it.

Kate and her dancing...too cute.

our boys have all the same clothes. plaid shorts, swim trunks, rash guard.

it's good to have you back!

Nate and Tasha said...

I forget what it is like to have a young child. Thanks for reminding me (all I have is the grown up 3 yr old). I am looking forward to all the unpredictables. Glad you are feeling better and you look great - enjoy that small belly as long as possible :)

Jenny said...

Fun post. Those girls were too cute! And Ezzie Bear? I could eat him up. There is something special about having a boy. I never knew it until having my own Mack Attack!