Tuesday, May 13

The monkey says "Yes!"

You know the part in the movie The Wedding Singer when Adam Sandler is sitting on his front step after getting left at the alter, and Linda walks up to talk to him, and then his nephew comes running out and says, "Hey Linda....youw a b****!" Well, when I have been in a "mood", Jim thinks it is funny to just simply say to me, "Hey Linda" and I pretty much get what he's trying to tell me. Linda, aka biotch, is the closest thing to a nickname that Jim has ever given me. Romantic, no?

Matt Grant calling Shayne "Monkey" might just be the cutest nickname ever. I know I am a total sap for liking that, but how can you deny how freaking hot it was when he said, "Monkey, will you marry me?" And she was sort of a monkey in the way she wrapped herself around him. Here is a confession...I have always envisioned some steamy scene of having a guy pick you up as you wrap your legs around him....but umm, let's do a reality check. Since Jim weighs, oh I don't know, 10 lbs. less than me at any given time, that steamy scene is pretty much never going to happen for me. I remember at my wedding, the photographer made us take a picture of Jim holding me. I remember smiling, trying to look pretty, but knowing Jim and i weighed the exact same amount basically, I was really thinking, "Just take the damn picture already so he can put me down!" Ha ha...but honestly, if Jim jumped into my arms I would crumble! So you can guess for the sake of not wanting to absolutely destroy my self esteem, I will never attempt the hold-me-while-i-wrap-my-legs-around-you manuever.



I know there are actually some gals out there who are NOT Shayne fans. In fact, I have a friend who is a die hard fan of all things Bachelor, but once Amanda was out, she boycotted the rest of the show. She had no interest in seeing who ended up with Matt. But for whatever reason, I tried to dislike Shayne. I did, I was looking for things to criticize her for. She did things that normally I might find retarded, yet when she did them, I just thought they were hilarious...i.e.busting out make-up on the ski slopes, stammering to admit she was high maintenance, having several "blonde" moments. But I liked her--she did things that I really liked. Like calling out Robin when she was super competitive, trying to break up the fight between Marshana and Chelsea, giving Matt that cute photo--which I thought was a really cute idea and a perfectly appropriate gift for their situation. And I thought it was hilarious when she told Matt that she would marry him if he would stop looking at other girls because he had already looked at WAAAY too many. So despite my attempts not to be, I am a Shayne fan. BUT with that being said, do I think they will last? Probably not but who cares--last night's proposal was ridiculously romantic!!

And ps. why do the girls who have all these emotional issues make it so far? It just makes it that much more painful to watch them leave! i got a little tired of hearing Chelsea go on and on about hard it was to open up to someone and be so vulnerable...blah blah. I feel so bad for Chelsea though. How can Matt tell her he is falling in love with her the night before he proposes to someone else? If you think about it, this show is pretty jacked up. I mean, honestly, how can you not feel so led on and deceived? And how does Shayne watch all that sentiment, emotion, and action between Matt and Chelsea and NOT have issues with Matt?? I guess all I can say is that these girls sign up for the show knowing what they're getting themselves into. And I was a little weary to see no After the Rose Ceremony episode next week....in the past that usually happens because the couple isn't even together anymore.

Anyway, I'm excited to watch Deanna now. She is so pretty. I like the Bachelorette, but get ready for this sexist remark, I hate watching guys get their feelings hurt. All the girls crying and cat fighting--it is sort of expected. But watching guys have to grovel and assert themselves when they're not really in charge, is just sort of awkward. Like the Bachelor does all the kissing, and the girls (for the most part anyway) sort of wait til he initiates it. But it is reversed when a girl is in charge--it's awkward because you want to see the man sort of sweep her off her feet, but yet she is in the driver's seat. Anyone else know what I'm talking about? But who cares....it's still quality entertainment any way you look at it.

So anyway, here's to Shayne and Matt....may the next six months be the best of your lives! :) (is it possible to be a cynical romantic??)

12 comments:

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Adrienne,
So I have a few comments. I knew Shanye was going to win this thing. I thought it was very obvious. Secondly, I don't know how Matt can stand the constant bleach blond hair covering up half of her face. It drives me crazy. Sure, she looks cute when her sweeping bangs are just so, but the other 99.6% of the time, they are all over the place. Yucky. I hope they have a very special and 'passionate' 6 months or whatever. Now, let's take a moment and feel bad for Chelsea...okay that's good. I love the Bachelor and I'm even more excited for the Bachelorette. 25 hot guys to choose from? Goodnight!!
-Kate

Christy said...

I didn't like Shayne at first but she won me over. It seems like she does that to people. Matt's brother was the same way. I think the proposal was hot but I do not think it will last either. Oh well. I can't wait for Deanna!

Wendy said...

It was so obvious that Shayne was going to be picked. Usually, they try to fake us out but i think that after such a huge let down (Brad) last season they needed to give it to us good (if ya know what I mean). And boy was it. Thanks for the commentary Adrienne. I especially like the wrap my legs around you comment. Maybe Shayne and Matt should have Mariah Carey's song "Touch My Body" be "their song." I know I'm totally falling for the editing but now I'm thinking that these two might last a little while. Don't get me wrong, they are now Trista & Ryan but I do think they have something...

Amen, to the comment about desperate boys. I can't hardly think of a bigger turn off then desperate, attention seeking boys. Let's just hope that we get another Ian and no Byron's.

Amber said...

Yeah, for Shayne and Matt! Personally, I think she's adorable. She has a cute little figure, and a great sense of style.

Erika said...

I love how your "Baby" is just bouncing around in the corner up there. Hilarious.
You are a fantastic writer. I don't need to watch the show, I just wait for your weekly updates.
:-)
Reading your Kate-isms on the side, why didn't Ezra get to be a Little Mermaid character?

Tracy said...

It was a romantic proposal and I am dying to know if they are still engaged. Seriously their odds aren't that good, but they would be cute together.

andrea said...

Thanks Adrienne for making me the friend who is protesting the rest of the show. I was anxious to read your blog about the finale, even though I didn't watch.

If there is no "After the Rose" I would be a little concerned for this one. I hope it lasts and that she moved to London to start a life with Matt. Hello she has already posed for Girls Gone Wild Magazine... is this really the girl Matt fell in love with?

I can't wait for Bachelorette and Deanna.

Good luck to Monkey and Matt

Jenny said...

You absolutely captured everything I was thinking. I loved Shayne from the moment she admitted that, Yes, she was a ......little.....high maintenance. And then on the slopes, I fell for her again.
I feel badly for these girls because he can't really tell them, I love you. The closest he can say is I'm falling in love with you. And, quite frankly, he might not have been falling in love with Chelsea, but I'm sure the producers prod him to say it for the sake of the show.
I'm a total sucker for those romantic proposals. Every time he called her "monkey," I grinned from ear to ear. It's like on Friends when Phoebe says (of Ross & Rachel: "He's her lobster") Loved it!
Of course they won't last, but who cares? Most people get engaged more than once. Don't they? :0)
I am waiting, however, for one of these couples to elope in the heat of the moment before the finale airs. That would be awesome!

ali said...

i'll admit, shayne did grow on me. I'm just a little worried for Matt. She is a passionate, flirtatious woman and I can't imagine her being ready to settle down.

This wasn't my favorite bachelor. I wasn't crazy about any of his choices.

I am however excited to watch Deanna.

Jenna Theobald Broadbent said...

I'm not going to lie--I maybe teared up a little at the proposal. I was so happy they ended up together! My happiness was short-lived when I read the next day online (everything online is true) that Shayne recently posed nude for Girls Gone Wild. Now, I'm not going to judge but I need to point out a few things.
1) Girls Gone Wild? At least do something clazzy...like Playboy.
2) I'm not sure what his proper British family will think
3) Monkey has such a cute wardrobe...she should just keep it on.
I've said my peace.
XOXO

SUMMER said...

"Monkey" was the gaggiest thing I have ever seen. Sooo bad and just soooo desperate to share her acting skills with the world. And if her mom is a forecast of what is to come... he needed to steer clear!

Jenny said...

Summer - why you a hater?
I would think she would have totally been your choice. She loves leopard print, you love leopard print. She's got truckloads of shoes and clothes, (You get the idea) Like two peas in a pod. Especially after seeing you whip out your blush brush at dinner in front of DA's voice coach at the thought of David coming to meet us! Again, why you hate? Why no love for Monkey. It's so cute, I called Mack that for a while. It was such an easy jump from Macky, I think I'm going back, just to drive you nuts!