Kate and my mom have always had a great bond. They call each other their "BFF's". Kate talks about her grandma a lot at school, and once I heard her teacher say, "Which grandma? Your BFF?" So awhile ago Kate's teacher Miss Helen told me that if my mom was ever in town, she should come and work in Kate's classroom. So I mentioned that to my mom, and in true fashion, one month later she came with a whole presentation for the class. She had a flannel board story, a witch song/game to play, two Halloween books to read, and then a little Halloween goodie bag for each kid filled with stickers, a copy of the song she taught them, and a couple pieces of candy. It was great. I could just tell Kate was so proud to have her grandma there. My mom is great like that...she goes above and beyond as a grandma.
I love this picture of Kate. She was so eager for the class to participate in my mom's activities.



After circle time, my mom stayed to help the kids do their Montessori work. She was like the pied piper...all the kids were trying to do their work on the tiny little table she was sitting at.

Even little Ez got in on the action. Ezra has always loved boys and dads. He loves this boy named Henry in Kate's class. He sat on his lap for most of circle time, even though Henry looked like he was going to get crushed underneath him.

Thanks mom for being such a fun grandma!!
8 comments:
Great! Can we book her for Miss Laurie's Preschool on her next visit???
That truly is Mom at her finest. She is so great with stuff like that.
I wonder why Ezra has attached himself to a boy named Henry ... name association, I wonder???? Mysterious....
Give it up for Kay! She really is so amazing at things like this and I love her for it! I love how she gets so into it! What a special day! Oh, and I love the pic with Ez sitting on that boy Henry! LOL!
That is one of the nicest things. What a great grandma.
That's hilarious, I can just picture her. A bunch of stuff in my classroom I have thanks to Kay. She's a special gal!
-Becca
That is so cute. Your mom IS good like that. Kate will never forget that I'm sure.
Your mom is pretty good looking I think....
Your mom is so cool! Maybe she could come sub for me with my Junior Primary singing time...I have no creative ideas. I love that picture of Ez sitting on the boy's lap. Hilarious.
Post a Comment