Sunday, June 17

"Ode to Sweaty Sleep"

Little Ez post nap--what a sweaty head!

In thinking of starting up a blog, I kept envisioning a post titled, "Ode to (Blank)", depending on what I was thinking about. So to kick off the old blog, I am going to start with my first post, titled "Ode to Sweaty Sleep."


For those of you who know me well, you know that I actually like to sweat while I sleep. I love to wake up with your clothes all stuck to you and your pillowcase damp, because in my mind it signifies a really good, deep, sleep--especially naps! Most people I know hate to wake up sweaty, but it doesn't bother me, which is a good thing becuase I wake up every single night quite sweaty (that sounds so attractive, doesn't it?). The only drawback to this is when I get up to go feed Ezra in the night, I have to come back and lay down on cold, wet sheets. I don't really love that.


Perhaps being a sweaty sleeper is hereditary, because both of my kids take after their mom in this department. Kate and Ezra have awoken many a time, with their shirts clinging to them and their hair all wild with sweat. For their sake, I hope they can learn to love it like I have!

7 comments:

Jessica said...

I love the post - I remember doing an "Ode to the excersaucer" for Owen's scapbooking page. I messed up on the letters though - so it's a bitter sweet memeory. I am one who does NOT like to sweat in her sleep. But I'm sure you already know that. Keep the posts coming.

Wendy said...

Love it. I knew you would be fun to read and so creative. Love the title.

Melissa said...

Excitement NOT containable. Hooray for A! Hooray for the Zimmerman clan! Hooray for blogs! This is blog-tastic yo!
I can't believe Ez is so grown up and little-boy-looking instead of a baby. And he got those gorgeous blue eyes - lucky!
I will be stalking your blog so keep me entertained. I know you can do it.

Jenny said...

Oh Adrienne,
Ditto to everything you said about sleeping sweaty. I do feel bad for my kids though. They don't know what they have in store for the rest of their lives. I even pick up little Mack and there is a wet spot the exact size of his head underneath him. I definitely think it is hereditary because Brad is always commenting on how he has a "human heater" next to him at all times!
By the way - yeah for your blog. As soon as I get his birth announcements done...(I keep saying that, yet where are they???)

Christy said...

Adrienne, I'm feeling the pressure now...you too! Good for you. It looks great so far and I love the pictures of Ezra waking up. I love my kids the most when they first wake up. Why is that?

kristy said...

Hello, hello! Welcome to this crazy blogging world, it's so fun, you are in for it now though... it can take over your life... you'll purposefully take pictures and FIND things to blog about. Thank you for your comment! Yes, my finger is all but better now (thanks to my Dr. Hubby, he really fixed me up!) but I will share the secret of the background stuff... it takes some major patience, but worth it! Call me sometime and I will walk you through it, or better yet... meet me at the waterpark, I'll bring my laptop and we'll do it there! So glad you love Ladera... now when are you guys moving here? :)

ali said...

dude. you're in! I am glad to see you finally succumb to peer pressure. I know it will be a favorite read!