Monday, January 28

shout out to my cuz....

Okay, so I know this is a bit unconventional....but if anyone needs a good laugh, you should check out my cousin Heidi's blog. (sorry Heid!) Seriously, she is a frequent poster, clever as all get out, and hilarious to boot. You can find her link on my page--Heidi and Rhett. J. Tucker has already discovered the joy that is Heidi, so if you're mindlessly blog stalking, check it out!

Oh and ps.....is it white trash that I love Chuck e. Cheese? We dined there today in fact.




But why do i feel like there is a stigma attached to it? Maybe I think that because when I told my Aunt (who lives in oceanside) that we had Kate's birthday party there a year ago, she made some comment about how dirty and trashy that place is. Oh right...well tell me how you really feel. I mean c'mon, I read that the "Pitt-Jolie" family just frequented that fine establishment in Missouri just a few weeks ago. If it's good enough for Zahara and Shiloh, it's good enough for Kate and Ezra! No, but at a risk of being politically incorrect here, I think I know why I have a slight inkling of it being a bit WT. First reason? It seems to be a hot spot for very large people consuming massive amounts of pizza, salad, soda and cinnamon bread at the all-you-can-eat buffet. I mean, don't get me wrong, just today I had to remind myself that a) this was NOT my last meal, and b)I did not, in fact, have to try to eat the $9 worth of pizza and soda that I paid for. But perhaps it is observing gluttony at it's finest that taints Chuck E. Cheese for me. And the other reason that makes it feel WT? Perhaps it is the grown adults who sit at the arcade games, just like they're slot machines, dropping in their tokens, watching their piles of tickets accumulate, only to be turned in for some cotton candy and a slinky. Gotta love those cheap, crappy toys that you end up spending about $15 on in tokens. But i confess....those games that spit out mass tickets are addicting! And if I walk past a game where some kid was too dumb to rip off his tickets, I grab them for Kate's stash...finders keepers, losers suck, right?!! :) Ha ha, who's white trash now?!
Anyway, WT or not, I heart Chuck E. Cheese! Their pizza is delish, their diet coke is always "spicy", and my kids can run free thanks to the teenage boy at the door administering that ultra, high-tech neon light arm stamp! And germs?? Nothing that a little hand sanitizer can't fix! :) Holla if ya' hear me!

11 comments:

Heidi said...

So true! We just celebrated Rhett's birthday with the kids (of course we celebrated it adult-style at The Cheesecake Factory) at Chuck E. Cheese. I love it more than life.

My kids are so happy whilst gathering tickets. And so what if I feel the need to dip them in antibacterial soap the moment we leave the store? The FunDip that my kids purchased with their tickets is TOTALLY worth it!

Love you--thanks for the shout out. You are too kind.

maryam said...

Wait, did you say cinnamon bread??? Dang it. I knew I should have come with you. That's all you need to say next time. P.S. For one token, you can have your picture taken and printed on quality paper, in less than one minute. Who needs Charis??

Ben and Natalies Family Zoo said...

EVERY single year, that is my kids' place of choice for their birthdays! I think it is the mystique of Chuck himself and those other furry monsters moving around on stage. What would we do without the Cheese???

Jenny said...

Oh, so true, Adrienne - all of it. I can't believe I had to play skeeball for the 10 minutes, just to accumulate those blasted last 8 tickets (only to have the machine count wrong so we would end up having to take some of yours) so Cate could end up ..... wait for it.... a freakin' lollipop! Oh Well! I love it too. But how did you end up paying only $9.00? I had to fork out $17.00 bucks for my share of diet coke and pizza. I missed out on the cinnamon bread, but did indulge in Cate's leftover mystery jello!

Christy said...

Eliza has been talking for months about how she is going to Chuck E Cheese when she turns 6. I have only let her go once during her entire treatment. Poor girl. It will be nice when she can "get back to normal" as she likes to put it. So May we will be there. I guess I should start saving now!

Sara Decker said...

Holla! So true, so true. I love that i can go and eat 5 pieces of pizza while Bennett runs around wasting tokens. The only problem i have is that i feel like i have to follow Bennett because he likes to put in a token and then walk away, and it kills me to see the token go to waste, even though if he actually played the game it would just be going toward the crappy sucker or sticky hand that he will get.

Jessica said...

I love CEC - but I also let my kids piss in the bushes at the park, so you are asking the wrong person. LOL! No really, I have been to some CEC places where they are pretty dumpy - I think ours is pretty well taken care of. I mean there isn't a ball pit (like the one by Vicki's house) those always seem to be shady. Cheers to CEC - next time we'll meet you there. If only I can keep Owen away from strangers pizza - I mean we do buy him his own. :)

ali said...

I am willing to bet the Orange County Chuck E Cheese establishment is MUCH classier than what we've got here in Hemet. I haven't been to either one, but you've described the food to me on several occasions and everytime it leaves my pallet salivating and wanting. I will go for that reason alone.

Wendy said...

You hit the nail on the head.

SUMMER said...

LOVE Chuck E's! I was bummed I couldn't make it but Haven's 1st dentist appointment was in order. No cavities... nice! I saw Ez at the mall today in Old Navy. I assumed you were hopefully somewhere around. :) I was running trying to grab something before Berkley's nap and by the time I got back to the register... you were gone. Talk soon!!!

Melissa said...

Hmmmm...maybe it depends on the Chuck E. Cheese location. I consider myself a lover of all things WT, but Chuck E. Cheese might be a stretch. I have to imagine the OC one is better than most?