So my blog is getting a bit pathetic with this Bachelor run down, but I can't disappoint my public! :) Let's just start by saying thank you ABC for cutting down three 24-hour dates and a rose ceremony into 45-measly minutes. Don't get me wrong...I actually like Samantha Who, but seriously?? That was lame...we saw nothing of their dates except tidbits of an activity, dinner convo consisting of each girl stumbling over themselves as they profess their love for Brad, and then Brad shutting the door on the camera for some action. And what was with all the talk about getting physical and intimate, blah blah. Yeah, we're adults, we know what happens when they close the door/curtains!
Jenny--giggly, happy Jenny. I like her. She's sweet, fun, energetic, and pretty. And man her bikini was tiny, hmmm? I thought it was totally genuine to see how nervous she was when she tried to tell Brad how she felt about him. I thought their dinner banter over the fantasy suite card was cute. And on every show, there is inevitably a couple who's affection for each other seems much more natural and comfortable than anyone else's. And I think Brad and Jenny are that couple.
Bettina--First off, thanks Annalee for hosting Bettina the not-so-pleasant German exchange student who completely ruined that name for me (as if it is that pretty in the first place, but even beautiful Bettina can't redeem that name). And to all of us bagging on Bettina's hair? Well, the joke's on us because I don't think anyone would notice her hair with a body like that! Seriously....I think I would take wispy hair any day of the week to look like her in a bikini. But I have issues with Bettina, and as a result, a slight issue with Brad. First of all, the reason Brad was searching so hard for the real Bettina was because what he had was all there is to find! The girl has no personality!! She was so flat, and full of nothing more than breathy sentiments their entire date: Brad tells her that sailing that American cup boat was one of the coolest things he's ever done...her response: "Really!" Brad asks her to join him in the fantasy suite, and all she says is "Yes, Thank you!" And good one Bettina, like we believe that the only hang up your family had about Brad was whether or not he was into you. Tell the judgemental Professor that although Brad didn't graduate from college, he's smart enough not to fall for that one! (yeah, thanks, thank you....I'll be here all week :) So here is my issue with Brad...I think he wanted to date the cheerleader with Bettina. I'm not saying that Jenny and Deanna are like band dorks or anything, but he clearly kept Bettina around because she is beautiful and has a hot body. I mean, c'mon, if you were working that hard to get to know her, and you were searching so futilely for substance all this time, than how the hell did she get to be one of the final 3 girls? I think maybe Brad kept hoping that with enough time the pretty girl would maybe materialize into the girl you take home to meet your mom....but alas, she's nothing more than a pretty face. :) Okay, I'm getting retarded with all these cliches but seriously....if she was so hard to get to know, there is no other reason than physical attraction to explain why Brad kept her around for so long.
And finally, Deanna. DeAnna is the wild card here...i think she still elicits a mixed reaction--you either like her or you don't. I have already forgotten all the catty, girl fight drama from the house, so I like her. I think Brad likes her too. He even used the "S" word....soulmate! I get nervous whenever I hear the Bachelor say things like that because I'm always afraid it will come back to bite them in the @#* when they don't choose that person! But I liked how DeAnna told Brad that he had her heart. I thought that was sweet, and an appropriate way to say she cares about him without sounding too intense dropping the "L" bomb...oh wait, she did do that...five seconds later. But Brad seems really into her, in a different way than Jenny. I think he and Jenny have a lot of fun together, but he seems like he is more intense and passionate with DeAnna. Who knows....but I like her. But the analysis from this show on is more of an editing game. You have to wonder how authentic everything is from here on out, or how much of it is edited by the producers to try to throw everyone off. I will say this--I think Brad does propose, and I'm going to be cautiously optimistic here, but I think he and his girl will still be together when the show airs. But I honestly can't say yet who I think he will pick....I'll take a position after the girls meet his momma!
So now for some random tidbits....did anyone notice how staged the ending was when Brad went back in to toast with Deanna and Jenny? I totally noticed how he scooted right between them, and positioned himself perfectly centered between them, facing the camera. It was so obvious that "x marks the spot" for him on that take. Also, did anyone else notice when Brad slid the fantasy suite card over to DeAnna how little she had eaten? Leave it to me to notice that, but she still had a full plate of what looked like some enchiladas, a taco, and beans and rice! :) And finally, Bettina's hair pulled back--it was lovely! Why didn't she ever do that before? And I was not feeling DeAnna's long, silky blue dress at the rose ceremony--it wasn't very flattering on her curvy figure, and it looked a little bit like a nightgown. And the previews for the ending....how does the host Chris Harrison even get these sentences out: "And the amazing conclusion, to the most dramatic love story, when Brad follows his heart." Are they joking with this stuff? But I guess I shouldn't even type that because I'm the loser who still watches every single minute of it faithfully. And finally....the Mexican singer at the end who gave Brad and Bettina a private performance. How awkward...they were sort of half swaying, half dancing, because you could see how unsure they were about what to do. And Brad was concentrating on the singer, as if he really gave a rat's, but he probably just felt uncomfortable so he was focusing on her to distract himself. I'm sorry--intimate, private performances like that would be so uncomfortable, and so far from romantic, if you ask me. Also, I have only ever said I love you to Jim...you know, actually uttered those three litte words, and we had dated for a pretty long time, and I was certain he felt the same way, but I was still really nervous to actually say it out loud. But can you imagine how awkward and hard it would be to say that to someone, in front of a camera, that you have only known for a few weeks, knowing he is dating 2, 3 other girls at the time, and the worst part...knowing for a fact he is not going to say it back?! I don't think I would dare say it...even if I really felt it!
And finally, my apologies to the ladies who I was supposed to watch this with tonite...sorry, Jim got home late and my kids were sick. But honestly, I like to watch it alone because I will notice at certain points in the show that I have this big stupid grin on my face. I feel like such a dork. Maybe I'm like an alcoholic, they say if you like to drink alone than you know you have a problem. Does that rule apply if I like to be alone to watch Brad? :)
Monday, November 5
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



10 comments:
Adrienne, honey, you've got to learn to hold a grudge better. I HATE DeeAHHHna! See, I'm really good at holding grudges? I thought as a fellow middle child you would be just as good, but you're all "forgive and forget"--what's up with that? Deanna is a nasty person. . .
And, I have to say this, although it may make everyone hate me. . . does Brad have a personality? Am I the only one who's noticed he's not exactly Mr. Excitement unless his shirt's off?
I've noticed several typos above, and I'm just anal enough to point them out so you know I'm not lame. . . I should have put "who has" instead of "who's" and I shouldn't have put a question mark after my third sentence. English majors unite!
AZ.....you are classic! I got up to read your blog this morning. A couple thoughts...
1. I noticed DeAnna's full plate too. i actually took it as, OH...that's why she is skinny. She doesn't eat two full plates of food like I do?!
2.You have never mentioned it...but I can't stand it when they receive their rose, go back to their place and lovingly look down at the rose only to take a little smell. How lame is it when they all smell their rose!
3. There is serious editing going on. Notice that DeAnna's hair is up, then down, then different again all during one conversation. What a load.
And last...my stance.....DeAnna's out. She is WAY too contrived! base on the editing, it looks like she might be stiff competition, but I don't buy it. It has and will always be Jenny. i actually think they have the best shot for a long time of making it all the way!
I also noticed some typos.....I was a broadcasting major!
Bettina was really pretty but had bad skin... I noticed this at the end. Maybe that bothered Brad? Oh yeah- and her NO PERSONALITY! But hot bod! I too think it is too staged and I think they tell him what to say. How does he always say such nice things... we want the truth!!! Give us the dirt and what you really think Brad! And last but not least... this show always lets me down b/c they NEVER end up together on "The Bachelor". They need to do another "Bachelorette"! Hello, look at what happened when the girl picked the guy... Trista and Ryan= marriage and baby now!
Troy always said the saddest part about dating me was that he would never get my dinner leftovers. I totally noticed the full plate, too! In fact, my mouth was watering over those enchiladas. sad.
I am so glad boring old bettina is gone. and like summer, I noticed the skin in the end. but even the stringy hair and bad skin cannot cancel out her perfect body. sheesh.
I think it will be Jenny. Their date was so fun and flirtatious. I think I was blushing as though I was there!
Can't wait for next week. thanks for the faithful write-ups!
I love your summary, always so funny! My vote is still DeAnna. I think you are right, it is more passionate. I also like to watch it alone. I don't know why, I think it is so I can make sure I see EVERY last second!
I will never think of the name Bettina in the same way either. How lame was she??
I tagged you! Check out my Blog!
I totally noticed the random tidbits just like you. I also liked Bettina's hair pulled back and also wondered why she hadn't done this before. And DeAnna;s food- I just wondered if they ever ate? I don't care how stressful it is- a girls gotta eat, right? I would be the one on the show eating instead of attempting to express my love to Brad! So glad Bettina's gone- she seemed boring to me too! I can't decide who he is gonna pick, but we'll just have to wait and see! Love your little ditty! What are you going to write about when it is over? You had better think of something like America's Next Top Model or something else that I watch! Your awesome for keeping me entertained!
Post a Comment