So my little boy is one-years old! Where did the time go?! I wrote a letter to him each month for his first year, and the other day I wrote his one-year letter, and I cried while typing it. I felt like I was saying good bye to my baby! We have loved having our Ezra in our family; the past year was so much fun, and we're looking forward to the next!
So his birthday party was at our house, and it was a balloon party (I did my best to show that with the cupcakes). We had such a good time, eating pizza, playing games, having cake, and playing with all of our friends. But the highlight of the party, that will never be forgotten, was the "entertainment" that I hired. I thought a balloon artist would be so fun for the kids, so I searched the internet and found a local guy named Don. He had some good reviews on his web page, and was affordable, so I hired him. Well, he pulls up and I took one quick glance at him and just had to laugh....out loud. He pulled up front on his scooter, and I couldn't believe my eyes. He was probably in his late 30's, had tattoos and a buzzed mohawk, quite a beer belly, and the best part--he was missing his bottom six teeth. Words can't describe how comical the situation became when I realized this person standing in front of me was the man I hired to entertain all the small children at the party. I almost felt like I should apologize to all the moms for exposing their kids to him...he looked like an ex-con! His magic tricks weren't great, and all the adults just did their best to keep a straight face while he put on a show. Fortunately for me, young, innocent kids don't judge people by their appearances, and I think they were genuinely entertained by all of the balloon figures he made (which were pretty fun, I admit). It was classic....it defintely gave my party "character." I should just let the pictures of Don do the talking, but my pictures just don't do him justice--I couldn't capture the true essence of Don through a photo.
But Happy Birthday little Ez....I could not love you more!
Saturday, August 25
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





10 comments:
oh goodie! I've been waiting for this post, but now I am REALLY sad we missed out. I have to say, your description of Don was much better than the pictures. I'll take your word for it. A close-up of his "chops" would have been good.
Ez looks so cute with his frosting. and move over Martha Stewart with the cute balloon cupcakes! Sad that our little boys are so grown up. Now just let me wipe the tear from my eye that we live in BFE....
What a fun party that was...Don was great, what else can you expect from a balloon artist?? ha ha.
I am definitely sad we don't live closer. Henry kept laughing out loud at the pictures -- how sad is that? Poor little guy doesn't even get it that he missed all the real fun.
Scott, Henry, and I were looking at the slideshow and we (Scott and I) both laughed when we got to Don. The best part is Henry said, "Holla." Don't ask me where he got that but Don definitely deserves a Holla!
Scott was especially jealous of Don's "balloon caddy" (he just made that up, i think. do those "ballon tool belts" even have a name?).
I absolutely LOVE the balloon cupcakes. So cute! I can't believe your little man is 1!
Don is classic! That will be a funny memory to tell Ezra about his first b-day! I still can't believe our babies are 1! Weren't we just pregnant with them? SO sad!!
oh, your description of Don was hilarious!! and you do put Martha to shame with your killer cupcakes and decorating skills. i love the balloon theme! ok, we are getting together this week for sure... one last trip to waterpark? Happy Birthday Ezra!!
That was a fun night. My girls had a blast and it was nice for me to get out. Brett wants to run a background check on Don...that would be interesting!
Oh Christy, that would probably put me over the edge if I found out my balloon artist had a "rap sheet". Seriously, how was a girl to know? But the kids had fun, so I guess who cares, right?
Hahahahahehehe. Heee he hehaha haha hehehahahehehahaha! Oh I love Don - so CLASSIC.
Happy snappy birthday Ezra!
What a cute little man! I love his haircut too! Happy Birthday!!!
Post a Comment