Too bad Kate has such a wacky smile.
Then we did a two-week stint in swim lessons, but since Kate still hasn't figured out that when you pop your face out of the water you are actually supposed to take a breath and not just look around, we will be doing two more weeks in June. This first picture Grandma told her to pose like she did at her "photo shoot." What a ham!
I also had a lovely Mother's Day. Jim gave me perfume, a card from him and one from the kids, flowers and a balloon. I, of course, felt like crap so I did nothing that weekend but lay around. I'm definitely suffering for the cause this Mother's Day. Kate also had a speaking part in our Mother's Day sacrament program. She stood on a chair at the microphone, and she kept waving to me and Jim. Then after her part, she kept standing on the chair while the primary sang a few songs. They must have turned the mic down, but Kate didn't know that so she kept adjusting it to be right in front of her mouth, leaning into it to sing. It was really so sweet to watch. I had her do her part just in our living room, but I can't upload the clip for some reason. I'll keep working on it.
We have also had some fun play dates in our backyard with the hose and the sprinkler. Kate loves to play with her friends, and it is actually easier on me if she has someone to play with in the afternoons, otherwise she watches more t.v. than I care to admit. But i love sprinkler play--it just feels like such good old fashioned fun!
Look at these ladies....just drying off on the lawn chair! Kate and Avery have the most vivid imaginations, it's hilarious to listen to them play together.
And the rest are just some random photos. Ezra got hand, foot, and mouth disease which was fun for all. I also think my kids have learned to play together a lot more since I got sick...probably because they realized they only had each other since mom has been completely worthless these days. They are both getting so big, and I think every mom out there can relate to what a sweet moment it is when you discover your kids playing together, happily, with each other, without prompting. It is a rarity, because as your kids begin to play with each other, they also learn how to fight with each other as well. But I am now 12 weeks...so hopefully they will get their mom back soon!







9 comments:
Great post, loved the pictures. Your kids are sure cute :-)
How fun for Kate to be in a photo shoot, I bet she just ate it up!!
BTW-I loved seeing you're in the 100's now! Sounds so much better than the 200's.
Wow Jim! I'm impressed! It sounds like you made a couple stops in your hunt for a mother's day gift. I think Jake made 2 stops. The computer and the printer (very last minute, don't ask!) I'm glad it was a success!
I was really buying into your whole "i'm so sick and nauseous" business until I saw the darling picture of kate in her sunday dress with the long, flowing, curly locks which can only lead one to believe that the mother can't possibly be sick if she mustered up the strength and stamina to style a head of hair that perfectly.
honestly, if I were in your position my kids would be going to church in their PJ's.
You all look darling and troy and I both agree on your dark hair! love it!
and please call me soon so we can discuss the bachelorette.
Oh my gosh! Isn't your baby like WAY too old for a binky?!?! lol
(Aids, you're sick, you don't take no %#@& from anybody!)
Hey, I know I am way late on this, but CONGRATS on baby #3!!! That is great news. Here's hoping you start feeling better any day now... :)
Cute post! I love Kate and Avery's faces. Too much!
Those pictures are classic!
So glad you are still alive girl. Your kiddies are adorable as ever! We sure do miss you guys. We should meet up in St. George when you get feeling better. Wouldn't that be fun?
A! I can't believe you are having your third! Congrats! Your kids are gorgeous! Miss ya girl!
Post a Comment