Tuesday, March 25

Someone please, sing me another song

Last night's Bachelor was a doosy....and this is the test of whether or not it was really a good episode: I covered my mouth at least 3 times, I cringed outwardly (meaning I actually pulled a face), and then I had a cheesy grin on my face at several different points in the show. And the best part? I was completely alone pulling all of these antics. But honestly, the singing...I couldn't even take it! Carri's opera? WTF? It was all just too much, hence the aforementioned cringing.

First off, can I just say how captivating I think Matt Grant is? (Matt Grant, said like the british "Matt Grahnt" is such a better pronunciation than the way we say it with two flat a's, "Maatt Graaant). The one word that describes him best is charming. His accent and his funny expressions like "keen" and "fancy the pants off you"....bring it on. And how cute are his ruddy cheeks? It just makes him that much more endearing. And he is pretty vocal so far, and entertaining, so as far as I'm concerned, his stock just keeps going up.

The girls, the girls. Oh Michelle P.......your song to him, oh no. First of all, the lyrics were a little racy (I want to touch you; I want you to touch me) and singing such an intimate song while the other girls were 4 feet away....it was all just too much. But when she got kicked off, she might have left a legacy of one of the most memorable Bachelorette statements of all time: "It will be nice to go home and see my cat....and hear her purr again...and lay across my legs. She's the love of my life right now." Oh Michelle....how pathetic that made you look! Jim was passing through the room when she said that, and he said, "That's some wacky crap." True that, Jim.

Ashlee....the 22-year old who got the first kiss. I started to think she was quite pretty...but then she opened her mouth. Honestly, the way she was acting when she got that rose, I was astounded. How about a little class? She might as well start sticking her tongue out and saying, "Naa, naaa, na, na, na!" It was pretty juvenile. And then just the whole giggling girl attitude talking about her kiss--I thought she looked foolish.

And Shayne, starting the drama already. Seriously? On the second date you're already going to start pouting? That was too much, and I don't think her apology was heartfelt, but rather an attempt to smooth things over when Matt didn't react AT ALL to her temper tantrum. Actually, though, he did react--by telling her to deal with it and quit complaining!

I like Chelsea okay, I don't think she is the most beautiful (cough....ears....cough) but she seems down to earth. I thought Kelly (the one in Vegas who won the gambling alone time) sort of seemed WT for some reason. Her voice is so deep and she has the mannerisms of a lush. I don't know how to explain it, but I'm not feeling her at all.

And Robin, I gotta be honest--I thought the whole "meet me halfway" banter was sexy! I dug it, and apparently so did Matt. It felt natural and not forced, unlike Marshana. A little subtlety goes a long way ladies!

I guess that's it for now. I wasn't surprised at the 3 who went home, and I can't wait to watch next week's rugby game. But I will say this--I think that this show is 100% fueled by the ego of these girls. I just think it is so unrealistic for them to have all formed a bond with him so far, when some of them have barely had any time with him. I think one of the girls said it best--girls want what they can't have. This show, at least in the beginning with so many catty girls all "falling" for the Bachelor, is totally based on the thrill of the chase. I think genuine feelings do eventually develop when it gets to the last few girls, but right now? All ego. Have you ever been shopping, and you see something that you are indifferent to, but then a group of girls all start looking at it, and find yourself thinking, "oh, maybe I do like that?" Totally the same thing with all these girls....it just becomes this emotional competition of who can get the first this or the first that.

But who cares, right? It is still highly entertaining. But the real question is, I wonder how I can watch next week's episode somewhere over the Atlantic Ocean en route to Bermuda? I know, a real dilemma, right? :)

15 comments:

The McCulloughs said...

I watched it last night too and I was so excited to read your recap! I watched it alone too and found myslef covering my mouth and laughing out loud. I know I am pathetic.. but so are you!!LOL! What are we going to do next week??? Oh, the dilemmas of our lives! See ya soon!

Wendy said...

Did Marshana seriously grind on his lap? Are you kidding me? Can you only imagine what he's thinking/feeling with all the other ladies watching? I did however appreciate his Soulja Boy attempt. That was endearing. I know what you mean by Kelly seeming WT. She's channeling Betina's hair and no matter what she may think, she didn't handle her liquor well. She was acting classless. I think Amanda's "meeks" are cute.

Emily said...

Even if you're gone - you still have to recap, please!!!! Kelly's a lush, the singing time needs to go and Shayne is a drama queen. "Welcome to my set" and then a few seconds later "I'm all over the acting thing" - whatever. I've never seen Shayne in anything (I'm guessing porn or B movies if anything) and she shouldn't go around saying her dad is Lorenzo Lamas - he wasn't evem big when he was in shows.

Wendy said...

Shayne is actually a legit actress. She can be seen on General Hospital in flashback scenes as a young "Carly Corinthos." She also appeared in the MTV reality show Twentyfourseven. That's as legit as they come.

Anonymous said...

I think you are the "wacky" one for even thinking he is remotely cute. Where is his jaw line? And he seems a little dweebish. Micah is convinced he is the grown up Harry Potter! LD

Adrienne said...

Dweebish? Lindsey, take it back! I don't think he's dorky really at all, to be honest.
And Wendy, "channeling Bettina's hair"....lol! I was actually going to mention that but last time I got a lot of flack for being so harsh. i just thought it was funny that one of her attributes that she wanted Matt to discover about her was her ability to hold her liquor! which she totally couldn't! lol!
And seriously, ENOUGH with the lap dances already! If you want "AZ" totally unplugged, this is what I was honestly thinking when I watched that...umm, could he stand up after that? I mean, honestly, he's a normal guy and some sassy young thing is rubbing up against his junk....I mean, honestly?! I would just love to honestly know if guys really think that is hot, or if they just have to act macho and act like they like it despite their embarassment/mortification. Who knows....but I think it is TRASH-Y!

SUMMER said...

Shoot... thanks for reminding me... I still have to watch it!

ali said...

troy and i tuned in last night. then immediately following, we came to your "column" for the zimmerman buzz! you do nice work, my friend. we got in some good laughs.

but tell me honestly...you must watch the show with a pen and paper in hand to jot down those memorable moments.

thanks for the entertainment.

Rob Judd said...

i'm so jealous that you are going to bermuda first of all! And I love everything you wrote, I do'nt understand how shayne was bringing in the drama all of a sudden, as if she was the only girl going through it. I think she's beautiful but she's obviously spoiled and i don't think he likes her very much. I'm sorry marshana makes me want to puke. she is so not cute and i do'nt understand why he is still keeping her around! Ya how annoying was ashlee, I can't believe she was acting so stupid in front of the girls and HIM when she got the rose! I love this show and yes it is all about the things that you want that you can't have. Also i"m sure all the girls love being on TV as long as they can even if they are faking it with Matt. I love him though, he's adorable! it looks like theres going to be a lot of kissing going on this season!

Jennifer said...

I actually had to turn the chanel a few times out of embarassment fot the bimbos. where do they find these people. Thanks for always providing a platform of commentary and a place I can laugh histerically at the pathetic things I am addicted to. have fun in bermuda!

Jenny said...

Adrienne, I'm so pissed that you are such an entertaining writer that I am, yet again, sucked into another season of The Bachelor. I did take notes while watching so that I could make a witty comment or two. I know I'm no English major like you, but here's my lame attempt:
I thought Matt driving up in his Maserati was "Brilliant," "Without a doubt" he "spices things up a bit" with his English charm. Watching Amy twirl was "Loads of fun." "I would be gutted" if I didn't mention that when he says "I'm only winding you up" it makes me grin as well. A completely cheesy one. Ear to ear. When I watched the lap dance, Kate's words rang loud and clear through my ears. "That chick is Icky and Skanky!"
I like that "fancies the pants off" so many of the girls. I bet they'd like to "fancy the pants" off him as well. Now I need to get home to my cat, because I need a purr.And don't ever forget ...
Summertime - and the livin's easy....Peace out AZ!
I will miss your commentary on Tuesday. I can wait though. I have some other shows to catch up on!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Love your Bachelor post. They make me pee my pants! Hey, I need your email address. I lost it somewhere, who knows? Here is my new one happycatof2@yahoo.com Love you girl!

Erika said...

Gosh! We only watch 2 shows: The Soup and Rob & Big...I've been bored sometimes and if nothing is on the DVR checked out The Bachelor a few times (back when it was that officer guy) and felt sucked in...but then Tyler came home and gave me that look like "why are you watching this? where is the woman I married?" so I change the channels (and pretend I don't care even though I AM DYING INSIDE because I miss what happens next.
I can just live vicariously through your blogs and enjoy the show from the side.
You are a fantastic writer. They should hire you to write the recaps on the website!
Have fun on your trip. We'll miss you.

Mary Denton Taylor said...

You don't know me, but I found your blog on Sara Schoffield's blog and you just cracked me up! Finally found someone else who enjoys watching Bachelor! I hope you watched yesterday so I can read your commentary - and all the fun comments of your friends, too. lol

Jenny said...

Come on Adrienne! I'm waiting for your 3-week re-cap!