Wednesday, June 20

vacation...i hope!

okay, so the kiddies and I are off to Utah tomorrow for 16 days. My loving husband refused to pull the trigger on buying his flight, so I went ahead and bought mine well before he did. So then Jim buys his ticket, only to fly up 24 hours after me. Pretty sure I could have waited 24 hours for him to help me fly up with the kids, but whatever. So I am flying alone, with two kids, two car seats, stroller, diaper bag full of tricks for the flight, and three weeks worth of luggage, while Jim, Blair, and Kim will peacefully fly up the very next afternoon. What's up with that??

I am really looking forward to the trip--my littlest brother Nick is coming home from his mission Friday night, so all 7 kids in my family will be at my mom's house. All 13 grandkids....should be chaotic and fun. I will probably not be blogging at my mom's house in Payson, because get this, she still has dial-up internet!! Dial up internet these days is the equivalent of still using one of those gigantic gray cordless phones that were very first used by construction workers. Remember those? Anyway, it makes Jim crazy....I don't even check my e-mail if I don't have to because I don't have the patience!

Anyway, crazy to think when I come back it will be July already (!), but I'm going to return geared up for the pool, the beach.....and preschool!!!

6 comments:

ali said...

have fun with your bro! who am I going to call for 16 days? good luck navigating the airport with two kids!

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the airport... luckily your kids are pretty well behaved (to think of Owen... ahh... I just can't) Have fun and as Owen says "Party Time!"

Christy said...

Oh you will be fine on the airplane. All of the stuff you have to take is the hassle. Have a FUN time in Utah. We did the same thing two years ago when my brother came home. It is so much fun!

dd... said...

What's up Adrienne!

I am so happy to see that you have a blog! That sounds so rough taking with two kids all by yourself... you are amazing! Hopefully we will run into each other sometime during your visit up here in the next 16 days. I hope you are prepared for this heat wave that has settled down here... it can get a little overwhelming at times.

Love, Tracy

kristy said...

Hopefully you are flying Southwest because they will be all over that! I flew alone to DC w/Rowan and I was PAMPERED (to say the least), personal escort to my gate when I changed planes, they were so accomodating. On our last flight to Seattle, one of the flight attendants took Rowan and carried him around introducing him to all the other passengers for like 20 minutes... I'm a huge Southwest advocate... They are my heroes. You guys will have so much fun! We will be in Utah too next week! Then I'm going to Idaho for 3 weeks! Maybe we could meet up... and for sure, July we'll be hitting up the pool/beach.

Wendy said...

Adrienne-
Couldn't Jim take one of the kids with him? He's sneaky. Anyway, have fun up there. We can't wait to hit up all the hot spots when you get back.