I am typing this, at midnight, home alone without a husband. Where is my husband you might ask? He turned into a 17-year old on me tonight. His oldest brother Mike has spent this week on a RV trip to the Grand Canyon with his family, and the RV doesn't have to be turned in until tomorrow. So Mike, John, and Jim, all loaded up in the RV, drove up to Huntington Beach, and are going to spend the night in the RV at the beach...and of course, wake up and surf. You should have seen these three boys--it was slumber party city. They had movies and treats (some cake I made tonight, John's "authentic" guacamole and chips, and Oreos and milk). Then the campsite they were going to was closed when they got there, so they broke into it by entering through the exit. But the park actually had those spikes to prevent this very thing from happening, but due to John's ingenuity, they got in anyway. John got out in the pouring rain, and dug up some sand bags and a palm tree branch that he layed over the spikes, and Mike drove the RV right over them into the park. And to complete the night, John just prank called me, laughing so hard at his own joke he could barely speak. Me (seeing it is his phone number on my caller ID): Hello? John (already laughing): Is John there? Me: what are u guys doing (but realizing he wants me to say "John Who?") John (laughing so hard he can barely get it out): "Then what the hell are you going to pee in, a Dixie Cup....and hangs up. I could hear Mike and Jim just busting up in the background. Seriously? These are all 30-something, working professional fathers/husbands having a slumber party in an RV?? Prank calls, some delinquency, staying up late, and midnight snacks--sounds like a genuine slumber party to me!!
Okay, and I also just wanted to post two things that I have enjoyed lately. First off, I asked for the Nintendo Wii for my birthday. I know, right? But I am addicted to Guitar Hero! In fact, Jim and I rang in 2008 playing that until the wee hours of the morning, until we were both getting carpal tunnel in our wrists! If you haven't played it, you're missing out. I even made the missionaries who came over for dinner tonight take a turn (I know--I'm so rebellious, breaking their rules!). This picture shows Jim and I in action, ripping it up! :)

So i also just finished reading this book. Has anyone else read it? It has been on the NY Times Bestseller list for weeks now, and the author has been on Oprah twice because she has created a phenemenon of sorts with this book. It is a great book...at the risk of sounding SO cheesy, it makes you want to find yourself, and focus on what really makes you happy. Anyway, add it to your list of reads if you haven't read it already. I thoroughly enjoyed it.
16 comments:
I wish I could say that didn't sound like my husband... but I'm not suprised. What's funny is he didn't dare call me because he knows I would have been pissed. Poor Adrienne - they knew you stay up late therefore could mess with you. And what? I'm suppose to rely on this joker to support my family????
Oh! And HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
Did they have pillow talk too? That would complete their slumber party fiasco.
I love how they broke into the campsite...seriously? These boys are legit.
-Becca
First of all, happy b-day. Hopefully your teenage husband will surprise you by giving you his class ring. Wouldn't that be so dreamy?
Only Jim's brothers could bring out that crazy side in him.
I was just saying to Ed over chips and salsa at Mama Chus, "Do you think my boys broke in so they could stay at the beach last night?" I hate to say it, but I already knew the answer would be yes. And now, thanks to you Adrienne, is "the rest of the story." What a shock!! I trust Jim will do something more mature with you to celebrate your birthday tonight. Who raised these kids???
Happy Birthday to you!
I am laughing so hard at those Zimmerman boys. That is pretty funny. I love that picture of you and Jim. Frame it for sure.
Merry Birthday!!! I want to play guitar hero with you. It looks like so much fun. Let's have a ladies only guitar hero/kareoke/birthday party for you and Jessica. What do ya say?
I must admit that doesn't sound like a night I would expect from Jim, but it sounds like fun. I want to have an RV slumber party and make some prank calls. Sounds fun.
Happy Bday to you today, hope you had a good day. Here's to another year of being soul mates (me and you that is!!!)
The best part of this whole post is that picture of you and Jim rocking out, while the little kids next to you totally have their backs to you like they're embarrassed for you.
Don't be embarrassed. You're the height of cool.
And happy birthday!
I agree with Sara. Lets have our own RV slumber party! Happy Birthday!
Happy B-day AZ!!! You are still a baby... I hit the big 3-0 this year and I am SCARED!!!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY. a little late. I hope you got the Wii for your birthday because it is the greatest ever. I have been babysitting Jonathan's and really don't want to give it back.
andrea
Happy Birthday Lady. We are celebrating this Friday. I'll call you later. Done and done.
Happy birthday! The story is freaking hilarious and you are too. Let's do a guitar hero party, please, I've never played!
Happy snappy birthday! I was gone - so this is me, on your blog, 3 days late, wishing you a happy birthday.
First off, your husband the teenager is awesome. I was laughing through the entire story picturing a made for TV movie about this weekend. Too funny. Can we try having a sleepover soon? G? You there?
Second off, haven't played Guitar Hero, but fell in love with the Wii this holiday season also. Didn't think anything would ever be able to replace Tetris. Hmm.
Thirdly, Eat Pray Love has been on my list for a while now. Can't wait to read it now that it has the AZ seal of approval.
Hope you had a great holiday!
My husband is always doing things that teenagers do- he is a teenager. Paintball, motorcycles- I don't think he really does anything that is really grown up. But I guess that keeps life fun! I love the prank calling.. that is hilarious. Hey, I just turned 30 in December and it hit me pretty hard too. Hope it was a good one and they say that 30 is the new 20 so we are just 20!!! hey, you guys better come on the cruise to Bermuda. We are going and would all have a ball!
AZ.....PLEASE tell me you caught the classic Jim moment on American idol last night. I was laughing SO hard, and couldn't find my cell phone to call you! Where have you been all this time?
Post a Comment