Wednesday, January 9

A Happy Birthday Indeed!

So despite hating the fact that I'm one year older (I know, it's cliche; I need to learn to embrace my age and all the wisdom that comes with it....or some crap like that)but I love birthdays. I guess I should clarify that--I love birthday celebrations. I know some people think birthdays and the attention they bring is unnecessary, but I dig it. Who doesn't love having an excuse to go out with fun groups of friends to receive gifts and free desserts? And all the best wishes and cards and money from the folks.....I love birthdays!

To not sound as shallow as this post might suggest, I do genuinely think it is nice to have people remember it's your "special" day, and say nice things about you. Who doesn't enjoy knowing people are thinking of you?? I have had a few fun lunches/dinners, and to all of my friends who either called, gave me a shout out via the blog, or joined in on my fun dinners/gifts, THANK YOU!! I only took this one picture tonight, but I have wonderful friends, and I really appreciate every one's thoughtfulness. So there look--it's a birthday compromise...I struggle with the age and getting older part(the actual reason birthdays exist) but I can wholeheartedly get on board with all the praise and gifts!!

11 comments:

Brooke Wilkins said...

happy happy birthday adrienne. It was really good to see you today! Hope you had a good day!

Jessica said...

I'll take the Cashew Chicken... hold the rice... I'm going low carb. LOL!!!!

Wendy said...

Last night was so much fun. What a week of great conversations!

Jenny said...

Yeah, Adrienne - we'll talk again in a couple of years about how much you love the attention on birthdays. I loved your comment today about,"Yeah, I think when I turn 30, I'll want to crawl in a hole too..." I didn't think much of it until I replayed the conversation in my head later. Thanks a lot! I feel even worse now! :)
Happy Birthday! You're so much fun to be around!

Anonymous said...

happy belated birthday! There are a lot more birthdays in January than I had remembered! Looks like you had a great time celebrating.

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday! Looks like dinner was a lot of fun!

Emily said...

Happy Be-lated Birthday! I just caught up on all the latest posts.... you crack me up! Glad you had a good one!

Melissa said...

Glad it was happy. You look so great. Each year you get prettier...that is probably why you love birthdays!

The McCulloughs said...

Hope you had a happy birthday (belated!) I just turned 30 as welll in December and I was scared to death. Although, I just renewed my passport and had to get a new photo and I am happy to say that I look better in my new photo then in the one 10 years ago (I was heavier back then!) Hey will don't really act any older, huh? Take care- Mandy

Tracy said...

I know I am over a week late... but HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Happy Birthday girlfriend!!! Hope it was your best yet!

Natalie