Tuesday, October 16

Okay, fine, Ali DeGraff i will blog about the Bachelor, just for you!!

So Brad and Jenny are so in love, it is ridiculous! i could not believe how catty those girls were to her once they found out she kissed him first! Bettina was brutal at that rose ceremony. And thank goodness Hillary leaves next episode, because that girl is starting to bug me! Seriously, her calling Bettina a "used car" since she has been married and divorced was pretty harsh. and p.s. if that is a sexual reference, it is inaccurate since she has only been with one guy for 5 years, while these girls were dating/sleeping around! But I'm not going to defend her because i thought she was a bi-otch to Jenny. I like Jenny....but I'm ready for Kristi, Hillary, and DeAnna to leave.

Anyway, I think this show creates such awkward situations. Brad, or any other bachelor, for that matter, is forced to lead these girls on. What is he supposed to do when he has this alone time with a girl who is draped all over him, weeping to him about her insecurities and her feelings.....blah blah. He is a decent guy so he usually offers some kind words of encouragement or consolation, which inevitably leads these girls to think they have a "connection" with him. i think it would be fun to play The Bachelor Bingo, and use words and phrases like "connection", "spark", "dramatic" (rose ceremony ever!), "here for the right reasons" etc. Oh but the drama.....isn't it great?? also, I think Brad talks weird....it's like a sing song southern drawl. But he is pretty charming....yes yes, he is.

18 comments:

Elizabeth said...

how embarrassing that i"m the first one to comment on this, but i just got done watching it and I so think that he's going to end up with Jenny. Or atleast i hope he does. Bettina was annoying, she only started being rude to Jenny after she found out about their kiss. I'm so embarrassed for all of the girls and how pathetic they are, but I guess more embarrassed for myself that I watch it and love every second of it! See you in a couple of days. You might have to carry me to the finish line.

ali said...

Thank you, Adrienne. Can we be expecting this opinion column every week on your blog? (am I pushin' it?)

I actually haven't seen last night's show yet. Troy and I were both too tired and since he shares the same love (maybe more) for The Bachelor, I have sworn to wait until he gets home to watch it.

At any rate...it is obvious that Jenny is the front runner. I do love her sincerity. I kinda hate when one girl stands out SO much as the first pick, but who knows, they may surprise us in the end with "the most dramatic proposal yet"!

And Elizabeth...you should be ashamed of yourself! There is NOTHING to be embarrassed about for watching such quality television!

Until next week...

SUMMER said...

So glad you blogged this! I watched it today and I was dying. I don't think he has that great of a selection. The poor guy's pickings are slim! And- he's a catch! I think he is darling. I laugh though that every time a girl cries, he takes his fingertips and wipes away their tears... EVERY TIME! So funny! Also- I can't stand Hillary! She is driving me crazy! Why does he keep picking her? Jenny is OK out of the bunch so I am rooting for her. But once again, SLIM PICKINGS!

Jessica said...

Ok, I think I'm just as smitten over this Brad as any of the other girls on the show. I love his southern drawl... yes... love it. I have to say I'm a bit sceptical over this Jenny girl - they usually try to hard to edit the show to make you not know who he likes - it makes me think that he is really into someone else as well or in the end it is going to switch... I don't know. I guess it's just hard to believe that the one who got the first impression rose my actually make it to the end. That rose usually is cursed. I really don't like DeAnna. I hope she goes next and as far as Hillary breaking down... there is always one and you could see it coming a mile away. Bring on more bachelor - I think I'll be sad when he isn't on anymore. I agree with them calling him the "hottest bachelor ever."

Heidi said...

Adrienne--I watched and enjoyed the whole episode. Rhett, on the other had, takes it to a whole new level. He loves all those "dynamic ladies"--that is a direct episode. Although, Kristy freaks him out. He pops popcorn for the episodes . . .

And yeah, Bettina's nasty. Rhett says his favorite was Solisa, but only because she can do a mean lap dance . . . wait, did I really marry this guy?

Wendy said...

Dido to your views on last nights episode and I 2nd the weekly run down request.

Time for me to get catty. Bettina, have you ever heard of a blow drier? Why doesn't this girl do anything with her hair? And what is with all these cry babies? You all are going to scare him off. Kristy is so cut next week. She is way too uptight! I'm a huge fan of Jenni. Too bad she got the 1st rose and 1st kiss. No one ever has a chance at making friends after that.

Heidi said...

I meant quote, not episode. I'm such an idiot!

Wendy said...

Oh yeah. I want to play you bingo next week. Good thinking.

Anonymous said...

I am so embarrassed for those girls. Seriously all the crying. But I love the show and can't get enough.
Call me crazy, but I do kind-of like Bettina.
I am in for Bingo!!

ali said...

ok. now that I have watched the show, I have some more comments.

1. If jenny says, "with all my heart" the next time she accepts the rose, I may just vomit.

2. Am I the only one who doesn't think Bettina's hair is half bad? What else can you do with such thin hair, and when you have a face that pretty you really can't lose.

3. Oh and then there's Hillary. Get a hold of yourself girl. The first breakdown was already embarrassing enough, but lucky for her, Brad was a nice guy. Now more crying?!?! She could have actually had a chance.

3. DeAnna the little bitty. I liked her in the beginning, but now me no likey!

4. Do you think we may be in for a surprise? Like, could Brad actually have feelings for someone besides Jenny?

5. How many of you are watching this show and thinking about how you would "ROCK" the competition if you were on The Bachelor? I mean, come on ladies...these girls have nothing up on a quality woman with a personality, right? Maybe it is just a fun mind game I like to play as a monogamous, married woman. Then I remember that I would have to lose 50 pounds and get a fake rack to even be in the runnings.

Well. That's enough for now. I think I need to write my own Bachelor column so I don't take up all your comment space.

Jessica Davis said...

I haven't seen any of this season yet, but I saw a clip of it on another show where they had to beg like dogs at the rose ceremony or something? Seriously people, this show is trash-tastic.

maryam said...

I have all of the episodes on my DVR, just haven't had time to watch them... Now that I've read your post, I've realized one thing... All episodes will be deleted as soon as I publish this comment. It sounds like every other Bachelor show I've ever seen, just with a new tool in charge.

Adrienne said...

lol!! who knew that this would create quite a stir!!

Yes, Bettina has crappy hair, I agree with you Wendy. But I agree with you Ali--what can she do about it?

Also, Maryam, don't get sucked in, but maybe you should because this season is just as entertaining as them all.

Also, Heidi--love that you and Rhett watch the show. Of course you would use the word nasty, in true Smith fashion! Jim used to like it, but now he finds it painful. But he does watch Desperate Housewives with me faithfully, every Sunday night.

And lastly, when Brad adn Jenny were on the roof top kissing, I kep thinking, how awkward would it be to be the camera man! We hear soft music when we watch it, while it slowly fades away. But can you imagine just standing there, staring in silence at two people getting it on, and you can hear the sounds of their kissing!!! That would make me so uncomfortable!!

Heidi said...

I know, I know. But I didn't know at the time that you were deigning to read my little blog. I think you're brilliant, talented and beautiful, too, A. (see I know that as a middle child you need positive reinforcement because I'm a middle child too. . .)

We used to play Bingo at faculty orientation with words like "keys" "copies" etc. So make up the cards. I'll play with you!

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Dear fellow Bachelor watchers-
Reading these 14 comments has kept me thoroughly entertained I have to stop myself from nodding my head in agreement as I read.

You know what kills me....these girls are crying their eyes out when they get eliminated and they've never even kissed (or in McCarten's case their kiss sucked cuz she lip raped him). Get a grip. I think they're just crying because they have to go home and tell all their peeps that they didn't make the cut. Ouch, that's embarassing. Can't wait for Hilary's hyperventilating freak out next week. Bring on more Bachelor! Holla!

Unknown said...

Haven't watched an episode yet, but I'm definitely rooting for Brad and Jenny - if for no other reason than to see our names splashed all over the magazines again. Brad Pitt and Jennifer Aniston got married at almost the same time as us. We planned our weddings together.

Ann Marie said...

I love the show - I too am rooting for Jenny. I thought it was so mean when the girls went through her stuff and pulled out her modeling portfolio a few weeks back and then tried to say she was using it to boost her career etc. THEY were the ones who should not have been going through her stuff! And it is so obvious how much she likes Brad and him her. I think they are cute together.

The McCulloughs said...

Thanks Adrienne. I watch the show and can't wait for the new episode tonight. I do think Jenny is getting a bad rap... those girls are so jealous just because he likes her! And I can't wait for Hilary's breakdown tonight. That must be the reason the producers put her on the show, because she is mentally unstable!! Such good entertainment!! Loved all your friends' comments!! Hopefully you'll do this again!!