Sunday, December 2

Without the Bachelor, I'm lost! My blog is on it's way to being one of the ones that people will no longer check because they are sick of seeing the same post with nothing new ever happening to my page.

I don't know if it is the season, and being busy, or if it is a combination of being busy while simultaneously being lazy (do you know what I mean by that? like cleaning and shopping for two hours so I then spend the next two hours treating myself to some t.v. time on the couch), but for whatever reason I have been in a blogging funk. I'm just sort of over it. But tonight I was e-mailing my mom some pictures that I took of she and Kate while we were up in Utah for Thanksgiving and I thought I would give a little ode to grandmas. We call my mom the "Pied Piper" because within minutes of a get together, she has all the grandkids trailing her, calling her name. In fact, I think I saw Kate for like 5 minutes the entire 9 days we spent up in Utah because she was always either with my mom, or she was calling her name, searching for my mom. She even slept on my mom's floor every night we were there--even the night she threw up in my mom's room, forcing my mom to flee her own room to escape the smell of vomit! (sorry about that one, mom!) My mom just invents the silliest games to play, but the kids just love it. Like impromptu games of dancing to some music and then freezing when she stops the music; or putting the leafs to her formal dining table against the 3 small steps by her room so they create a little ramp for the kids to run/slide down; or the endless stash of cheap toys she has in her closet that she busts out whenever the kids get bored. She is a great grandma...and here are a few photos to prove it.



This photo is all of the kids working on some turkey craft my mom thought of to keep them entertained.

This is what happens when Kate and Grandma disappear together in the Spanish Fork Holiday Boutique....Kate came back as Rudolph.


Kate just chillin' outside of the giant playroom that my mom built into her basement complete with a little house under the stairs, and chests and cupboards full of toys.

And kudos to my mom for reading to Kate....they literally must have read 1,000 books together while we were there. In fact, I went into my mom's room one morning to see if they were awake yet, and my mom was on the floor in Kate's sleeping bag, reading her a book. This was first thing in the morning! I usually tell Kate to let mommy wake up before I have to dive into reading books with her!



Anyway, she's great....I just wish she lived closer--Kate would be in heaven! Three cheers for grandmas!!

10 comments:

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

Love this post...love your mom! I actually saw her at Maceys grocery store with Kate in Spanish Fork and I thought how cute is that, just the two of them together.

Wendy said...

I feel your blogging funk pain. I think we are all in the same boat. Sounds like your trip to Grandma's was a success. I only pray for the day Tess is that independent.

Anonymous said...

Holla Kay. What about the Thanksgiving Day Parade, Kay was responsible for that too. Kids walking in a circle, singing to music, with strange costumes.

After we left your parent's house that night, my dad said, "Sharon why don't you do stuff like that with the grandkids?" My mom replied, "Hal....we have four grandkids and usually it's just Hen and Ruby at our house, I think the parade would have been very shortlived Hen would have trampled Ruby in a second and then it would have been all over."
-Becca

Jessica Davis said...

That's awesome. Grandmas ARE the best. I love your mom. And I know what you mean about being in a blogging funk! I am kind of over it too. I think about all these things I could blog about, and then I think, "eh." I can't be bothered for some reason.

Celia said...

Finally a new post! I was wondering if I was going to have to sneak onto your account and start posting for you. Beesh.

And you stole my idea! I was going to post about the pied piper. Son of A!!! Oh well, looks like it just might be repeated. Oh well, let's sing her praises. After all, she deserves it after Kate puked in her room (how did I not know that?!?).

Christy said...

Grandmas really are the best. I wish my mom lived closer also. I really do miss your Bachelor posts. My Monday nights are just not the same.

Sara Decker said...

So cute. Kate looks so grown up and adorable in all of those pics, and what a fun grandma. No wonder you love to visit.

Heidi said...

Oh, Aunt Kay! She's so the best.

And I'm so glad you blogged. I was worried you had fallen into a deep depression over Brad's betrayal.

The McCulloughs said...

I understand about the blogging slump- I am in a bit of a rut too, but I am so happy to see a new post, because I am sick of Brad Womack! Grandma's are the best, I agree, I also wish my kids' grandmas lived closer- It really would make life easier, huh? Glad you guys had a great Thanksgiving in Payson- Hope your Holidays are nice! Don't get too lazy- Keep up the posts!

Melissa said...

Does Grandma Kay need some substitute grandkids while you guys are not around? What a fun grammy. And her house looks like a childrens heaven. Not only is she cool...but a hot grandma! She looks great.
I love how you wrote I wish she lived closer instead of we lived closer. You are really in CA forever? No if's and's or butt's?