Saturday, December 15

First off, thanks Wendy for the sweet new holiday page! Love it....so festive.

Okay, so last week Miss Helen, Kate's preschool teacher, asked me to teach Kate to sing Silent Night for their upcoming holiday program. It is this Thursday night for all the kids and their families. She told me Kate was nice and loud, so I thought she wanted to make sure she had one good, strong voice in the group. So the other day, she asked me to teach Kate the second verse as well. I asked her how the other kids were doing learning it, and she said, "what other kids? Didn't I tell you that Kate is going to be singing Silent Night as a solo?" Umm.....no, you didn't tell me that! She said that Kate is going to be the opening number of the program...acapella. And of course she is supposed to wear her holiday best.

So now the pressure is on! I feel a little like a stage mom--what if she blows it? What if she won't do it come crunch time? What if she is incredibly off tune? I voiced these concerns to Miss Helen but she reassured me that Kate is not shy, and is very comfortable and loud when performing her number for her class. So anyway, we have been driving around town listening to Lee Ann Womack (the country singer) sing Silent Night on my iPod. I am nervous for little Kate though. And I'm pretty sure that I might get a little choked up seeing tiny little Kate, belting her little heart out. And my mom and dad are flying out just to see her sing. They are coming Thursday morning and leaving Friday morning. We will video it and if I feel unusually motivated, I'll try to put it on YouTube and post it.

So there you go, Cels, wasn't that story totally worth blogging about? :) I'm not "in the weeds" anymore, I'm just lacking creativity and newsworthy events in my life!

6 comments:

The McCulloughs said...

We loved hearing her sing the Thanksgiving song.. she sounded so sweet. There is just something about hearing children sing that makes your heart melt! I am sure she did well and soon enough she may be ready for American Idol...LOL!

Miss C. said...

That is so adorable. You should definitely post it on you tube if you can. And your parents are flying out just for it...they get the grandparents award. Holy...
-Becca

Sara Decker said...

I do have to say that was the cutest thing i have ever heard. Thanks for the personal performance Kate!

Celia said...

Yes, I am very happy. Phew. I thought I was going to have to get on there and post for you myself, just to satisfy "your public." I had already come up with some sweet stories about little Jimmy.

Anyhoo, sure wish we lived closer so we could come see her. Call us and have her sing to us on the phone. How would that be to have such a cute little performer? I wouldn't know. The other night I had to bribe Henry with chocolate and cookies just to get him to sing to Mom and Dad on the phone.

Heidi said...

Wow. Aunt Kay has her replacement opera singer in the wings.

I'm sure she will be FABULOUS!

I'm also very glad that you are back blogging--I keep checking and checking and checking and it's still the same thing. (Although you're not as behind as Blair and Kim--their page still says, "I Heart Maui")

Wendy said...

You do have a loyal fan base. 5 comments in the first 30 minutes! That's impressive. You must YouTube Kate singing. You can't dangle that carrot to your "people" and not deliver. What a star. "Stage Mom"? You crack me up.

Celia- thanks for telling it like it is. We need your insights, Adrienne. And what's with no titles on your posts?