We have also officially moved Ezra out of his crib and into Kate's bed. Her bunk bed has a double bed on the bottom, and they sleep together on that. Eventually Kate will probably move up to the top bunk, but for now, they both love it! It has been 3 weeks and we have never heard one peep from either of them all night long (except for the first night when Jim put Ez on the outside edge and he rolled off the bed and started crying--rookie mistake). But I love it--it just melts my heart to go in and check on them every night and see their entangled limbs and blankets. Ez has taken to it like a champ. In fact, whenever he gets sleepy now he says, "Kate's bed."

I worried so much about this transition for nothing. Now we just need to work on getting rid of his binky, which he only gets for nap and bed time. It's like the saying, "If a tree falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?" If Ezra uses a binky, but no one is around to see it, is it really a problem that needs to be remedied before baby #3 arrives? I keep pushing it back....I said I would take it away when he turned 18 months, then 2, then when we moved him from his crib mid-Sept. I said I would take it away by the first of October. And here we are, October 11th, and he still has it. Oh well....all in due time.
But for now the nursery is not being used. The crib is empty, just beckoning for a new tenant. And in 7 more weeks, it will once again be occupied. It is crazy to even think about. I am not necessarily anxious for a newborn, but I am steadily growing tired of being pregnant. If one more person comments on the size of my stomach, and how I must be due "any day now," I am going to go crazy! Honestly, what am I supposed to say to that? Nope, 7 more weeks, I'm just huge! But I'm not kidding, I get at least 3 comments like that a week, including comments from my husband. Jim has told me multiple times that I am for sure as big now as I was when I delivered both of our other two kids! Gee....thanks babe. But how sad...looking at both of these pictures I think he might be right!! Yikes!
This picture was taken one week before Ezra was born.
And this lovely photo was taken today.
.jpg)
Is it possible that I'm even bigger now with so much time still left to go?? I was looking at my stomach and I said to Jim, "What if this little girl is huge?" And then I said, "Or worse, what if she's not and I just am!" Oh well...it is what it is, I guess. But I have to end this post with a picture of my little boy who in the last month has grown up so much. He is talking up a storm, developing so much personality, and getting so big. He is so cute and it makes me so sad that he is about to be replaced.



10 comments:
NO! I can't believe they subjected you to that. For nothing!
I can't believe after how many thousands of year women have been having babies and people still lack tact. What will it take for people to learn? I used to feel sorry for them and dismiss the comment quickly so that we all wouldn't feel too uncomfortable for long. That got me no where! I don't hold any punches anymore. I make them look me in the eye while their comment lingers. Idoits!
I say let him have the binki. Naps are essential at this age. For everyone. I know 3 sounds old but I think it worked out great. I could rationalize with Tess and she didn't cry once. Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
You stomach is not that big at all. And that last picture of Ezra is so cute!
That picture is so sweet of them in the same bed together. So cute!
p.s. I do not consider Ez is a binky baby. Let him have it!
Dude look at Ez winning the binky battle. I had mine until I was four and look how good I turned out.
Geez Adrienne it seems like only yesterday your baby counter said only 257 days left, oh how time flies. Holla 7 weeks left!
-Becca
Okay, you are NOT that big. I was picturing monstrosity over here. Maybe I don't think it's that big because that's exactly how I look and I just need to make myself feel a little better as that time is right around the corner for me.
p.s. Can mow hawked Ez come over and play?
adrienne! you are so cute preggers! loves it.. i miss yoU! when i come home for xmas you me keileigh and everyone has to get together... maybe another diving bell and the butterfly movie?? ha ha!
First off, you look great. Second, binki's will go when they go. Third, Ez isn't going to be replaced his cuteness will only be added upon as you watch him interact with his newest sibling. Love the photo, he's such a babe!
embrace the stomach, adrienne! mine does the same thing and I kinda like it. You look great. I always love the way a big stomach tightens up the love handles and makes the limbs look SKIN-NAY!
I am enamored with that picture of the kids sleeping together. does it get cuter than that?
Let him keep the pacifier! I regret taking it away from Layla, even though she was 2. By the way, has anyone told you that you look like you're going to pop?! J/K. You look great! You're all belly!
He is ADORABLE! Looks like a little surfer is on his way.
Post a Comment