Wednesday, August 8

Happy 31st Birthday Jimmy!

Oh, Jim, look how far you've come! This is Jim, back in his glory days, surfing his days away in "H.B." Jim and I have a relationship where we usually entertain those around us by making fun of one another....a laugh at each other's expense. So it is not as natural for me to sing Jim's praises, but seeing as it his birthday and all, I would like to say what a great guy he is. He is the best father to our kids, and a wonderful husband (despite what I may say sometimes.)

Yes, this is really Jim. Look at that hair!
Having grown up in Utah, I still think it's hot that my husband is a legit surfer.

Wonder Dad!

So in honor of his 31st birthday, here are 31 things I love about Jim, in no particular order:
1. He is the best father--my kids adore him.
2. I have never met anyone who loves ice cream more than Jim.
3. Jim is the most flexible grown man I have ever met.
4. On our very first date, I came to Jim's house, and he didn't come downstairs for about 15 minutes because he was determined to finish a math problem he was working on.
5. Jim has the stretchiest skin that I love to pinch.
6. Jim can eat two hamburgers, but not if there is cheese on them.
7. Jim has a level of patience that is just not normal.
8. When Jim loves a movie, he can quote every line, word for word.
9. Jim has more clothes than I do, and he loves to shop.
10. He has overcome his need to use latex gloves.
11. Jim is tone deaf, and musically retarded. ; )
12. I don't know anyone who loves fruit as much as Jim.
13. Jim is fiercely loyal to his brothers, and they are his best friends.
14. The most even person I know.
15. He loves to spend money, but is smart enough to still save and invest.
16. Jim was featured in the New Era growing up, and had some lady fans around the globe as a result.
17. Ambition is Jim's middle name--his ability to focus is unreal.
18. Sleep is considered a waste of time...in fact, it angers Jim that he has to do it every night.
19. Jim was Homecoming King, and he maintains it's because he was friends with the jocks AND the math dorks. Yet, the guy was so A-social that he spent his lunch hour in his math class, doing his homework while eating half a pb and j.
20. Jim loves his kids more than anything, and he displays that daily.
21. Surfing is still his passion, and no one looks better in a wet suit! ; )
22. Jim had all the chapter headings in the B of M memorized on his mission, and was known for being such a diligent missionary. In fact, I actually went on a date with a guy who served in the same mission as Jim, and he said that everyone knew Elder Zimmerman and what a hard working missionary he was (he never let his companions stop for lunch).
23. Jim still fits into all of his clothes from high school, but has the sense enough to no longer try to wear them.
24. Jim doesn't ever drink milk or water, only soda, juice, and Gatorade.
25. Jim knows the words to every song written by Guns N Roses AND Barry Manilow.
26. The guy doesn't sweat, and doesn't have to use deodorant.
27. Jim got in trouble by the principal in middle school for kissing his skanky girlfriend in the hall--I love that story!
28. Jim has an incredibly strong testimony of the church; it has never wavered for a single second in his 31 years.
29. Jim is impossible to fight with, because he doesn't get angry and he rarely raises his voice.
30. The guy has never held a grudge in his life (cough....lawsuit....cough), and is able to forgive so quickly.
31. I know that no matter what happens, Jim will always take care of me and our kids--he is a wonderful provider and an amazing example in our home.
I know my list used a lot of absolutes, words like "never" or "always", but Jim is that black and white....what you see is what you get. Happy Birthday babe! We love you!!!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Slice? I love it! Very nice Adrienne - 31!!!! Happy Birthday JIM!

Annalee said...

Very Nicely said Adrienne. Happy Birthday Jim.

Jessica Davis said...

He had some killer hair! I love the things you said about him. He must be an amazing guy! :)

Anonymous said...

oh that's sweet. Troy's birthday was yesterday and I didn't do a tribute on my blog. I hope he doesn't see this one.

It is impressive to see that Jim was one step ahead on the Uggs fad. and the hair all tousled and wind swept.

Wendy said...

Some of my personal favorites are: 5, 10, 23, 27, 30. Happy Birthday Jim! Adrienne, you always have me laughing. If you are ever in need of an audiance, i'm here for ya.

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday Jim! I loved reading those things about him and what he is to you.
PS - it's SO hot that your hubby is a legit surfer.

SUMMER said...

SO both the men in your life have August Birthdays! That is great! Happy B-day to both Jim and then soon Ezra! Can you believe our little babies are going to be 1? It makes me really sad... it went by way too fast!!!

Sara Decker said...

aaahhhh, that is sweet. Happy Bday Jim...I'm suprised that I learned so much from that list, we talk everyday Adrienne and I didn't know a lot of that stuff.

Christy said...

That is such a sweet post. Happy Birthday, Jim! I remember he gave a talk in church once and didn't have any notes and didn't open his scriptures once...he had them all memorized. What a great guy you have!

Anonymous said...

shoot. troy saw it. I'm chopped liver. thanks adrienne for making me look bad. did you bake a homemade carrot cake with finely shredded baby carrots...each one yielding a teaspoon at a time? (ok. I'm just trying to make myself feel better)

Unknown said...

I am dying over his hair! That is classic. You should print out this list and keep it on your fridge to look at every day. I need to be reminded of things on a daily basis!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jim!! It is kind-of sad you got rid of the latex gloves. I thought it was a great idea. I make Richie use them when he eats his favorite food "messies" (cheetoes).

Ann Marie said...

Hey Adrienne -

I was so happy to hear from you on my site! I love your blog - super cute! Great list about Jim, I was cracking up! Love the hair too!

Tracy said...

Happy late-Birthday Jim!