So tonight Jim took Kate to see the movie "Surf's Up", and on the way home Kate said, "I want to go home and see Mommy." Jim asked her, "How come?" to which Kate replied, "Because I love her." Awwww.....now doesn't that just warm your heart? It always amazes me how motherhood can be so challenging, but in one split second, your kids can say or do something that totally turns the tables and makes you realize how much you love being their mom!
So one point for Kate on the cute scale, but Ezra, between the hours of 8 p.m. and 7 a.m., gets no points whatsoever! Can someone please explain to me why my almost 10-month old is still getting up at night, crying for no apparent reason?? After a rather eventful night last night, with two different rounds of hour long crying spells in the night, I got up and took Ez to the dr., convinced he had an ear infection again. But nope, he got a clean bill of health--so what is his matter then?? Jim soothed, rocked, and bounced him; I nursed him (twice!), sang to him, and held him. To no avail--he kept right on wailing. To anyone who has never felt such a barrage of emotions at one time, try listening to a crying baby in the wee hours of the night. I hear a baby start crying at night and I immediately feel anxiety, followed by concern, then worry, then frustration ,then helplessness, then anger, then sadness, then rage, and on and on in a big cyclical pattern. It is a profound experience, and I envy those who can simply hear a baby cry and simply think, "It is what it is..." and roll back over (i.e. Jim!). So with that being said, I better revert to "newborn" mode and hit the hay asap, since Ezra will inevitably be waking up any minute now and he already has a 3 hour headstart on bedtime!



6 comments:
How is that perfect baby boy, who never makes a peep during the day, act like that at night? I'm so sad for you. I have no idea what to tell you...take a Tylenol PM and try to sleep through it? Who knows.
not to brag, but my baby always sleeps through the night. Babywise worked for me. ha. just kidding. I have never heard a better description of the emotions felt when enduring a baby's cry. it is so true!
Rough night! That's such a bummer. But you make me laugh. Just reading about your night makes me feeli like I was there.
Poor Ezie... I wonder if he was having a nightmere about sweaty heads. :) That sucks - I hope when you quit nursing things will change. Sometimes they become more independant all around.
NIce! There is a new blogger out there. I am hooked! Cute kids
Oh poor little Ez... I'm so sorry you have to endure that?! But I'm sure hearing little things from Kate gives you hope that Ez is going to outgrow this and be the sweet little boy that he is who loves his mommy (and will let her sleep...) I'm with you, I hate hearing babies cry. It's terrible, it gives me anxiety! So, let's recup and hit the waterpark sometime!
Post a Comment