So I admit it, I have been reluctant to post a new post because that is going to push Justin's face down on my page! I have really enjoyed seeing his face first thing when I click on my blog. Alas, I have to move on.
Our digital camera is broken because I broke it, according to Jim. I was carrying it around in my purse, but I had neglected to keep it in the highly protective, expensive designer case it was in--Jim's old calculator case. Yes, he decided we could save a few bucks by not buying a case to keep our camera in, so we were using his old school calculator case. The lens or something seems to be jacked up because you can no longer see anything when you look into it....it is completely blurry. But what a piece of crap camera that it got jacked up just by being at the bottom of my purse! It's not like I left it at the bottom of my stroller, exposed to being smashed by diaper bags, mall purchases, snacks and sippy cups! Anyway, so no photos of me or the kiddies until we get a new one!
Okay, so here is the poll for today....my family is going to Maui for a week at the end of October. Jim has made it clear that he is not coming. So if I go, I am going to have to fly by myself, with two kids, with two car seats, on a five-hour flight, with two kids, with a weeks worth of luggage for 3, with two kids, and arrive alone at the airport, with two kids. Am I crazy to even think about attempting it? Is the stress of the nightmare worth a week in Maui (without a husband, mind you)? I am so on the fence about it! And I have tried to work it out to fly with some of my siblings, but it just hasn't worked out. Some days I think, "I am woman, hear me roar!" and the next I think "Are you freaking crazy?" Any thoughts??
Monday, September 24
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



13 comments:
Don't worry about bringing car seats. You can arrange for some with the rental car company. I don't think you are crazy for going. Kate is so good and self sufficent that she won't be a problem. Actually, you probable won't need to worry about Ez if you pack endless snacks and DVD's. The flight will be the worst part but if you can survive Disneyland for 5 hours you can survive a flight. Plus, I'm sure the flight attendants will be really helpful and sympathic. Packing can be really simple too. You don't need that much. Most things you can buy while you're there. Cordinate things like a blow drier, etc. with your siblings.
Absolutely Wendy. That was right on.
Only take enough diapers/snacks/nonsense to get you there. And don't bother with carseats. Just get them in whatever car your riding in. You can totally handle it. It will be so worth it once you're there with your family. 3 kids? maybe not - but the the 2 you got - no problem!
Roarrrrr......hey, by the way....I broke my camera in the bottom of a stroller.
ya. I have a thought...buy me a ticket and I will come with you (as your nanny).
if you are really lucky, I may even bring you pina coladas while soaking up the rays!
Amen to the above comments.
Ali will bring you pina coladas? I can top that if you come. I will watch your kids for one hour every day so you can go to the beach alone (maybe I'll send my kids down with you though), I'll let you borrow my iPod (even though you have your own and mine has no JT on it), and (this is pushing it) I will give Ezra 10 free milk minutes. Ha!
It would be hard, but it's hawaii, who can say no to that? I am all for park day on monday! You are hilarious too, why don't we hang more?
GO. You will always regret if you don't. Especially when your fam is retelling all the cool/funny/awesome things that happened you will want to kick yourself in the crotch for not going. My two cents.
I feel your anxiety though...I am off to NYC with Luc tomorrow, by myself. Not sure I can handle it, but I am going to give it the old college try. I went to the dollar store and bought tons of new toys (read: crap) for him to open AND play with...things he has never seen before. I've got snacks. I'm on jetBlue and they have movies/tv. Hear me ROAR.
Take Cels up on her offer. And go. Maui? Maui?
And P freaking S - what is wrong with Jim? Is it not surf season? Suck it up! Why won't he go? Does he need Kyle to come? Ok...we'll see you there.
Do it. No, don't do it. NO - DO IT! Stop it... don't do it. Ok that is enough - just do it! @#$%!!!!
I would be on the fence too! It would really be fun though... come on- it's Maui! Last question though... is it compliments of your family or are you going to have to fork out the cash? That would be a weighing factor!!!
Ditto! You can do it Adrienne! Bring lots of new coloring/activity books for Kate. Ditch the carseats and bring an umbrella stroller. It's Maui!!! Especially if you have family when you get there to help you.
So Summer to answer your question, my parents will buy one ticket of the two I will have to buy, and then they will pretty much pay for everything else (cars, lodging, food, etc.). So I have to fork out about $500 bucks is all....not too bad. I think I might just do it....maybe I should give my kids a little Benadryl so they will be extra sleepy! Oh wait, did I say that out loud?!
I'm saying "Do It"! I have done many flights with 2 and 3 kids by myself....of course usually the flight is like 2 1/2 hrs and then switch planes ( running thru airport so we don't miss the next flight with 3 kids and our stuff)and then another 1 hr. flight and then a 2 hr. drive....We survived. But 5 hr. straight on the plane is a little different. You can handle it though. The benedryl isn't a bad thought.
-Julie
Adrienne, I have been thinking about my response to this post and even talked to Kim about it because I was on the fence (like Summer). I think you should go. It seems like things like this suck at times, but in the end it is worth it. Their will probably be times when your like 'why the heck did I do this?' but you'll look back at all the fun times you had with your fam and be glad you did it. Also, be careful of the benadryl. I have given it to Taggart 2 times (not on airplanes, really for allergies...) and both times he slept worse for his naps- I think it does the opposite for him. So maybe do a trial run before so you don't end up with them wired on the plane! Good Luck and let us know how it goes. We are going to Maui in January and I am super nervous about the flight (my kids will be the same age approx. as yours are now) Let me know what to expect and the tricks of the trade to get them to sleep and stay occupied! Again- GOOD LUCK!!!!
Post a Comment