Tuesday, April 22

I heart Matt Grant

Okay, okay, I haven't posted in three years blah blah....but I'm posting now. Leave it to the Bachelor to pull me out of a slump. First off, how abou them announcing straight up in teh beginning that Matt proposes to someone?? Interesting.

So first up....Shayne. Mr. Lamaaas, Mr. Llama, Mr. Lima....hilarious--those are the kind of things tbat I adore about Matt. How about Lorenzo totally hanging Shayne out to die with the whole "this was her opportunity to be a star" comment. And i loved it when Shayne then said, "When my dad said that,I was furious. I wanted to curl up into a ball....and go someplace else." Ha ha....I believe the expression is curl and cry, or curl up and die, but whatever Shayne....bygones. Come on Matt....tell her dad that you called her the typical "L.A. sex kitten." Dads LOVE that stuff! :) But I liked her dad to be honest...the whole thing seemed a bit like a therapy session! Now on to Shayne's mom.....YIKES!! She looks beat, that's all I can say. She is haggard! I mean, her fake eyelashes, huge inflated lips, long nappy extensions, and her umm....ginormous boobs! All on a 50+ woman?! I'm being serious, I couldn't even look at her. In fact, i don't even know what she said because I was just studying her freakish face evey minute the camera was on her! But all in all, I still really like Shayne. I do.

But alas, we leave LA on to Colorado with Chelsea. First of all, what a cute hometown she lives in. Remind me to visit Durango, CO. In the word's of Chelsea's dad "Kerry", Matt is so charming, isn't he? i just love him! As long as he keeps saying stuff like "I was gutted because I felt like maybe she wasn't into me." Love him! Chelsea's family seems so normal, though. Not too much to make fun here. But I don't know...I don't feel the connection between them very much until they start touching or kissing, and then I'm like geesh! I find myself hitting rewind on the tv! So we'll see,I guess.

Noelle is sweet, but when she's nervous she does some funny hand gestures. Matt is just such a sport--he just seems so genuine with all the families. Did anyone else notice that when her sister Teresa was talking, the caption underneath said Noelle's mom? I was so confused, I had to go back to the initial introductions on their date to see who was who. But I can't even talk about the girls, when Matt is so flippin' hot! Umm, how about this "I don't want your mom and dad seeing us kiss but I just desperately want to kiss you." Umm, hello? That was a rewind for sure! I am just going to put it out there--Matt is hands down the smoothest bachelor so far! He has a way of kissing all these girls but in such a charming, sexy, meaningful way! i just can't get over it. The guy is smooth, that's all I can say. And then he blows her a kiss when he walks away and it isn't the slightest bit faggy or awkward? I do think though that Noelle and Matt do have the least amount of connection...it doesn't feel as normal and relaxed with them. She still sort of giggles and acts nervous when they talk.

Okay, on to Amanda. A prank, serious?? I get it, a sense of humor is great and all but you have one day to get real, one day to show someone your background, your family dynamic, etc. I just thought it was lame....not "brilliant." Umm, and about the room upstairs they went to hang out in. That seemed a bit much to have 82 candles burning....did your mom help you light all of those? Geesh! That's a romantic touch in the fantasy suite but your own bedroom with the fam all downstairs? Maybe not so much!

But I hate the family date episode. By cramming four families into one episode, you don't get to see hardly anything. And i know some of it might be editing, but it really doesn't seem like Matt and the girls get any time to hang out. And then to just show up at the house to hand out the roses--it seems so abrupt. One minute he is at your house, mingling with all the people you love and care about, and the next you are sent away crying in a limo. Harsh.

As for the girls he chose, we knew Shayne was in for sure. But poor Noelle....I always feel so sorry for the girl who must say a hundred times that she has a hard time letting people in and is it worth the risk, only to see her sent packing. Ouch....but since Matt is the "super bachelor", I'm sure he felt really bad.

But Barbados, I can't wait! That's hot....I'm already anticipating quite a few "rewinds" in that episode!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

The second I saw Shayne's mom's face, I called you...only to get Jim. he said you were out for the count, and are basically nonexistent to the world right now. i now know where Shayne gets the crazy idea to put on hot frosted pink gloss......NASTY! LD

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I think that Chelsea's dad looked like a woman, a woman with a moustache granted, but still a woman. Also....my favorite line of the whole episode: "You're touching my nipple." Seriously, he kept it together throughout that whole prank when I wanted to "curl up and die" for him. That was a harsh on Amanda's part.
-Becca

Sara Decker said...

The prank from Amanda was way too daring. I couldn't watch it. I literally was hiding my face because I couldn't handle it. Actually i had the same reaction to Shayne's mom!

andrea said...

AZ.. I have to disagree with you on Amandas prank.. I loved it. I think it should her humor instead of the boring lets go sit on my parents couch. The previews had me nervous beyond anything I have experienced in my bachelor history. When they finally announced it was going to be a prank I like Amanda more then I already did.
She is my front runner for winning Matt's heart. Matt is starting to squeeze out Mr. Firestone as my favorite bachelor of all time. He is so charming.
Happy to have you back blogging. I have missed it. Oh last comment about Shayne's mom.. TRAIN WRECK!!! No wonder she wasn't in any of the promo ads.

Heidi said...

Amen to Andrea. Amanda's been my girl ALL the way through-and I LOVED THE PRANK!

Awesome. As is your recap, of course.

Wendy said...

Spot on! I thought the prank was a HUGE risk but I think it went well. He obviously is a good actor and a good sport for continuing to try with her "fake parents." I couldn't have agreed more with the last 3 people he sent home.

Right now, I'm voting for Chelsea. If she could just get past her "buddy" PDA issues. That could be a deal breaker right there. And we all know how he feels about making out! Love it!!! How he snuck a kiss to Noelle was cute. It made me feel like a teenager.

Christy said...

I'm so glad you are out of your slump long enough to write this post. I love it when he says "brilliant" or "desperately." Why do two little words seem so hot when he says them? I don't know but I love it. I could not stop looking at Shayne's mom...ouch! Her plastic surgeon should be fired. That is just sad. I really loved Noelle. In fact I thought she was the prettiest and the most normal. But the connection wasn't as great though. Too bad. I'm now a Shayne fan. I want him to pick her. Chelsea bugs me and I thought the prank from Amanda was dumb. Maybe it was a good idea but it went on for too long where it was awkard when she told him the truth. It was lame. Go Shayne!

Jenny said...

Ditto from me. All of it!
I'm so glad you posted about this. We Desperate Housewives need this outlet.
Shayne's mom was too too much! And I loved that he was giggling about all of the leopard print everywhere.
Amanda definitely wasted too much time on her prank, although props to the producers for having her go along with it. (Because for sure it was not all her idea)
He oozes sex appeal when he kisses these girls. It makes me feel giddy too.
He is seriously so charming. What is it about the accent? I am "gutted" when I hear him say "Brilliant" and "Desperately" too. He seems like the most genuine bachelor yet! Although I did like Andrew Firestone as well! I'm such a sucker!
I'm dying to watch their Barbados trip too. I'm sure it will feel just a bit naughty that I'll be rooting them ALL on! Although Shayne is my PF!

Nate and Tasha said...

I missed the last show and it looks like I missed a good one. I feel like I got caught up a little thru you, so insightful :) but there are still so many holes...I need to find the episode, or it is going to drive me crazy!

ali said...

So here's the ritual: Tuesday night...pop some popcorn, cozy up on the couch with Troy, watch the Bachelor (because we couldn't stay up late enough on Mon), laugh our butts off, criticize, predict who's going to get ousted, then IMMEDIATELY following the show, tune into Adrienne's blog for the recap.

Thanks for pulling yourself out of the funk long enough to entertain the masses.

I couldn't agree with you more on 99% of your comments. However, I was sad to see what's her face go home. She seemed so genuine to me. Except for that dumb comment she made about their half brains making one whole one. DER...

Troy is disappointed with your fascination with Matt. He doesn't find him any more than average looking and only mildly charming. I'm undecided....

until next week. oh...i get butterflies just thinking about it.

SUMMER said...

Shayne's mom looked like she was dressed up in a transvestite costume. I was SHOCKED! How much older is she than Lorenzo Lamas? She could have been his grandma!

The McCulloughs said...

WOW, Adrienne I haven't checked your blog lately and had basically given up on you since I knew you were puking and feeling yucky pregnant! I am glad your back for the Bachelor recaps. I heart Matt Grant too or maybe it is just his accent! I am dying for the finale! Hope you get feeling better quickly! We had so much fun on the cruise with you guys. I am already ready to go back!!