Friday, August 17

Where are my babies?

So my kids have both had a milestone in the past couple of days. Kate got a big girl bike. It is not very girly, but this way little Ez can use it when she grows out of it. She loves her bike, and asks to ride it all the time. You know those moments when you step out of a situation, and see your kids in a different light? Well, watching Kate cruise around our cul-de-sac was one of those moments. She seems so grown up.
And Ezra's milestone was getting his first hair cut. He was a dream. The stylist made a remark about what a good baby he was, and I thought that most babies at 11 months are too young to be scared or make a fuss, but apparently that is not so. Several people have told me their kids hated it from the very first cut. I guess I'm lucky that Ezra didn't seem to mind. He looks so adorable, and so big. Why does a little less hair immediately make kids look four years older? How they grow....

14 comments:

Celia said...

Adrienne! Seriously! His Peter Priesthood hairdo is the cutest thing ever! Every mom with a little boy knows exactly what you're talking about -- post-haircut, you just have to pinch their cheeks every time you glance at them. I think Kate sometimes looks a lot like you in some of her pics. It's crazy!

Wendy said...

Ezra couldn't be any cutier! What a cutie pie. Does Kate already know how to peddal? She does looks so grown up, with the LONG pony tails and all!

Sara Decker said...

Big kids. Haircuts on boys kill me. They are different kids, they get five years older the instant they get a hair cut. You can all of a sudden see their face. Ez! And Kate's bike is awesome, too bad the salesmen were lame brains.

Jenny said...

Nope, it doesn't get much cuter than those two!

Jessica said...

The hair cut it so cute - he looks so big now! Ah....

Kim said...

Your kids are so dang cute! I think it's the first time I've seem them! Darling!!!

Anonymous said...

jack will be four before he gets his first haircut. What a handsome little man! And Kate...is she THAT old? So adorable!

kristy said...

watching them grow is just bittersweet!! i only have ONE 9 month old and already i'm sad he's so big and on the go. i can't imagine what it will be like in the next few years. yours are absolutely darling. love kate's new bike and little ez getting his haircut was the cutest thing i've ever seen. we need to have you guys over for dinner again!! let's plan it soon.

Wendy said...

good to know that Kate wears a helmet standing inside the house but not outside riding a bike. haha. too cute. i think Tess has the same helmet.

Adrienne said...

that's funny Wendy--you are so observant! We got her bike but the helmet was still too big for her, so we let her ride anyway. Could those helmets be any bigger? They're so huge!

Christy said...

Seriously, Ezra is too cute getting his haircut. It's true, your kids do look so grown up in these pictures. Time for #3!!

Lori said...

I like that cute red bike. It's perfect for both boys and girls. Also, I love the first haircut. Too cute!

Melissa said...

Kate's bike rules! It's so retro...very cool. And the pic of her chin down looking up is SOOOOOO you.
Onto Ez - the.cutest.ever. I love him!
Time flies...

ali said...

oK....I'm waiting.....where are the pictures of Ezzy's first birthday bash?

Talk about missing a blogging moment!