Monday, August 25

Happy Birthday Little Boy!!


So my little boy is two years old today. Where has the time gone? How did we both go from this??
To this??

These last two years, okay, maybe more like 18 months, have been so much fun. Ezra has made me see that the term "momma's boy" was created for a reason. I just can't get enough of him...although I realize turning two could be a pivotal moment in his pleasant disposition.
Blogs have tendencies to be so "rose-colored", with everything so wonderful and life so full of bliss. But with Ezra, being his mom really is like that. He is so pleasant, happy, loveable, bright, playful, obedient, social, and hilarious. He was NOT an easy baby, but he has definitely grown into such a fun toddler. He is so different from Kate in that he is so affectionate. Kate never really seemed to be a cuddler, but little Ezzie Bear gives hugs and kisses galore, and Jim and I happily take everything he gives.
As bright as Ezra is, he is nowhere near the level Kate was when she turned two. She fully comprehended her birthday and a party and all it entailed. Ezra....not so much. So we decided to just have a small family party for Ezra, which was still a lot of fun. He got some great gifts, and seemed to have so much fun.

Here's Jim crafting our version of a "carousel" cake. (Hey Martha Stewart, I mean, Ali....this is what homemade cakes are supposed to look like! :).


Ezra mastered the excited "Oh!" face by the end of opening presents. He put on a good show for everyone...it was so cute.



Then tonight we went to a birthday party at Scooter's Jungle. Even though it wasn't technically his party, it was still a fun activity to do on his actual birthday. Here is Ezra, looking a little "W.T." after a serious mishap involving a mouthful of M&M's and white golf shirt.

But then Jim, Mr. Appropriate, went out to my car and dug up a too-small jacket for him to wear so he would look a little more decent.



It's funny how I look at these pictures, and they all crack me up, knowing Ezra's personality. But to everyone else, it's probably like, "Okay, enough already." But oh well.
So Happy Birthday Ezra....you are my favorite little man.

7 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Happy Birthday Ezra! I love the cake, it's so cute!

SUMMER said...

Happy B-day Ez! I can't believe you are 2 now!!!

ginacrotts.jamberrynails.net said...

He is darling!

Anonymous said...

now, now. that cake is nothing to balk at. I must say, I've never seen such fine crafting with fruit roll ups!

in my favorite words, "It's a GOOD THING!"

Melissa said...

not enough already! his little smile makes me smile big. so cute.
happy birthday Ezra!

Jenny said...

Happy Birthday Kid! What a cutie! And I will echo your thoughts by saying that although I'm sure it's happened, I've never seen the kid throw a fit!
Also, I love your haircut. So fresh.
And, I am still dying that your baby widget still has 96 days to go. I'm so sorry!

Christy said...

I love Ezra! He really is one funny kid. I love the "oh" face.