Happy Birthday Cels!! The big 3-0!! And even though I struggle with age, I'm glad to hear that this milestone birthday for you is no big deal! Way to be so "Oprah" about it!
So here are 30 random facts, inside jokes, memories, and comments in honor of your special day, most of which only Cels will understand and appreciate.
1. "Some say she was murdered by her husband, Sir Simon!"
2. You and I sharing a bunk bed....in college. :)
3. Two words--Boyd Bastian. Need I say more?
4. Our infamous "beauty seat."
5. The fight when we got in when we were little and shared a room, and we took tape and literaly divided the room in half, but then I got ticked when you said I coudn't even leave the room because the door was on your side of the room. Lol!
6. I am in awe at watching you as a mom. Like mom always says about you and Hen, "Those two are so crazy about each other." You really are an amazing mother.
7. I have always envied your independence. While I got married at 19, you lived in Brazil, moved back east for an internship, and went on a mission. I remember visiting you in Allentown, so envious of your independence and courage.
8. You attempting to be a Cavette, doing a "switch leap." Yikes.
9. I was, and am, jealous, of your musical skills. You are so much better than me on the viola, piano, and singing. I guess you paid better attention to Tracy Owens than I did. :)
10. Remember how poor we were in college, that we considered it a splurge to actually buy meat?
11. Driving to high school in your red jetta, with the smell of syrup wafting through the air. :)
12. Your favorite meal you concocted up at USU--canned chili over corn bread cooked in a waffle iron. Delicious!
13. Your wedding was absolutely beautiful. I was so happy for you, and I admired how beautiful you were in your wedding dress, and how cute you and Scotty were (and are) together. I look at your bridal shot that mom has hanging in her room, and I think you really are so beautiful.
14. One of our biggest fights in our adult lives over you not registering for china when you got married...and how I would just swear at you to tick you off. :)
15. You convincing me to take Brother "Laxative"'s speech/diction class up at USU at 730 a.m. in the dead of winter! How bored and completely lost we were! Then after class we would go share one of those huge pieces of bread and take a nap on the heating vents in the International Lounge!
16. Your unwavering testimony...I've always wished I was more like you, with such a strong faith that never seems to falter.
17. Remember how in college we would go to bed early because we would both be starting to get hungry, so instead of eating we would just go to bed? Why can't I do that now??
18. Driving home from USU in your fancy black Jetta, laughing hysterically at my inability to harmonize to the Indigo Girls and the Cranberries.
19. Us being able to have our kids so close in age, and all of our outings. Like that one time at the Provo Towne Center when we just had Kate and Henry, and between both of our nursing schedules and diaper changes, we had been gone for 3 hours and hadn't spent one minute shopping yet!
20. Laughing, laughing, and laughing. When I think of you, I think of us laughing. The boys think each other are hilarious in this family, but you and I seem to have a connection of our own where we crack each other up!
21. "Let's just go visit the kill bird..."
22. Always being a great big sister. I'm sure there were times in high school when we didn't get along, but I don't remember them. I remember having that whole upstairs to ourselves, with our own phone line and tv., in our own little world. I remember being best friends.
23. Despite how completely different our lives are now, I love that we can still talk for hours and be there for each other. I am so grateful that we have stayed so close, even though we only see each other maybe 4 times a year.
24. I love that your favorite dessert is white cake with raspberry filling. That will forever crack me up.
25. The boys calling you "Symba", or "Symbie" all your life with your curly hair. Still makes me laugh out loud.
26. I mean this honestly--I think it is so great how you really try to share some of Scotty's passions. Maybe you aren't as die hard as he is, but I have thought how lucky he is to have a wife who will go camping in a VW bus, or climbing/hiking/fishing. You make it a point to have common interests with him, and I think that is so great.
27. Racing to clean up the upstairs when we knew mom was on her way up, fearing for our lives over the pig sty!
28. Watching the way you have changed over the years...you were a bit of a punk in high school, and now you are so even and calm and patient. It floors me. I have watched you and mom develop such a close relationship over the years, and it is crazy after your encounters in high school!
29. This one is big--and something I don't know if I have ever thanked you for. You were really the only person in the family who supported me when I got married so young. I honestly don't think I could have gotten through all the chaos and drama if you hadn't of been my roommate and best friend through all of that. You got to know Jim, you gave me advice, you reassured me when I was nervous, you listened and listened and listened, and you were genuinely happy for me to get married. I will never forget that Cels, thank you so much.
30. Us watching Aunt Afton and Aunt Isabelle in action, wondering if that will be us in fifty years. I wouldn't mind too much. :) We could argue over all the dates and years of every detail in our life....but I'm not ever going to iron my sheets!!
You were, are, and will always be my best friend. Thanks for always being such an amazing older sister!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!



16 comments:
Cute post Adrienne. That was really sweet. Sisters are the best!
Yeah I didn't get most of those, but I'm sure they are funny. That is a nice post. My sisters are lucky to get a post for their birthday. I guess I should be more thoughtful.
Beesh Aids, my post on your berfday wasn't that good. Hilarious. You had me laughing and crying (mostly both at the same time).
Here are my thoughts:
I felt a rush of adrenaline at #27 -- running for our lives to clean up the upstairs because Mom was on her way. Seriously, that must be how people on death row feel as they're walking to meet their fate. Scared as H-E-double-hockey-sticks!
I remember being so poor in college that if we decided to "splurge" and go to Taco Bell, we'd each only get one bean burrito. So why weren't we skinnier?
OH man, Brother Laxative, aka Professor Lackstrom. That is hilarious. And it was Linguistics 2010! Aren't you so glad I made you take that class because you were SO going to need to take it anyway! I was so full of it!
Hey, back off the chili and corn bread -- my family still gets that special treat! And boy do they love it!
You should see my switch leap these days -- better than ever. I'm thinking of trying out for So You Think You Can Dance -- it'll be my signature move.
Anyway, thanks for such a nice post. I'm so grateful for such wonderful sisters!
And I can't wait to cruise it up this month! Bermuda here we come! (Even if it is going to be only 55 degrees ....)
Is it weird that I started getting chocked up reading this post? Well, it was adorable and it reminds me so much of Kate and I. Life without sisters would suck, period.
-Becca
P.S. I hope that's an open invitation to come to Laguna because as soon as I don't have to chain up, I'm there.
This is the cutest post I have ever seen. How fun to have such a close sister. Wish my relationships with my sis were this close. Congrats Cels to embracing 30. You look more beautiful then ever!
Adrienne,
Geez, what a post. I'm holdin' back tears here. My sister better not let me down on my upcoming birfday. I heart Cel!
-Kate
This post puts my husband's birthday afterthought on my blog to shame. I guess if I thought really hard, I could have come up with 39 things about him. But really, he's getting too old to list things like this. It was very sweet. My sisters are both way older than me (10 and 14 years), so I didn't have the relationship you did, but I would still consider my sister Cheryl my best friend. Isn't it great to have sisters? I'm going to try to decipher some of your codes...
#1 - Oscar Wilde?
#3 - substance abuse?
#5 - Did the same thing with my sister because she was such a slob, but ended up taking it down the next day because I realized I was a slob too.
#14 - I didn't register for China either. I figured by the time I actually would need to use it, two things would happen: 1) I wouldn't like the China I had picked out 20 years before, and 2) By that time, hopefully, I would be able to afford to buy it all myself. Still working on that.
#26 - Brad and I got into a huge argument when he got home this weekend from his "Offroading adventure" because I refuse to go. Every year, he tries, and every year he's disappointed in me.
that was sweet! sisters are the best!
Happy B-day to your 30 year old sister! I will be joining her club here shortly with my 30th this summer. Fun time tonight at the shower. Thanks for letting me ride in those sweet wheels! That is the nicest car I have been in for awhile... sigh. :)
Happy birthday Celia! Just reading your sweet tribute made me miss my fun sister! Aren't sisters the greatest thing in the whole world! Kim's birthday is Sat. and she is coming down with some of your fam, so we're going to celebrate with them. Only a few more works until our cruise... I can't wait!
Ha. If you two turn into Afty and Izzy, then I want to come and just watch you two argue over which meat cut is the best.
Love you two girls!
Sarah said she was your best friend? LD
Hey, I had Lackstrom too. I never believed Star Trek was real until I met his beautiful bald self. Good job making nice girls because the claws better come back out in Bermuda.
I'm pretty sure Blair will see plenty of claws, if you sisters are anything like me and my sisters. Ha, ha.
Also, just put up a post about Hazel. Thought you might be interested.
How sweet are you A? You both crack me up! I didn't get the half of them, but I am just laughing thinking about you laughing. I think the claws just make you closer if you ask me.
16 more days....Bermuda or bust!
Miss you guys and can't wait to see you!
Hey, I found you on Summer Thackers Blog like 4-ever ago, and I guess I have been a bit of a stalker, I am finally leaving you a comment...
It is so fun to see you guys....what a beautiful Family you have!
By the way who did that writing behind your piano in your family photo??? Did you use a stencil???It is just way to pretty, and full of character!
Our web site is
http://www.babyhomepages.net/pagebabes/
Post a Comment