Monday, October 22

The Bachelor

Oh man, tonight's episode was a doozy! Best quote of the night? When Chris Harrison says "the final rose ceremony....when Hillary loses her mind!" lol!

Let's start from the beginning. Bettina's date--still having a hard time getting past her stringy hair. But I didn't think there was that much chemistry between she and Brad, to be honest. I mean, they didn't even kiss! Compared to the other kisses he has had, it seems weird that they didn't get it on! And her comment about how her date sucked....that was lame. Who would say that? in fact, I kind of thought their date was just a bit more real, a bit more down to earth....well, except for the diamond earring part....I would have been pretty T.O.'d about that!

The group date seemed fun, but how lame is Kristi? Seriously, I don't think she got one second of speaking air time this episode. Poor girl....i chalk up her stand-offishness to her bikini--perhaps she didn't feel comfortable running and baring it all sliding down a slip-n-slide. Standing in a bathing suit next to those other 3 girls, you better believe I would have stood perfectly still, sipping my champagne, holding my gut in, and flexing every muscle in my body in an attempt to ward off "the jiggle." And as for Jenny and Brad disappearing to make out in a hammock, sucks to be the other 3 girls just sitting there, knowing they are getting it on.

Ok, on to Sheena's date. Oh her fall....how humiliating! Jim and I rewound it to see Brad's face when she fell....Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman would have never fallen! :) I like Sheena, i guess. She didn't wow me, but the date convo didn't consist of much more than all their remarks about how romantic their surroundings were. And i think balloons are a little cheesy--they remind me of all the wedding receptions i went to in Utah where they tried to convert the cultural hall into some mystical, fairy tale setting....which usually involved throwing up a few white picket fences and stringing balloon arches from one basketball standard to the other.

And finally, Hillary. Oh Hillary.....bless your heart. How can a girl be so dense?? But in her defense, I don't really think Brad was really "shooting her straight" or whatever he kept saying at the rose ceremony. I thought that little speech of his was a bit ambiguous...but to see him say, "I just want to be friends" and she responds with "You should be my friend, lover, husband, and father of my children" was just too much! And at the end, when she was hyperventilating? that was probably because her white dress was crushing her boobs!! But I could go on and on.....what was all that nonsense about Brad going home to shake her dad's hand, and how she wanted her dad to be proud of her....really Hillary? You think your dad would have been proud of you hearing that string of dirty expletives you used describing all the things you wanted Brad to do to you?! Maybe I'm naive, but my imagination couldn't even conjur up what she may have been saying! But her sobbing....it's called dignity....preserve what little you have left and just shut your mouth! But Brad was such a stand-up guy to go outside and comfort her! When he walked toward her and beckoned her, saying "come here, please" he won serious points in my book. But then the poor girl just gushed on and on, while her mascara pooled in black rings around her eyes. It was bad....just plain bad.

So as of now I'm not in love with any of the girls. Most of you will probably disagree, but i sort of like DeAnna again. I think she is so pretty....and I thought the conversation about her butt was great--gotta love the flirtatious banter, right? And Bettina's hometown date looks like a train wreck....

Oh man, I just can't wait until next week!

and p.s. Yes, i am a big fan of using ellipses ...

16 comments:

Hess Fam said...

Where do I start on this perfectly written Bachelor Breakdown. I LOVE it. From Betina's stringy hair with every akward conversation, to sipping your wine to avoid the jiggle. Why don't I live next door to you so you can make me laugh every day. Let's get together...yeah, yeah, yeah!

ali said...

I am glad to see that someone else is "ellipses happy" as am I...

I am also a fan of "quotation marks".

Great write-up! I agree whole-heartedly, other than I am still not sure about DeAnna. I like her when she is with Brad, but she doesn't seem like a kind person to me when shes with the other girls.

I am still rooting for Jenny. Although, last night we didn't see much of her. I think the producers are trying to throw us by showing more of the other girls because clearly she and Brad have some wild chemistry.

I am definitely with you on Hilary's X-rated commentary. I couldn't even fill in the blanks ...clearly I need more excitement in my life.

I did think she was pretty dense to not inquire further when Brad kept mentioning the whole "good friends" bit. Wouldn't you begin to wonder if this guy you loved kept saying he felt like you were a good friend.

And yes...her "girls" were really strapped into that white dress that "she loved and hoped it reminded Brad of a wedding dress". How embarrassing!

Glad Kristy is gone. She was a lame duck. (even though I can definitely relate to the jiggle factor)

I am so excited for next week. I love the home visits and am always surprised by how strange some of the families can be!

And Adrienne...you've really come through for us with these bachelor breakdowns. Keep up the good work!

Elizabeth said...

yo,yo,yo..so I just had to come see if you had something to say about the bachelor. i totally agree with everything you said except for DeAnna, I just can't seem to like her. I think she's really pretty too but she seems ruthless with all of the other girls.
Bettina, I could just die about her hair, it's so not cute, but then again that's probably what people say about my dry, nasty hair too. I can't wait to see her hometown date, i'm so excited. I totally think that Ali is right about not showing Jenny to try and throw us off. I sure hope so, she's the cutest and I feel like he really likes her. I love Brad, but I feel like he's really good at telling every single girl there the right things at the right time.
I can't wait till next week! GO JENNY!

Jenny said...

Crap, Adrienne, now I want to watch.
I love that our idea of "getting it on" is making out in the hammock.
If it's down to 4, I'll probably watch the rest of them. One more thing to add to my "To Do List".

Emily said...

Okay.... you girls said it all! I love your Bachelor write-ups every week Adrienne! I totally agree with Bettina and the hair and I have to laugh at how Jenny called her on the "lame date" comment. She tried to studder out of that one!
Okay, Hillary and the bleep bleep bleep comments about Brad..... I couldn't even imagine what she was saying either! She has got to be so humiliated watching herself on National TV right now. Could you say "tighter corset" man, no wonder she couldn't breathe!
I am rooting for Jenny so far, She has serious chemistry with Brad! DeAnna was bugging me with her mean girl attitude these past few weeks, but maybe she'll surprise me. Can't wait till hometown dates!

SUMMER said...

This episode was a bit of a bore! I feel like there is just not enough time for Brad to really get to know these chicks! Once again, slim pickings! Sheena may be up there with Jenny now. And I was wondering if her boobs were real until they showed her mom next week! She is walking plastic from the face on down. I must say Sheena's boobs are nice though. I hope to have a pair like her's someday. Maybe mine will stay a perky A cup (pathetic) after nursing next time! Yah right, who are we kidding? OK- and then on to Hillary! DO THESE GIRLS NOT LEARN FROM ALL THE PAST SHOWS "WHAT NOT TO DO"? Seriously, they must cast these psychos for our entertaintment b/c the shows would not be the same with out them! And my last thought is that Bettina should wear her hair back more often! Until next week..... can't wait!

Jessica said...

I'm so glad you mentioned how small Hillary's dress was - did you notice it wasn't even zipped up all the way in back? Who could breath in that anyway. How about how she mentioned it was white and maybe that would remind him of marriage... oh goodness. I am so glad that poor sport Kristi is gone. She may have been uncomfortable but after not participating in the stand up routine now she is going to stand this one out too - does she really think she is winning points with him. I know, I'll pick the one that sits in the corner and pouts! NOT! I don't know who I like because I think that I am the best match for Brad... oh wait! I'm married. Sorry honey. Till next week. ;o)

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

I have been waiting days to put my two cents in on the Bachelor and finally the time has come. Holla! Wow, mostly I feel bad for Hilary because now not only does she have to face her disappointed father but she has to face the world with her pathetic self. At least she's got big boobs right? She reminds me of Solisa (or whatever her name was) Miss. I have very high morals, oh but here's a lap dance and I think I'm going to run down the beach naked in front of everybody. Hmm....people need to decide what they're all about before they come on national television and make fools of themselves. It's sad I don't think any of the girls are that great, hopefully one will shine through on the home town dates (I'm not putting my money on Bettina). Until next time.... (that's for you Adrienne)
-B

Wendy said...

Amen to that! Hilary was crazy but playing psycho music everytime they showed her makes her double crazy. Poor girl. Betina is so cut next time. Brad looks pissed, as he should. The nerve. Who does she think she is. Divorce doesn't look good on paper either! DeAnna should be next to go. She acts like she's got some tough girl image to prove all the time. I hope it comes down to Sheena & Jenni. I'm actually really warming up to Sheena lately, even though she makes a snorty face when she smiles.

Wendy said...

Oh I almost forgot. I think Brad did what he could with Hillary. He can't tell her that she won't be getting a rose before hand but he dropped as many hints as he could without violating contracts. No past bachelors have never even bothered to give someone a heads up before. What a gentleman!

Anonymous said...

thank you wendy for mentioning the snorty face that sheena makes. All this time I've titled it as the "bitter beer face", but snorty hits it on the head!

andrea said...

Well said Adrienne. Everything you commented on I said the same to mom as we were watching it. Now that I am back on the west we need to have bachelor monday viewing parties. At this point in the show groups are better then solo.

Jennifer said...

Don't want to bachelor, but starting now! Miss you, let's get together soon. Anyone up for a mall trip in friday?

The McCulloughs said...

Adrienne, when are you going to write a novel? Seriously, you are the funniest person.. EVER! I would totally be entertained and buy it, OK? I know it is Thursday, but I just finally got around to watching this week's episode, so I saved reading your post until I watched it. You basically said it all! None of my friends here are into it, so thanks to you and all your friends in the OC for letting me jump in on your Bachelor Recap Fests! I was laughing so hard that I shed a few tears. All I have to say is poor Hillary... seriously I agree about the breathing... I wouldn't have been able to either with that dress and chest (I admit, I was jealous of them the entire time... them=boobs.) SO now you have started a thing and we all expect this every week.. ok? Oh, and I wish my husband would watch it with me, good for you Jim!

Two Ladies and No Baby said...

Adrienne,
Kate here. Hillary...wow. That girl cannot take a hint. I thought it was super creepy when she said, I want you to meet my dad and shake his hand and look him in the eye and blah blah blah. That was so weird. On another note, Bettina is really starting to bug. I don't get her at all. And what's her face? The girl who doesn't do or say anything? Anyway, what's her face, I would have pushed her in the pool. Next week should be good. Holla Holla Holla

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

Ok, I've never seen the Bachelor, but I could read your comments and all of a sudden be grossly involved. You crack me up!!!

Natalie