Nights like last night are so fun, and SO needed, aren't they? We started our night with some shopping at Fred Segal, which was NOTHING like I imagined it to be. I knew it was a trendy, expensive boutique but at some point the price tags almost insulted me! It was a very different experience for me to see a cute dress, pull it off the rack, and see that it is $560! But with Summer's help, I found some cute Paige jeans for only $40 bucks (skinny jeans, mind you....do I dare attempt it?). Nothing like buying the same jeans as Summer Thacker--8 sizes bigger! :)
So after shopping we went to The Ivy for dinner. Cute little place, but man they really pack you in there! It was very quaint, quite romantic (Maryam was giving me bedroom eyes over her meatloaf), and just a fun dining experience. I got a vegetable salad with chicken and shrimp, which was really good, but it was $36! Out of ravioli, chicken, and meatloaf, my salad was the most expensive meal at our table. But I knew it what to expect as far as prices go, and it was a delicious salad. Then we headed off to Pinkberry...which I really liked. I mean, at the end of the day, it is still just frozen yogurt--but I loved the original flavor. And Fruity Pebbles on yogurt--what a treat!
So after dessert, the fun really began. Our car of moms, pushing 30, turned into a bunch of crazy teenagers cruising main through the streets of West Hollywood (complete with quizzing some boys on the street where they were going and what their sexual orientation was--it's true--they were gay, on their way to one of the MANY gay bars in West Hollywood,but apparently they were not a couple!)). It was classic--Summer has no fear! We were a little lost at first but Jim was a team player when I called him up at 11 p.m. for directions to Les Deux nightclub. He actually got on the internet, found our cross streets, and told us where to go. Way to go babe! Way to support Ladies Night Out!! But you should have seen the crowd waiting outside of Les Deux--we would have stuck out like a sore thumb because we were all fully clothed! Skank attire is apparently required to get into such a hot spot! We just wanted to see Justin Bobby! We didn't get home until 12:30, but it was worth it.
Anyway, we had such a fun time, thanks largely to Summer, our little LA tour guide. The girl is a very assertive driver, at least it felt like it from my post, sitting alone on the 3rd row. :) j/k Anyway, thanks ladies for a great night out....I hope we can do it again soon!



Apparently that $40 salad gave me a stomach ache!! Seriously, I was in pain....but I still managed to eat my Pinkberry!

Summer gave us little goodie bags with snacks for the road, complete with a mix cd of our "ladies night out" tunes!



11 comments:
I'm glad this experience to LA was better than your last trip :) Sounds like you gals did it right. Those price tags are unbelievable! Justin Bobby?! You're killin me! That would have been hilarious.
I was so bummed we didn't run into Justin Bobby. That would have been hilarious. But I guess the Gay guys were enough for me. They were hilarious. I can't believe it took us so long to find it. That was an awesome night!!! We will have to do a redo some other time.
I WAS giving you bedroom eyes... dang it. I need to be more discreet next time.
AZ- The seat/ your bed in the back worked out perfect for the stomache ache situation. Funny how the Pinkberry seemed to cure it! Come get your skinny jeans... they looked SO GOOD on you!!! Actually I may come drop them off tonight. Bryan went to the USC game and I have ALL night to kill! Will you be around? Call me!
hey adrienne, I'm glad you found my blog! you are freaking hilarious! I can't stand how fun your girls night looks too! Hey so are you ready to run your heart out in two weeks? I know me neither! I think it will be fun though even if we do come in last place! :)
PLEASE call me next time you are doing a ladies night. I will fly in for the occasion - what fun! I died when I read Les Deux - does she know that is a Hills hotspot? Apparently you do.
I hate Justin Bobby BTW - i feel like I am on something whenever I watch him (shiver).
PS - GO skinny jeans!
Yeah, Melissa, go skinny jeans because you are built like my friend Summer--TINY!! Remember on your bed all those years ago-"my thighs are so tinay!" (or something like that!).
Yes, we were all aware of the Hills hot spots--a little sad since we were all mothers! When will I grow out of watching teeny bopper shows? And Justin Bobby is so lame but let's be honest so is Audrina--she is so flat. She is beautiful and has an amazing body, but she pretty much lacks a personality. And don't you think The Hills feels so staged this season? Especially the conversations between Heidi and Spencer. But I don't know why I even bother complaining about it because it's not like I'm going to stop watching it! :)
Look at Summer go...the little party planner!
I am glad you moms got a night out on the town. Looks like a blast.
I am afraid I would not even know what to do in a store like Fred Segal. It would be way too far out of my Target/Old Navy comfort zone!
Flat? Chested? or personality wise? I say she's flat all around, but not low enough for loser justin bobby.
It is SO staged this year. I was trying to juggle Luc in the airport and read what Lauren said - she supposedly refused to be at any location w/Heidi and Spencer and the directors said they couldn't just take them off the show. The night she showed up at Les Deux (early in the season) and they had that blow up, Lauren said she took off her mic and went downstairs where they aren't allowed to film and told them she wasn't going back up until they were gone. For real? I don't know.
and PS - of COURSE I remember my thighs are so tinay - we thought our voice/accent was soooooo hil-air-ee-ass.
Well Said! I think you win for the best run down of the night. Thank you for a good laugh today (from your post) AND Thursday night (cuz I latched on to you every nervous moment I had in F.S.). I do wish to meet up again soon. I think Fashion Island is for sure a must SOON.
Post a Comment