So I just got off the phone with my mom who called to tell me about a story that has been in the news up in Utah. I will post the link, but the title of this news article is "County Health Dept. says pool illness 20 times normal." And here is an excerpt from the first paragraph:
"The State Health Department reports an outbreak of diarrhea from a parasite called Cryptosporidium. There have been 76 reported cases in only three counties over the past few weeks. A lot more unreported cases are probably still out there. "
Ummm, excuse me, there is one unreported case from Laguna Niguel!!! Can you believe this?! I am now positive that Kate got it from Riverside Country Club pool, and had diarrhea for two weeks, and then I got it from her. But isn't that amazing that there is now this big outbreak of it all over Utah! At the bottom of the article, one Utah mom talks about how Cryptosporidium has completely ruined her family's summer. She said they had to cancel all their plans becuase you just couldn't leave the bathroom....amen to that, sister! I feel so vindicated, somehow!
Anyway, I guess all that matters is that I am feeling better now, but my mom is still going to call the Health Department to report my out break....take that Utah!
Here is the link if you care to read the whole article.
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=1610687
Saturday, August 11
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



14 comments:
"take that utah"? LOL - tell them they are going to get a kick in the pants when i come up next :)
That's hilarious! Don't be a lost statistic.
That is why CA is way better! I don't think we have those yucky things in our pools! J/K! That was a horrible parasite and ruined a lot of your summer too! Your mom needs to tell them that! Glad you are FINALLY better.... and even more glad that the mystery is solved!
That is so crazy! We all swam in that water and totally could have ended up with the same thing, but only you got it. Thanks for taking one for the team A!
oh my gosh...poor kate. (and you) did the parasite just leave her? imagine all you went through and her poor little body had it too! it is good that you found out where it came from though, i bet you will never want to swim in that pool again!
I tried emailing that article to you too, but for some reason it didn't go through. We swam at the Riverside CC pool a lot this summer as well. I'm so glad that none of us got what you had.
I am so bummed for your family, are you sure you didn't get it from both places? I am glad you are feeling better. Are you able to get out yet. I loved your comment on my blog, seriously, parenting can be such a trial!
Did Mom tell you that Dad didn't want her to rat on Riverside CC? Come on Dad, where do your loyalties lie?!?
seriously dad! Don't worry your pretty little head, it won't affect your golf game! But it had to be from that--it is the only explanation. If Blair got bit by a snake on hole 16 and it affected his handicap, would Dad report that?? ;)
It just goes to show, Riverside CC only loves those who love it back.
Adrienne - We are postponing our little pool party to Wednesday. Summer will Email the details out later today maybe, but I hope you and your kids can come! -Lindsey
Is Lindsey's comment a joke? Are you no longer invited to pool parties because of your parasite A? Love it.
Plus, hilarious that your dad doesn't want the CC to get ratted on. Again I say - to hell with you cryptosporidium!
I hope I don't get it... being that I live in Utah! aaahhh... I'm nervous now!
i am in serious shock over this whole thing, adrienne! i can't believe you've been through this all summer... i had salmonella poisoning twice and both times ended up in the hospital but was only down and out for a few days... i can't imagine weeks and weeks. suzanne and i are so bummed about the half. glad they are letting you run next year. we'll all have to go running when you get feeling better and have a pseudo race! let's get together soon!! i would say 'pool?' but you might be steering clear of those for a while... mall?? i'll call you... mark's going to be gone all next week.
Post a Comment