Starting the day off, with KAte in her cute little visor.

All the times I have been to the Shamu show, it is so crowded we're never able to sit right in the middle, where Shamu comes up on the platform. Well, this time we did and it was cool to see such a big whale up close.

And we sat in the second to last row in the "soak zone" and I assured Jessica that we would not be splashed more than a couple of drops. Well, that wasn't the case. We got drenched!! I had Ez on my lap, who was so unassuming, he didn't even turn his head! I'm embarassed to say I not only ducked my head to the side, but I sort of crouched down behind Ez's body! But my hairdo was still ruined.

Jessica's two little boys and Ezra just immediately started sobbing. Jessica and I immediately went into a silent laugh because what else can you do? It so hilarious! But in my defense, a woman behind us said, "I have been to this show hundreds of times and I have never gotten this wet this high up!" So who knows, Shamu was on one that day I guess!!
Kate and Fletcher, sharing a frozen lemonade.

And Ez, my little dream boy, just taking a little afternoon nap.

Here are just a few more pics from the day. I'm sure it was the pregnancy hormones, but I was just so....touched....all day by my kids. I was tearing up in the Shamu show in the blazing heat of the afternoon. It is so cheesy but I think the magnitude of such an enormous creature combined with my children's awe made me so emotional. It is so fun and so rewarding to experience things with your kids. For some reason, this trip to Sea World just made me marvel at how my kids took everything in with such enthusiasm and excitement, and such sheer joy in being together with their cousins. It was a good day.




.jpg)
Then for Labor Day (I know, it was two weeks ago!) we went down to Laguna Beach with our usual gang of the 3 Zimmerman boys, wives, and kids in tow. I can count on one hand how many times I have gone to the beach with Jim, rather than by myself with the kids, so it was a lot of fun. I pretty much parked myself in my beach chair and just took in the action around me. On days like this day, it makes me feel so lucky to have such fun family around. I think it is rare to find 3 brothers, who are inseparable, even in their adult years. But when you watch them together, you can see why they like being together so much. And I just feel grateful that I get along with Tiffany and Jessica so well. Our kids will be so lucky to grow up with so many of their cousins around them.
Seriously, where does Kate get these poses? I say "Kate, smile!" and this is what I get! She is a crack-up!

This little boy has my heart, of that I'm certain.

One fun thing about the 3 Zimmerman boys being together is they all lose their "business adult" fronts and act like 3 rowdy teenage boys. And if you know Jim, it is refreshing to see him let loose a little. Here is a picture of them all trying to body surf...and I would like to mention that they requested I capture this event. :)


Here are all the cousins, and Skylar's friend. This picture was quite possibly perfect of all the kids. That's rare!
.jpg)
Ezra loves Mike! This picture was funny though because it needs to be in front of a sign that reads something like, "Please do not feed the animals."

Jim and Mike just taking it all in after their bodysurfing session. Hey Babe, nice ribcage! :)

Ez and Brock had a bit of a love/hate relationship at first, but they are slowly starting to warm up to being buddies. How cute are they? Brock has a smile that just makes you want to squeeze him.

.jpg)
It was a fun day.



7 comments:
how fun! I love Sea World and Kate in her bathing suit posing is so adorable!!
where can I get me a ribcage like that?
what a fun day. I am glad to see you ventured out to the beach. You aren't paying those mortgage prices for nothin, babe! Let's trade. Then you could chill at the waterpark here in Romoghetto and never worry about a grain of sand getting stuck between your toes!
And I could make sand angels and drink pina coladas on the front porch in air that rarely reaches temps over a comfortable 85 degrees. DEAL?
What? Only 2 comments so far? Man, our blogging community is seriously lacking. maybe we should call a town hall meeting and start a neighborhood watch committee. Ok, back to the subject...
You guys getting soaked is awesome. I want to be in the major soak zone one time. maybe I'll get the guts, pack extra clothes and take the plunge. I'll let you know if I do it.
I think Kate get's her poses from her sexy mama:) -that was from Jake ;)
Those are such cute pics and I'm glad you were able to enjoy it while it was happening as that can be pretty rare in motherhood!
3 favorite pics:
Ezra transfixed at the Shamu show
Kate (of course) in her sassy, swimsuit glory
And Ez and Brock side-by-side, checking out the underwater wildlife. So cute!!
Wow, quite the update! I love the pictures. That cousin picture is priceless. The Zimmerman brothers are a crack up!
Ok your Kate is the cutest thang ever! OMG! I just want to steal her. Can I?
Ez.... I want to pinch his cheeks. he he he
Where have you been? Call or text some time ok? I miss you!
I want to live in CA. I want a visor like Kate's.
I totally know what you mean about when you have a good outing...why are they so few and far between? But when you knock it out of the ballpark you feel like you should go somewhere big everyday.
How are you feeling?
Post a Comment