Monday, July 9

My big girl








So today was Kate's first day at Montessori preschool. I cannot believe she is starting school! Jim and I took her this morning after A LOT of dialogue about "pretty school" (I just couldn't bring myself to correct her!), and how much fun she would have. Before she even went there, she had it in her mind that she would "do activities, play instruments" and "teach my kids how to read." Where that came from, who knows.


Anyway, I was a little anxious when we dropped her off because she had started to figure out the last few days that I wasn't going to be staying with her. She was pretty reluctant this morning to go in, and was clinging to Jim, but once Ms. Helen asked her how old she was, and when her birthday was, Kate lit right up. And by the time we walked out, our baby girl had already sat down for "circle time." I managed to hold it together until I got in the car, but then I had a "moment." When I went and picked Kate up, I watched her sitting at a table, eating her little lunch, just talking and singing to no one in particular, and I felt such joy and pride. I just can't believe my baby girl is so big! Where have the last three years gone??


7 comments:

Melissa said...

I got goosebumps when you told me she was going to pre-school and got teary eyed reading this. I can't believe it!
She is too adorable, I love the "scene" of you picking her up, singing and eating like she was born to do this.
Does Montessori have cheerleaders? Kate can put some BOOM in it!

Anonymous said...

FUN STUFF!!! I always love the pictures. This is such a good way for me to get them. I'll call today and check on her "second" day at Montessori! Every day is going to be a new experience. Love ya, Vicki

Christy said...

Those pictures are so cute. I love the one of Kate clinging on to Jim. I felt like crying reading this for some reason. I think I am picturing dropping off Eliza at Kindergarten and it is already making me emotional. For some reason I don't get emotional thinking of taking Avery to preschool. Is it because she is going to the same school Eliza went to or is it I am SO ready for her to go?

ali said...

I am glad to see that I am not the only one that felt like crying after reading about your "moment" in the car. She is such a big girl...and SO precarious, or is that precocious? ha.

Jenny said...

I can't believe your kids are getting so old! Enjoy your "me" time with just you and Ez. By the way, I love that Nick got to share his Dora cake with Kate!

Anonymous said...

That is really sweet. I'm sure it will get easier - but this is a lot for such a tiny little girl.

Anonymous said...

looks the the Montessori just up the street from us. What made you pick that school? Kaili starts this fall too at Miss Shirly's. Kate is darling!