It is even too hot for the pool, if that's possible. And it doesn't help to be wearing 52 layers of clothing, either. Even my kids notice it....Kate just dreads getting in her car seat--it is only seconds before I hear "mom, my neck is sweaty!" Oh the dog days of summer.....at least I'm not pregnant like I was last summer, the hottest summer in California's history. But bring on my fall faves, such as:
comfort food, like chili
zip-up hoodies
hot chocolate
a fire in the fireplace
my barefoot dreams throw, used while watching
t.v.!!!!
treats made with pumpkin
jeans
seat warmers in my car
pumpkin patch
and any activites done outside in "jacket" weather!
Sigh......I mean, honestly, is a fall like this too much to ask for??



12 comments:
Amen, sista!
I would consider moving to Utah just to be there for the Fall. I love it. I want to put on jeans and a sweater right now just thinking about it, but i guess that wouldn't be smart. The only thing about the Fall that I don't love (your list is right on by the way) is football season...gag!
oh, adrienne! every single thing you said, i've been thinking!! i'm at the point where i'm actually saying "i hate the summer". i want fall to come so bad, i love every thing on your list and can't wait till it comes!!! let's go to lunch and gripe together about it... and shop for jeans & boots!
luckily Jim doesn't watch football, so the only way that affects my life is when I turn on the tv to watch something, and it is stupid Monday night football. And football season seems to go on and on!!
First of all, at least you have cleavage that gets sweaty!
Second, you could live in the I.E. where it has been 110 for the past 3 days.
Third, when you do start making those pumpkin treats, can you send me some in the mail?
Don't worry I am already listening to Christmas music... that is how ready I am!
Adrienne, I'll see your cleavage sweat problem, and I'll raise you 3 cup sizes. Nursing sucks in that department - and you can't wear a good enough bra to just lift the darn things up in the first place. It can't taste good, all that sweat I mean. Then there's those 52 layers of clothes. AAAARRRGGGGHHHH. The only thing that has saved me this week was having Cate with my mother-in-law for a whole day, and me curled up in my bed with the A/C on full blast with Edward, then Jacob, then Edward. Oh what sweet relief it gave me. Then I had to snap out of it, and finish Cate's school shopping while she was still gone - So I didn't have the persistent "Oh, but please, I'll be SOOOO good. I really need this pair of shoes. Look, they're making my feet dance..." As well as everything else that's in her sight. Look for a post coming soon!
And, to Summer: I just decided your name should just be Noel! It's August, chick! Christmas comes too fast for me every year. I always feel behind, but at least this year, I won't be puking everyday. I might actually put up a witch or a turkey, or a Christmas tree.
lol Jenny! now see, I'm wondering if you will read this....will you know to check back under my comments since you didn't exactly leave a question?
I have Eclipse just sitting, waiting for me, but my whole family is staying with me this weekend so I think i will just save it for after they leave so I can dive in and commit until it's done (two days :). But my hands are itching to open it.....
I want to run through that fall foliage on Edward's back!! lol!
OOOOHH I hear ya sister!! Try living in St. George, yup, this weekend it should be about 104 degrees! I am soooo ready for fall too. We moved from Logan, which has the most beautiful fall weather ever, I miss it, but not the winter at all. So I just try and think of how horrible it was to scrape of my windshield, drive in the snow, etc. and then I realized that the heat isn't so bad! It'll happen soon, I totally am just ready for mid nineties. That will feel cool to me! take care!
Adrienne,
I always check back when I think someone might actually have something more to say. I'll be done with Eclipse in about an hour! School shopping be damned!
Oh I can't agree with you more. I have my kids locked in our air conditioned house because I don't want to go anywhere. They want to play outside with the neighbors and I won't let them. I'm so mean, but it is TOO HOT!
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year and I hear you about the heat. All I can say is I don't believe I will EVER be so pregnant in the summer again.
Post a Comment