So this weekend I ran the Camp Pendleton mud run with my friend Sara and some girls from her ward. It was a 10k (6.2 miles) complete with all kinds of obstacles. Before you really even get started, they spray everyone with a fire hose....I pictured a cool mist--but no, we were immediately drenched. Then throughout the race we jumped over hay bales, went through tires, crawled through tunnels, scaled walls, crawled through mud puddles, and ran ran ran. The hills alone killed me! For some reason, I thought it would be easier than it was....but it was fun and challenging. Our team had to cross the finish line together, and we finished at 1 hour 8 min. Not too shabby! But running with muddy, sopping wet shoes--I felt so heavy. And then we got to take freezing cold showers with 3,500 other muddy people, herding through like cattle! But all in all, it was a lot of fun!
The first picture is Elizabeth in front of one of the first "puddles" that we had to slosh through.

This is one of the walls we had to scale....luckily, a cute Marine was able to give you a boost if you couldn't get over. :)

This is me crawling through the mud....don't let the smile fool you, I wasn't really loving it.

And finally, all of us at the end of the race. Our tank tops were grey so you couldn't really tell, but we were pretty muddy. I'm holding my arm away from my body because I couldn't stand even touching myself!!

And what photo we didn't capture, is our car driving through McDonald's after the race, where I got the biggest cheeseburger they had (seriously, the Angus Deluxe burger was so delicious!) A 10k and a McDonald's extra value meal....I'm such an athlete!
17 comments:
I love it! How fun...and the best part it stopping at Mcdonalds. ha! Good for you girl!
We are athletes! Seriously, I felt like we were as we ran past a team of guys in their early 20's...that was an ego booster for me! I had so much fun, who knew we would be so compatible even in an event like this. I'm starting to think we are soul mates!
I had so much fun with you guys, nice pictures except for the ugly one of me!
1:08! You guys kick a**!
That is AWESOME! I'm in for next year!
your final line sums up the balance I strive to maintain in my life!
That looks like a freakin' BLAST! Sign me up for next year! You girls are hot mommas!
You get an A for Athlete! Yeahh!! I am SOOOO proud of you. I thought about signing up for the mud run, but that's as far as it went. Good thing it wasn't smokey like it is today!! Can you say heart attack?
I forgot to ask...did you have any chaffing issues?
I am definitely in for next year! I actually wanted to do it this year, but wasn't sure how baby rehab would go. :) It looks like so much fun and you look so GREAT!
Wow Adrienne I am impressed... isn't that a pretty good time. I am supposed to run a 10K in a couple weeks, but my friend that I was running with hurt her back, and I don't know if I am going to do it alone. I was wondering how I was going to do it and here you are running through mud, jumping over things, etc. CRAZY!! How much did you run to train for this, just curious. GOOD FOR YOU!!
A, you're so stinking little! How fun for you though. That is a 10k I could get on board with. All 10k's or marathons or whatever should be fun like that.
First of all, serious kudos to you. I don't think I could have done that.
Second of all, your trip to
"Micky Ds" after the race reminded me of our trip to the Maverick after the Provo Freedom Run this summer where at 9 a.m., you, Dad, and I were powering through huge chocolate dough nuts and chugging Diet Coke. Your running buddies sound like my kind of people.
Oh, A. You've always loved to sling a little mud! What a fun run . . . I especially love the picture of you in the mud.
I'm still writing romance novel synopses, apparently for your enjoyment only. Hope you love them (and someday if I'm really brave I'll send you the truly terrible novel itself). . .
Awesome Adrienne - good for you!
Um, this is awesome that you did this. And I don't want people to think my mind is in the gutter...but as I was reading I was thinking "some perv has come up with this race! soaking girls in tank tops with a fire house then making them crawl through mud and cross the finish line holding hands? Then all showering in cold water together? Hmmmm...."
You are such an athlete though.
You guys are awesome! It makes me want to get my butt in gear!!! Good time... I think you guys should do a marathon next!!! :)
I was stoked to see you and Sara for about 3 minutes. You gals are in shape! Maybe I'll be able to keep up next year :)
Are you kidding me? What a riot! What Women! And kudos on the Angus Burger--you deserved every gram of fat on that baby.
Post a Comment